Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Over 5000 turn out to watch Swans training session...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Thats pretty incredible.

Now im going to pose a question and i know its not going to go down well, but i pride myself on not shying away from my thoughts so will indeed pose it to the forum.

I will ask though, could i get some genuine replies rather than insults, surely everybody by now knows hurling of abuse is pointless when it comes to me :D

Do you think its bad that more watched an end of season training session for Swansea on a non match day.... than turned up on the march to fight for your clubs heritage when all 27,000 attending fans were a mere hundreds of meters away?

Re: Over 5000 turn out to watch Swans training session...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:38 am

No abuse but go away and get a life :sleepy2:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 am

It means nothing

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 am

CraigCCFC wrote:It means nothing

It means more people were bothered to take time out of their daily non footballing routine to go and watch swansea train on a non match day than bothered to turn up for your march for your herritage and blue on a matchday where all 27,000 fans were within spitting distance of it.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 am

Might say the economy in Swansea isn't all that great at the moment...

I would think most people would be working or in school at 11am.

;) :happy1:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 am

If i was a staunch blue fighting for the return to blue, then a figure like this would hurt me. I would feel let down by my fellow fans.

I said at the time that I didnt feel it was a good turn-out considering the importance of the march and the proximity all match going fans were to it at the time.

Id be interested to hear from some staunch blues.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 am

That's a fair chunk of your fan base partic if you consider half your home crowds are rugby fans. There is very little to do in Swansea in the Easter holidays or anytime I guess. Says it all really the town is dead.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 am

Easter holidays, lots of families get. Free day out to meet premier league footballers... It's quite a pull. From what I understand, there were a few children's groups there too.. Play schemes and the like.

Totally different things & totally incomparable.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:58 am

Svenman87 wrote:Might say the economy in Swansea isn't all that great at the moment...

We are far more civilised out west. Out children dont work down mines or in sweat shops they do infact attend schools and as said schools have broken up for easter it makes sense that children attended. A direct knock on effect of this is parents will also take leave to care for said children. This arrangement has to the best of my knowledge has been occuring for many years.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:58 am

Remember this used to be a Cardiff forum. Annis you've sold out mate

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Remember this used to be a Cardiff forum. Annis you've sold out mate

Its now a Roathie forum

If he was pro tan he would have been banned many moons ago

Barry Chuckle wrote:Easter holidays, lots of families get. Free day out to meet premier league footballers... It's quite a pull. From what I understand, there were a few children's groups there too.. Play schemes and the like.

Totally different things & totally incomparable.

But 25,000 Cardiff fans were already right next to your march for blue.

Nobody was at the Liberty other than those that turned up specifically to watch the training session. Easter holidays doesnt really come into it because ALL your 25,000 home fans were not only available but right next to the stadium where the march took place, id assume most of ours had other non footballing plans with their families on Easter holidays.

They are completely comparable. Both football related events, one vitally important and the other just a training session. Yet the training session was better attended.

I think thats odd anyway. :lol:

jackf wrote:
Svenman87 wrote:Might say the economy in Swansea isn't all that great at the moment...

We are far more civilised out west. Out children dont work down mines or in sweat shops they do infact attend schools and as said schools have broken up for easter it makes sense that children attended. A direct knock on effect of this is parents will also take leave to care for said children. This arrangement has to the best of my knowledge has been occuring for many years.

I'm from the US :P quite surprising you guys have a day off after Easter to be honest. Then actually 5000 when there isn't anything to do is pretty bad imo. :laughing6:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:Remember this used to be a Cardiff forum. Annis you've sold out mate

Its now a Roathie forum

If he was pro tan he would have been banned many moons ago

Fair question is it not?

Ive not made anything up, ive just stated a fact on a very relevant subject that is discussed on the forum daily.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:06 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:But 25,000 Cardiff fans were already right next to your march for blue.

Nobody was at the Liberty other than those that turned up specifically to watch the training session. Easter holidays doesnt really come into it because ALL your 25,000 home fans were not only available but right next to the stadium where the march took place, id assume most of ours had other non footballing plans with their families on Easter holidays.

They are completely comparable. Both football related events, one vitally important and the other just a training session. Yet the training session was better attended.

I think thats odd anyway. :lol:

Which means that they didn't want to march! I know many people that would prefer he club in blue, but did not march. Loyal fans, but demonstrations just aren't their thing.

Easter holidays exactly comes into it... A lovely day out FREE for the kids & a chance for people who cannot afford to go to games to go along and see the stars in action.

2 totally different events & totally incomparable in my opinion.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 am

Easter holidays works more in favour of my point than yours.

ALL your home fans were available as they were already at the stadium. None of ours were at the Liberty anyway and as its the easter holidays id imagine a large proportion of our regular home fans had other non footballing arrangements. Lets not forget, its free to march too.
Last edited by Roath_Magic_ on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 am

Wow!!! 5000 people turned up to watch a premier league club train in the middle of half term when parents are trying to entertain their kids!!! I bet half of the people who turned up don't even support swansea, it was just parents trying to entertain their kids on the cheap????

