Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Over 5000 turn out to watch Swans training session...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 pm

That's gypsies for you! ( They were probably looking for thieving tips from Dyer ). :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
does it hurt you that more people turned up for our FA cup game against wigan than some of your europa league games?

if that was my club, in its first season in europe and our neighbors were getting more fans for an FA cup game against a div1 side i'd feel really let down by my fellow fans

No, attendances at football matches have never interested me. Certainly not enough to hurt me. :D

we dont have a large hardcore following, we haven't for as long as I remember so comparing to a club with historically bigger numbers is a bit futile really. Im under no illusions that if we are ever relegated then 25% of the current crowd will leave.

The Premier League is a bigger pull than the Europa League (which wasnt our first season in europe as you suggest by the way) and in a 60 game season people will prioritise, just the way it is. No reason to be hurt over it :laughing6:

Although if a madman came in turned us green, rid us of our swan and plunged us into £100m debt id be mortified if the majority of the match day crowd didn't to their upmost to fight for our club and not just bask in the fact we have Premier League status for what could be 1 season.

so a large chunk of swans fans would leave if you got relegated, but you'd be mortified if they didnt protest?

you haven't had anything like this happen to your club since your gates were about 3k (i know it doesnt interest you but it's relevant) i can garantee that if it happened to you now you would have a similar number of hardcore opponents protesting...hull have proved that this year.

p.s. congratulations on your record training attendence, i'll get in touch with ccfc to see if they can donate a good natured plaque to honor this occasion

Yep id say we would have 16,500 attendances if relegated so 3500 would go back to support liverpool or whatever. So 18% then.

So if we were relegated and that happened to us and we didnt at least get 9000-10,000 on a march held right next to the stadium on a match day then id be so disgusted with the fans id find it difficult to sit in the same stadium as them.

Thats a fact.

The thing is you haven't had ANY opposition to Tan. Its taken 2 years for a mere murmur and even that was strictly NOT anti tan. The only semblance of defiance was at Liverpool and that was for Mackay not the club.

That isn't a fact.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Why are you so desperate Roathie?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Around 7,000 Cardiff fans travelled 100s of miles to Chelsea in 2010. who give a f*** about a 5,000 gipos watching Their home Town training? :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:38 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:Remember this used to be a Cardiff forum. Annis you've sold out mate

Its now a Roathie forum

If he was pro tan he would have been banned many moons ago

Correct the forum is a farce again.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:40 pm

What a pile of drivel.

If I was a "millionaire" I wouldn't be spending most of my days on a rivals forum.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 pm

I think its bad we used to take over your town on a matchday, and you never once tried to reciprocate.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:57 pm

The marches don't really have any appeal. Walking down the street chanting songs isn't going to accomplish anything. Standing outside the ground and doing the same isn't going to make a difference. Protesting inside the ground, in front of the man will get his attention. At the end of the day it's the football i'm after. I'd much rather go out of my way to watch the club I support train than stand around like a muppet singing about colours.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Thats pretty incredible.

Now im going to pose a question and i know its not going to go down well, but i pride myself on not shying away from my thoughts so will indeed pose it to the forum.

I will ask though, could i get some genuine replies rather than insults, surely everybody by now knows hurling of abuse is pointless when it comes to me :D

Do you think its bad that more watched an end of season training session for Swansea on a non match day.... than turned up on the march to fight for your clubs heritage when all 27,000 attending fans were a mere hundreds of meters away?

im guessing the crowd were expecting a good trainning ground scrap.....thats the norm for your lot isnt it...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:39 pm

School holidays...end of. They'd have been lucky to get more than 5 on a school day.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

School holidays...end of. They'd have been lucky to get more than 5 on a school day.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
CF3Bluebird wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:Thats pretty incredible.

Now im going to pose a question and i know its not going to go down well, but i pride myself on not shying away from my thoughts so will indeed pose it to the forum.

I will ask though, could i get some genuine replies rather than insults, surely everybody by now knows hurling of abuse is pointless when it comes to me :D

Do you think its bad that more watched an end of season training session for Swansea on a non match day.... than turned up on the march to fight for your clubs heritage when all 27,000 attending fans were a mere hundreds of meters away?

Look at the league attendances fella, see where you lie and know what your are capable of - that is all!

:D we aren't talking about match day attendances or indeed potential attendances. You are another that either doesnt understand or is indeed trying to change the subject.

I am making the point that more people are interested in a Swansea training session that they are nowhere near than a march to return your heritage and blue when your whole match day fanbase was yards away.

My point being of course, as people cant seem to work it out, is that your fans put Tans cash ahead of your heritage in scarily large numbers.... Hence the amount that tuned up to show desire for blue was less than what we got at a training session - despite all 25,000 home fans being in spitting distance.

-NO more like we arnt talking about match day attendances cos your too embarrassed to acknowledge the fact your club has one of the worst, even Derby had more than you during their abismol 9pts league season. Stop hiding from this fact

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Its the school holidays!!!! Kids seeing their heroes for free is a far greater pull than our situation. Our situation is far from fun for a start!!! Plus its in Swansea......hardly the entertainment capital of the universe.
Comparing them is like comparing apples and pencils.
Here's a serious question for you......and no offence meant by it.........why on earth do you post on here all the time when you are a Jack?? I cant think of anything worse than posting on a Jacks forum. Most of your posts seem to be just to wind up the locals. You must like the attention!!! :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Mario wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
does it hurt you that more people turned up for our FA cup game against wigan than some of your europa league games?

if that was my club, in its first season in europe and our neighbors were getting more fans for an FA cup game against a div1 side i'd feel really let down by my fellow fans

No, attendances at football matches have never interested me. Certainly not enough to hurt me. :D

we dont have a large hardcore following, we haven't for as long as I remember so comparing to a club with historically bigger numbers is a bit futile really. Im under no illusions that if we are ever relegated then 25% of the current crowd will leave.

The Premier League is a bigger pull than the Europa League (which wasnt our first season in europe as you suggest by the way) and in a 60 game season people will prioritise, just the way it is. No reason to be hurt over it :laughing6:

Although if a madman came in turned us green, rid us of our swan and plunged us into £100m debt id be mortified if the majority of the match day crowd didn't to their upmost to fight for our club and not just bask in the fact we have Premier League status for what could be 1 season.

so a large chunk of swans fans would leave if you got relegated, but you'd be mortified if they didnt protest?

you haven't had anything like this happen to your club since your gates were about 3k (i know it doesnt interest you but it's relevant) i can garantee that if it happened to you now you would have a similar number of hardcore opponents protesting...hull have proved that this year.

p.s. congratulations on your record training attendence, i'll get in touch with ccfc to see if they can donate a good natured plaque to honor this occasion

Yep id say we would have 16,500 attendances if relegated so 3500 would go back to support liverpool or whatever. So 18% then.

So if we were relegated and that happened to us and we didnt at least get 9000-10,000 on a march held right next to the stadium on a match day then id be so disgusted with the fans id find it difficult to sit in the same stadium as them.

Thats a fact.

The thing is you haven't had ANY opposition to Tan. Its taken 2 years for a mere murmur and even that was strictly NOT anti tan. The only semblance of defiance was at Liverpool and that was for Mackay not the club.

That isn't a fact.

Yep, it is.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:00 pm

The Welsh Dragon wrote:What a pile of drivel.

If I was a "millionaire" I wouldn't be spending most of my days on a rivals forum.

Thank god you are not then, what would we do without your posts :D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Its the school holidays!!!! Kids seeing their heroes for free is a far greater pull than our situation. Our situation is far from fun for a start!!! Plus its in Swansea......hardly the entertainment capital of the universe.
Here's a serious question for you......and no offence meant by it.........why on earth do you post on here all the time when you are a Jack?? I cant think of anything worse than posting on a Jacks forum. Most of your posts seem to be just to wind up the locals. You must like the attention!!! :lol:

My point exactly.

