Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Spy scandal " investigation starts Wednesday

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Tuesday 22nd April 2014.

Cardiff City to give their side of argument first in 'spy scandal' storm with Crystal Palace.

Iain Moody, previously at Cardiff but now working for Palace, is accused by Welsh club of obtaining sensitive team information before game between the two sides

The Premier League will open their investigation into the ‘spy scandal’ on Wednesday, with Cardiff City due to give evidence against Crystal Palace.

Cardiff have accused their former head of recruitment, Iain Moody, who now works as Palace’s director of football, of obtaining sensitive team information before the game between the two clubs earlier this month.

The Welsh club allege that Moody contacted at least two members of the Cardiff staff to find out the starting XI for the game, which Palace won 3-0, and have made an official complaint.

Cardiff have compiled a detailed dossier of their leak allegations and will present it to the Premier League’s lawyers on Wednesday, with Palace expected to meet officials the following day.

The Premier League intends to gather all available evidence before the weekend and will then make a decision on whether to proceed with possible action against Palace.

Moody and Palace have strenuously denied the claims and are convinced Cardiff’s allegations are a personal vendetta against Moody, who was dismissed by the club in October.

Palace are also frustrated that the row has cast a shadow over their achievement in securing Premier League survival, while Cardiff are still in grave danger of returning to the Championship .

Tony Pulis, the Palace manager, admitted Cardiff’s allegations were “disappointing” and stressed that his team selection for the game was not influenced by an alleged leak.

Cardiff have also launched an internal investigation, with one of the club’s analysts dismissed for gross misconduct this month though sources insist it was not related to their grievances with Palace.

Re: " Spy scandal " investigation starts Wednesday

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:13 pm

I suspect it will all mysteriously fade away.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Slap on the wrist for Palace at best. Pulis is one of the PL's darlings at the moment.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Not bothered what punishment, if any Palace get. We did the right thing and thats all that matters.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:31 pm

[quote]Cardiff have also launched an internal investigation, with one of the club’s analysts dismissed for gross misconduct this month though sources insist it was not related to their grievances with Palace./quote]

What is this about then?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 pm

CenterOf wrote:
Cardiff have also launched an internal investigation, with one of the club’s analysts dismissed for gross misconduct this month though sources insist it was not related to their grievances with Palace./quote]

What is this about then?

Just more smoke and mirrors mate, no need to ask who authorised it though. :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Grumpyguts wrote:
CenterOf wrote:
Cardiff have also launched an internal investigation, with one of the club’s analysts dismissed for gross misconduct this month though sources insist it was not related to their grievances with Palace./quote]

What is this about then?

Just more smoke and mirrors mate, no need to ask who authorised it though. :bluescarf:

If they have a case then i'll take the side of my club f**k everyone else

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Moody and Palace have strenuously denied the claims and are convinced Cardiff’s allegations are a personal vendetta against Moody, who was dismissed by the club in October.

Well that for one should be easy to sort out if Cardiff have proof like they claim they do then palace or moody can't deny it.

If they had for example a screenshot of a txt (or someone's phone with the exchange of messages) with Moody's number in this would back up claims made

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Is anything gonna happen with the aston villa spy scandal

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:48 pm

just makes us a laughing stock ,, again, pathetic we lost , our manager couldnt change our formation, if it was a problem they new our starting formation :roll:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 pm

ninianblue wrote:just makes us a laughing stock ,, again, pathetic we lost , our manager couldnt change our formation, if it was a problem they new our starting formation :roll:

How stupid

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:14 am

ninianblue wrote:just makes us a laughing stock ,, again, pathetic we lost , our manager couldnt change our formation, if it was a problem they new our starting formation :roll:

pathetic.
If cardiff have proof that they think will help them then surely you should back your club?. Ole has been on tv saying they dont want palace to have points deducted as its not about that but you and a few others choose to ignore that but believe some other crap made up about wanting points deducted.
Theres a possibility of a few people breaking the rules within our club and possibly palace and i for one want them punished if found guilty.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 am

Jinks wrote:

pathetic.
If cardiff have proof that they think will help them then surely you should back your club?. Ole has been on tv saying they dont want palace to have points deducted as its not about that but you and a few others choose to ignore that but believe some other crap made up about wanting points deducted.
Theres a possibility of a few people breaking the rules within our club and possibly palace and i for one want them punished if found guilty.

I agree totally with Jinks on this.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

The rules, to the best of my knowledge, state that all Premiership clubs have to proceed in an ethical manner at all material times.

What concerns me here is that if Palace are guilty then so are we. Palace have obtained information in an unethical manner and a former employee of our club has allegedly unethically provided that information to Palace.

I will always take the side of the club I have supported since the early 70s however sometimes it is best to take an impartial view and not view matters through rose tinted glasses.

We are not doing ourselves any favours here. I was photographing the Bolton-v-Leicester game the other night and when I was collecting my accreditation there were 2 Stoke City Scouts in front of me who were openly talking about us (obviously didnt know I was originally from Cardiff)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Doesn't matter about the outcome, it should be investigated to stop it from happening in the future, s'only fair. That said 3 points from this would be beautiful for us, but it doesn't mean by any definition that we deserve them I guess.