But in all fairness 5000 is still good for a club your size.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:15 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Easter holidays works more in favour of my point than yours.

ALL your home fans were available as they were already at the stadium. None of ours were at the Liberty anyway and as its the easter holidays id imagine a large proportion of our regular home fans had other non footballing arrangements. Lets not forget, its free to march too.

& a march is hardly the occasion for a family day out... Whereas the training session is. As I said, my understanding that there were a lot of groups like playschemes there too.

It's a far more Ttractive draw than a march.

I respectfully disagree and feel they are not comparable, in my opinion .

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 am

Ha ha pissing my self laughing.
Right my view is with all the fights and Chicos Bricks at your training sessions it must be more entertaining than watching your games.They must be sado gimps to one want to watch the team train. Or even sadder to want to watch a few bitch slaps.
Tell me in honesty anyone on here who watches training sessions ? Sad people who dont know how to lick fanny and enjoy train spotting. Roathy you suprise me with this .

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
& a march is hardly the occasion for a family day out... Whereas the training session is. As I said, my understanding that there were a lot of groups like playschemes there too.

It's a far more Ttractive draw than a march.

I respectfully disagree and feel they are not comparable, in my opinion .

It doesn't have to be a day out - your club is on the line, surely all your fans that were 100 yards away anyway would feel it important enough to attend? And even fans that werent at the game would feel the need to make the effort?

The fact you admitted a training session is more attractive than a march to get your clubs heritage restored is kind of my point.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Ha ha pissing my self laughing.
Right my view is with all the fights and Chicos Bricks at your training sessions it must be more entertaining than watching your games.They must be sado gimps to one want to watch the team train. Or even sadder to want to watch a few bitch slaps.
Tell me in honesty anyone on here who watches training sessions ? Sad people who dont know how to lick fanny and enjoy train spotting. Roathy you suprise me with this .

Dont blame me, i wasnt there :laughing6:

Im just the messenger. Find it interesting thats all, after saying i thought your turn out was poor considering the importance of it and proximity to all your home fans.... Which was denied vehemently.
Last edited by Roath_Magic_ on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 am

More attractive to families & kids, yes, which is common sense...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:More attractive to families & kids, yes, which is common sense...

A family nowhere near the stadium would want to go out of their way to travel there to watch a training session MORE than a Cardiff fan would want to show his/her desire for blue back at an event organised 100 yards away from where he/she already is?

Again, thats kind of my point.

The two teams play at the Millenium Stadium for example. Lets see who fills the ground.

No point debating it because I am right. We would easily have more.

Barry Chuckle wrote:More attractive to families & kids, yes, which is common sense...

You should know by now that Roathie is right. Just admit defeat. He's worse than you when you used to be a pain, all those years ago

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 am

A good turn out but there is no relevance in the comparison. I went on the march but my kids didn't as their not season ticket holders and i wasn't going to leave them outside whilst I watched the game if this event was open for Cardiff on the easter holidays i would more than likely take them to it. Remember if people are suggesting to their missus that their thinking of taking their kids to watch a training session and meet the players or go on a protest march which one would they rather. It's not hard.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 am

cendl blue wrote:A good turn out but there is no relevance in the comparison. I went on the march but my kids didn't as their not season ticket holders and i wasn't going to leave them outside whilst I watched the game if this event was open for Cardiff on the easter holidays i would more than likely take them to it. Remember if people are suggesting to their missus that their thinking of taking their kids to watch a training session and meet the players or go on a protest march which one would they rather. It's not hard.

Agree totally.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 am

Mario wrote:The two teams play at the Millenium Stadium for example. Lets see who fills the ground.

No point debating it because I am right. We would easily have more.

You seem to be having your own little debate there :D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:31 am

Oh and with this whole 'abuse' thing you are going on about, I can't really see it. When I was on the Jack forum I was being called genuine scum, for saying our midfield was better than theirs. A fair point I think.

You get hardly any abuse, for the fact you blindly offer no debate and patrnonise everyone. Shame your patronizing attitude doesn't work as you don't back up your arguments with anything more than 'I am right'. Predicting future events as fact, with nothing to back it up. Maybe your opinion is backing it up, but it isn't, nothing factual comes into your arguments.

Either way cba for another day of not being allowed to debate with you.

You are right, I am wrong.

There, now go wank over the fact, yes FACT, nathan dyer mugged a women.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:31 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:If i was a staunch blue fighting for the return to blue, then a figure like this would hurt me. I would feel let down by my fellow fans.

I said at the time that I didnt feel it was a good turn-out considering the importance of the march and the proximity all match going fans were to it at the time.

Id be interested to hear from some staunch blues.

Your trying to stir it up.

Bore off.