As for why i post, i must answer that every day. Do some digging :thumbup:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Roath............have you got a girlfriend.?????? :?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluemellons wrote:Its the school holidays!!!! Kids seeing their heroes for free is a far greater pull than our situation. Our situation is far from fun for a start!!! Plus its in Swansea......hardly the entertainment capital of the universe.

My point exactly.

As for why i post, i must answer that every day. Do some digging :thumbup:

Still scrapping were they Hernandez and the rest of the Spanish against shelvey, michu's missus fooked off back to Spain(Bi polar my arse he's faining his injury when all the squad know he's fit) he don't wanna play for you any more, and finally deal done Ashley off with Brendan. Good luck next season you need a strong manager to sort that lot of shit out

Don't say that is all rumour :D :D :D :D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I'm a billionaire.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:26 pm

The Welsh Dragon wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I'm a billionaire.

Oh? :D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:44 pm

And yet again you lot bite , 4 pages ffs :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 pm

And yet again you lot bite , 4 pages ffs :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:51 pm

waddle wrote:And yet again you lot bite , 4 pages ffs :lol:

Another fact for you..

My two threads on the front page of this forum have had more views than turned up on their march to fight for their blue too. :shock:

Everyone loves a roathie thats for sure. Shame they dont feel the same about getting their colours back.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Another fact for you..

My two threads on the front page of this forum have had more views than turned up on their march to fight for their blue too. :shock:

Everyone loves a roathie thats for sure. Shame they dont feel the same about getting their colours back.

It's incredible how stupid the majority of posters on this board are

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

waddle wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Another fact for you..

Don't go gloating most of them are jacks

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 pm

waddle wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Another fact for you..

It never ceases to amaze me. The IQ difference between the two cardiff boards is stunning :mrgreen:

This forum is legendary.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Difference is we have a match with 25000 but lot's of people drive down to games..

People work in the morning on a Saturday and then make a quick dash for the game.

Some have kids who they take to games and the majority of them ain't going to join their parent for a march.

The march starts quite a fair way from the ground and people driving to the ground park near it and then would have to walk to Cardiff castle for the march.

Comparing two things like that is laughable and delusional.

So many things that supporters do which will enable some fans to attend the march and some not.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:14 am

Roathie is right!!

Why can't we drum up support for a widely advertised BLUE MARCH on a MATCH DAY!!!

I don't dare what Swaaaaaanseeeeee do on the training ground, but 5000 of their fans do. WHY?

Stop trying to score points and admit it: Swaaaaanseeeeeee have a proper fan base and we have a huge fane base of sleepers when it comes to actually doing something.

Shut up you moaning idiots who dispute figures.

Look at Ye league table. It isn't rocket science. We are struggling.

5000 at a training session?

Ok Tan, let's test it: you set up a public training session and see how many turn up.

BUNCH OF JOKERS!

Cardiff is blue and always will be. BLUEBIRDS!!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 am

cendl blue wrote:A good turn out but there is no relevance in the comparison. I went on the march but my kids didn't as their not season ticket holders and i wasn't going to leave them outside whilst I watched the game if this event was open for Cardiff on the easter holidays i would more than likely take them to it. Remember if people are suggesting to their missus that their thinking of taking their kids to watch a training session and meet the players or go on a protest march which one would they rather. It's not hard.

Cendl Roathie Is Mad

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:26 am

TomLlewellyn1927 wrote:
cendl blue wrote:A good turn out but there is no relevance in the comparison. I went on the march but my kids didn't as their not season ticket holders and i wasn't going to leave them outside whilst I watched the game if this event was open for Cardiff on the easter holidays i would more than likely take them to it. Remember if people are suggesting to their missus that their thinking of taking their kids to watch a training session and meet the players or go on a protest march which one would they rather. It's not hard.

Cendl Roathie Is Mad

A bit confused ro the Roathie equivalent and why I'd be mad to suggest taking my kids to a training session rather than a protest march