A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER "

Postby carlccfc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 am

Weds April 23rd 2014

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121450

CARDIFF CITY

Shoot.co.uk

Beat Sunderland on Sunday.

For a side that has enjoyed such little previous major success since its existence, recent times on the field have provided countless memories for Cardiff City supporters.

Promotion to the Premier League 12 months ago topped off a five-year-spell which saw the Bluebirds reach three different showpiece finals at Wembley, including a League Cup and FA Cup run which many rank among their finest moments of following the Welsh club.

Now, in the words of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at least, Cardiff face another cup final – only this time it’s three points at stake, rather than a trophy.

Premier League survival and the £40m windfall with which it brings is the reward for the winner at the Stadium of Light on Sunday lunchtime. Victory doesn’t guarantee City will stay up as such, but with just three games remaining following the clash, it will almost certainly make one of the three relegation spots all-but redundant at the Black Cats’ expense.

The problem facing Solskjaer is the recent success rate in so called ‘must-win games’ so far this season. Since the 2-0 defeat at home to West Ham United in January – the Norwegian’s first league game in charge –

Cardiff have failed to overcome Aston Villa, Hull City, Crystal Palace and Stoke City in the Welsh capital.

If Cardiff are to come away from the North East with a positive result this weekend, then it is imperative that Solskjaer sets out his team in the right manner from the start. After three months at the helm and 17 games, the former Molde manager finally stuck with an unchanged side for the visit of Stoke last weekend.

The great irony of this, of course, is that just two changes were made to the side which picked up a point in the 1-1 draw to the one put together by former boss Malky Mackay. Manchester United recruit Fabio da Silva – who actually put in a performance which resembled that of a professional footballer at long last in his more familiar left-back position – and Norwegian starlet Mats Moller Daehli were the two new faces to a strikingly familiar looking XI.

The debate regarding whether the club made the correct choice in replacing Mackay at the end of last year will continue to rumble on, but surely ripping apart the team week by week, just to essentially settle with the same side with which was left behind, makes the whole decision redundant?

Of course, if Solskjaer can keep the Bluebirds up then none of this will matter. The task is simple: Beat Sunderland on Sunday, take at least a point from St James’ Park the following weekend and hope for the best elsewhere.

Updated Rivals
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137773 :thumbup:

Norwich are not out of it yet, as many will have you believe. A trip to managerless Manchester United on Saturday no longer seems a straight-forward defeat for Neil Adams’ side, while a home clash against Arsenal on the final day also offers an opportunity to pick up some points should the Gunners have fourth-place wrapped up.

Fulham, too, take on a sliding Hull side at Craven Cottage next, and round-off their season with games against Stoke and Palace.

What is for certain is that we are set for another huge weekend of Premier League action as the season edges closer to its climax. Nothing will be officially decided this weekend, but Cardiff “will prepare as if it’s the last game [they] will ever play,” in the words of Solskjaer.

Cardiff have had bad experiences in recent cup finals, but this is one game that simply can’t be lost.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

" TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 am

An excellent read on City :thumbup:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby d20 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am

funny thing is we could actually win one more game and be safe ,as long as fulham, norwich and sunderland don't get any more points !!...so its not all over !! :thumbup:
d20

Postby Gavin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:58 am

We have failed to win 'must win home games' and we look to 'must win away games' I fear even 3 points Sunday maybe too little too late.

Most teams have a small run of good form in a season, lets hope our's has just started.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby CF3Bluebird » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 am

The optimism seems to be growing which slightly concerns me, we always get let down especially at home at Carl says! But i am definitely I'm glad we are playing away in the next 2, especially after what we did in the FA CUP in the North east etc..

I do get the impression teams no longer fear coming to Cardiff, which is a real shame, that was always our strongest asset, not billionaire owners, foreign managers or million pound flops! It was and should be, all about THE Atmosphere & The Fans!

Still, if we are still in with a shout come 3pm on last game and needing points against Chelsea at home, I'd take that situation right now. Stay Positive fellas, there's gunna be twists and turns yet, 6 pts either way they come in next 3 would be a really top shift by the boys and probably just enough :bluescarf:
CF3Bluebird

Postby CF64 BLUE » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 am

I'll be glad that after Sunday there'll be no more must win games as relegation will then be signed sealed and delivered for us.
Too many times this season "must win" games have come and gone and we've all held our breath and hoped for the elusive win just to be disappointed time and again.
We will lose Sunday and be on our way down..Sunderland will then avoid the drop.
CF64 BLUE

Postby Meatloaf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:I'll be glad that after Sunday there'll be no more must win games as relegation will then be signed sealed and delivered for us.
Too many times this season "must win" games have come and gone and we've all held our breath and hoped for the elusive win just to be disappointed time and again.
We will lose Sunday and be on our way down..Sunderland will then avoid the drop.

You are a happy chap :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Meatloaf

Postby Ray Bishop » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 am

CF3Bluebird wrote:The optimism seems to be growing which slightly concerns me, we always get let down especially at home at Carl says! But i am definitely I'm glad we are playing away in the next 2, especially after what we did in the FA CUP in the North east etc..

I do get the impression teams no longer fear coming to Cardiff, which is a real shame, that was always our strongest asset, not billionaire owners, foreign managers or million pound flops! It was and should be, all about THE Atmosphere & The Fans!

Still, if we are still in with a shout come 3pm on last game and needing points against Chelsea at home, I'd take that situation right now. Stay Positive fellas, there's gunna be twists and turns yet, 6 pts either way they come in next 3 would be a really top shift by the boys and probably just enough :bluescarf:

Well said! :ayatollah:
Ray Bishop

Postby Ray Bishop » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:37 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:I'll be glad that after Sunday there'll be no more must win games as relegation will then be signed sealed and delivered for us.

Fair play, you seem a right barrel of laughs. What's wrong with a bit of optimism? If everyone had your outlook we'd all be topping ourselves. Yes, there's a good chance we'll lose, but even if that happens there's still hope. I ain't gonna give up believing till it's mathematically impossible to stay up, I'm probably deluding myself, but there's still hope. :ayatollah:
Ray Bishop

Postby harley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:37 am

Yes, we've failed miserably with too many 'must win' games.

We don't press any more. We don't tackle. We don't fight.

Ole comes over as such a nice guy, and his team has (most of the time) been a walkover.

Still hoping for better on Sunday...
harley

Postby Pant-yr-awel bluebird » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:56 am

carlccfc wrote:Weds April 23rd 2014

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121450

CARDIFF CITY

Shoot.co.uk

Beat Sunderland on Sunday.

For a side that has enjoyed such little previous major success since its existence, recent times on the field have provided countless memories for Cardiff City supporters.

Promotion to the Premier League 12 months ago topped off a five-year-spell which saw the Bluebirds reach three different showpiece finals at Wembley, including a League Cup and FA Cup run which many rank among their finest moments of following the Welsh club.

Now, in the words of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at least, Cardiff face another cup final – only this time it’s three points at stake, rather than a trophy.

Premier League survival and the £40m windfall with which it brings is the reward for the winner at the Stadium of Light on Sunday lunchtime. Victory doesn’t guarantee City will stay up as such, but with just three games remaining following the clash, it will almost certainly make one of the three relegation spots all-but redundant at the Black Cats’ expense.

The problem facing Solskjaer is the recent success rate in so called ‘must-win games’ so far this season. Since the 2-0 defeat at home to West Ham United in January – the Norwegian’s first league game in charge –

Cardiff have failed to overcome Aston Villa, Hull City, Crystal Palace and Stoke City in the Welsh capital.

If Cardiff are to come away from the North East with a positive result this weekend, then it is imperative that Solskjaer sets out his team in the right manner from the start. After three months at the helm and 17 games, the former Molde manager finally stuck with an unchanged side for the visit of Stoke last weekend.

The great irony of this, of course, is that just two changes were made to the side which picked up a point in the 1-1 draw to the one put together by former boss Malky Mackay. Manchester United recruit Fabio da Silva – who actually put in a performance which resembled that of a professional footballer at long last in his more familiar left-back position – and Norwegian starlet Mats Moller Daehli were the two new faces to a strikingly familiar looking XI.

The debate regarding whether the club made the correct choice in replacing Mackay at the end of last year will continue to rumble on, but surely ripping apart the team week by week, just to essentially settle with the same side with which was left behind, makes the whole decision redundant?

Of course, if Solskjaer can keep the Bluebirds up then none of this will matter. The task is simple: Beat Sunderland on Sunday, take at least a point from St James’ Park the following weekend and hope for the best elsewhere.

Updated Rivals
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137773 :thumbup:

Norwich are not out of it yet, as many will have you believe. A trip to managerless Manchester United on Saturday no longer seems a straight-forward defeat for Neil Adams’ side, while a home clash against Arsenal on the final day also offers an opportunity to pick up some points should the Gunners have fourth-place wrapped up.

Fulham, too, take on a sliding Hull side at Craven Cottage next, and round-off their season with games against Stoke and Palace.

What is for certain is that we are set for another huge weekend of Premier League action as the season edges closer to its climax. Nothing will be officially decided this weekend, but Cardiff “will prepare as if it’s the last game [they] will ever play,” in the words of Solskjaer.

Cardiff have had bad experiences in recent cup finals, but this is one game that simply can’t be lost.

The only thing burnt into my memory of this season is those shit red shirts.And the tw*t that is Vincent Tan.After supporting city since 1960;that has got to be sad.
Pant-yr-awel bluebird

Postby CenterOf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:40 pm

So if you interoperate the rhetoric in the article, which contains false facts and no real hindsight in neither material or (as usual)
future vision (4 players where changed Carl), i guess this is the annual weekly set up to slate and vote the manager out if we loose thread. It really is all down to the players to do the job they are asked.
CenterOf

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Its true what polo is saying though. We have been looking forward to games, saying must win against teams like palace (H), west brom (a), Hull (h) Villa (h).
CardiffBatman888

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:10 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Its true what polo is saying though. We have been looking forward to games, saying must win against teams like palace (H), west brom (a), Hull (h) Villa (h).

shows how uneducated we are as fans then doesnt it, because we didnt win any of those games, but are still in there with a shout of staying up.
paulh_85

Postby CF64 BLUE » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I'm a glass half full guy tbh (after following the City for close on 50 years how could I be anything else?) but a bit of realism is what I've posted.
Can't see us winning at Sunderland and tbh can't see a draw being enough.
Sunderland are showing some real character and fight to preserve their place at the top table and have really put Chelsea's and Man City's noses out of joint recently, drawing with Man City and beating Chelsea isn't then gonna be followed by the anti climax of a home defeat to the City..they've shown what they are capable of and will not let those great results be deemed pointless by then blowing all the hard work by losing to us.
Obviously I want us to go there and do the business on them but they're on a roll which I believe will continue.
CF64 BLUE

Postby carlccfc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm

CenterOf wrote:So if you interoperate the rhetoric in the article, which contains false facts and no real hindsight in neither material or (as usual)
future vision (4 players where changed Carl), i guess this is the annual weekly set up to slate and vote the manager out if we loose thread. It really is all down to the players to do the job they are asked.

Good effort but read it again, I did not wrote the article and I clearly posted where the writing originated from and that is shoot.co.uk.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Postby NJ73 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CenterOf wrote:So if you interoperate the rhetoric in the article, which contains false facts and no real hindsight in neither material or (as usual)

Good effort but read it again, I did not wrote the article and I clearly posted where the writing originated from and that is shoot.co.uk.

If all articles were offered the respect that yours is given by this site by just posting the link to the original source rather than plagiarising them by copying and pasting, then there would be no confusion.
Swansea City: The pride of Wales
NJ73

Return to General Chat