Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Letter to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer '

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 am

Columnist Laura writes an open letter to Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137773 :thumbup:

Dear Ole Gunnar Solskjaer,

You hold a very special place in my heart. I had just moved to Wales when you scored that goal against Bayern Munich in 1999 and I remember leaping up and down in my ground floor flat, screaming so loudly a passer-by asked through the open window if I was OK in there.

So when you came to Cardiff City in January, I believed you could do it again.

Having listened to my husband’s incredibly complicated calculations based on games in hand and other teams in the relegation zone losing or whatever because I lost interest two weeks ago, I believe the chances of survival in the Premier League rest on this weekend’s match against Sunderland.

Now I know you have a million things to deal with but I just wanted to tell you how much it will mean to us, just one family out of thousands who are Bluebirds.

First, we named our dog after you. He has a Cardiff City lead and when I take him to the vet I have to put up with people asking why we’ve spelled the puppy’s name wrong because surely it’s Ollie? It’s already embarrassing enough as it is but imagine how mortifying it’ll be when I’m on a dog walk and someone asks why he’s called Ole and you’ve already gone.

Second, my father-in-law was the Echo Cardiff City football correspondent many moons ago and I have to sit and listen to him banging on about how this season reminds him of the one when they went down in 1960-something or was it the ’50s? To be honest, it’s getting on my nerves.

Third, my son will probably end up supporting someone else if you go down. He’s only six so this is his first season that he will remember. He’s already suffering from the Bluebirds blues and has started to refuse to go to games because of the fear of losing. Don’t let him defect to a team he has no actual reason to follow.

Fourth, my husband has had enough pain over the years he’s been a Bluebird and he’ll be more miserable if Cardiff go down.

In summary, when you’re doing the team talk, please don’t forget us.

Do it for the dog. Do it for my father-in-law. Do it for a little boy. Do it for a grumpy husband. And do it for a 39-year-old woman who really needs a couple of hours to herself every other Saturday.

Takk (see, I even Googled thank you in Norwegian),

Laura Kemp

Re: ' Letter to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer '

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 am

Cringe alert.

Is it me or is there an element of glory supporting going on :shock:

Good on that person for writing in though :thumbup:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 am

What a twattish article from an annoying plastic.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:57 am

Latest News wrote:Columnist Laura writes an open letter to Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137773 :thumbup:

Dear Ole Gunnar Solskjaer,

You hold a very special place in my heart. I had just moved to Wales when you scored that goal against Bayern Munich in 1999 and I remember leaping up and down in my ground floor flat, screaming so loudly a passer-by asked through the open window if I was OK in there.

So when you came to Cardiff City in January, I believed you could do it again.

Having listened to my husband’s incredibly complicated calculations based on games in hand and other teams in the relegation zone losing or whatever because I lost interest two weeks ago, I believe the chances of survival in the Premier League rest on this weekend’s match against Sunderland.

Now I know you have a million things to deal with but I just wanted to tell you how much it will mean to us, just one family out of thousands who are Bluebirds.

First, we named our dog after you. He has a Cardiff City lead and when I take him to the vet I have to put up with people asking why we’ve spelled the puppy’s name wrong because surely it’s Ollie? It’s already embarrassing enough as it is but imagine how mortifying it’ll be when I’m on a dog walk and someone asks why he’s called Ole and you’ve already gone.

Second, my father-in-law was the Echo Cardiff City football correspondent many moons ago and I have to sit and listen to him banging on about how this season reminds him of the one when they went down in 1960-something or was it the ’50s? To be honest, it’s getting on my nerves.

Third, my son will probably end up supporting someone else if you go down. He’s only six so this is his first season that he will remember. He’s already suffering from the Bluebirds blues and has started to refuse to go to games because of the fear of losing. Don’t let him defect to a team he has no actual reason to follow.

Fourth, my husband has had enough pain over the years he’s been a Bluebird and he’ll be more miserable if Cardiff go down.

In summary, when you’re doing the team talk, please don’t forget us.

Do it for the dog. Do it for my father-in-law. Do it for a little boy. Do it for a grumpy husband. And do it for a 39-year-old woman who really needs a couple of hours to herself every other Saturday.

Takk (see, I even Googled thank you in Norwegian),

Laura Kemp

Nice one. We all hope for more magisk from Ole :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:What a twattish article from an annoying plastic.

"Plastic", thats a laugh how many games do you get to from Brisbane then ?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Her son will only support another team if she lets him.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Plastic twats

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Total embarrassment

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:03 pm

What is, and will allways be embarrassing is that people are not allowed to support the way they see fit.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Let's go one better. Let's get OGS to bring the family into the dressing room pre-match to 'gee-up' professional footballers, who earn thousands of pounds to do for a living what the rest of us only dream about.

That'll do it.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm

f*cking hell what a family of plastics.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:25 pm

This has to be a joke :laughing5:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Zenga wrote:What is, and will allways be embarrassing is that people are not allowed to support the way they see fit.

:thumbup: Fans talking down other fans are embarrassing and make the club look bad. :old:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:09 am

reverendjames wrote:

Shut it.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:21 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
reverendjames wrote:

Shut it.

Why is he a Plastic because he lives in Brisbane? What a joke, he lives abroad and is not a fan just when we are doing well. There is a difference and if you cant see it then you must be really thick.
Ive been living in Germany for 18 years so im a plactic too am I?
Just gets better and better here, really.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
reverendjames wrote:

Shut it.

To much Fosters made you a brave keyboard warrior has it try shagging a Kangaroo :wave:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:07 pm

CardiffWOBer wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:
reverendjames wrote:

Shut it.

Why is he a Plastic because he lives in Brisbane? What a joke, he lives abroad and is not a fan just when we are doing well. There is a difference and if you cant see it then you must be really thick.
Ive been living in Germany for 18 years so im a plactic too am I?
Just gets better and better here, really.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Obviously you have lost your grip on the English language if you read what I put the word plastic is in inverted comas to highlight it with a coma after it and I am commenting on how he can slag anyone off for being a plastic when he lives in Brisbane, so I think you should look at how thick you are. I wasnt classing him as a plastic and I dont class you as one as I dont subscribe to this childish attitude of calling people "plastics" just because they havn't supported the club through thick and thin.

Perhaps if the non-plastics were the only ones to attend games then I'm sure the club would survive well on gates of 4,000/5,000 just like the "good old days" when the good old Soul Crew used to go around kicking f**k out of anyone they wanted to and dragging the club's reputation through the shit. Someone who pays their money has just as much right to be at a game no matter how long they have been going.

Oh and actually it gets worse and worse here with the shite that some people write. :wave:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:53 am

I'm not a keyboard warrior. I told you to shut it. I'd happily say it to your face. You'd probably recognise me if you've been going down the City for a while.

In between questioning people's intelligence to cover your lack of it you totally missed my point.

I called her a plastic because she was banging on about supporting Manchester United on the television.

They don't serve Fosters in Australia. Strewth.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:59 am

What a load of shite. That son should be told he's not bloody supporting anyone else, he's burdened with this misery of Cardiff City like the rest of us. :laughing6: