Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last day of the season...

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Imagine the scenario.

Last day of the season and Cardiff need to win to stay up and hope other results go a certain way. If Fulham get 3 points then they are safe and Cardiff are relegated.

Then you remember Fulham play Palace. Then you see the Palace team sheet.
Code:
                    David Gregory
Alex Wynter - Quade Taylor - Ryan Innis - Jerome Williams
             Hiram Boateng - Ghassimu Sow
     Jake Grey  -  Sullay Kai Kai  -  Reise Allassani
                    Kyle De Silva

What's the first thought that goes through your head and do you wish that Vinnie Tan and OGS had just kept their mouth shut???

Re: Last day of the season...

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 pm

deadmist wrote:Imagine the scenario.

Last day of the season and Cardiff need to win to stay up and hope other results go a certain way. If Fulham get 3 points then they are safe and Cardiff are relegated.

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

What's the first thought that goes through your head and do you wish that Vinnie Tan and OGS had just kept their mouth shut???

Isn't there a rule that you are not allowed to play second string teams in the premier league ?
I'm sure blackpool got fined a few years ago for doing it ?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

Isn't there a rule that you are not allowed to play second string teams in the premier league ?

Yes you get fined but would they care?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Super Kev wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

Yes you get fined but would they care?

I'd imagine they'd get a bit of a stricter punishment as it's such an important stage of the season in a match they'd be expected to win.

Blackpool just played a weaker team against Man U or someone like that.

Can't see it happening though. Pulis wants us to stay up and I bet he'd still do his best for us even with the recent unpleasantness.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm

For starters I doubt the majority of those players are in their 25 man squad. I think the law has been cleared up on that, it was Wolves who fielded a weakened team against United I believe. Basically you can play any combination of your 25 man squad that is selected at the end of both transfer windows.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah I'm not sure how much Palace will care... I imagine they're feeling quite disgruntled right now after having to defend themselves against trumped up pointless allegations... if they're sitting nice and comfy in 11th or 12th place the extra prize money will more than outweigh any potential fine.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

I don't think Pullis would do that, I fear Swansea would though, they play Sunderland .........

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

I don't think Pullis would do that, I fear Swansea would though, they play Sunderland .........

Swansea definitely will with Monk in charge :(

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Code:
                    David Gregory
                    Kyle De Silva

Been wishing that f*cking idiot clown of our owner would f**k up all season nevermind spy gate

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:For starters I doubt the majority of those players are in their 25 man squad. I think the law has been cleared up on that, it was Wolves who fielded a weakened team against United I believe. Basically you can play any combination of your 25 man squad that is selected at the end of both transfer windows.

Besides the 25 man squad they could call on all their youth players, if they wanted too