Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ' SUNDERLAND V CARDIFF C " MATCH THREAD

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Wow i just had an epiphany :ole: been thinking about those difficult tactical choises for sunday, and i believe there will be two changes in the line up. Bellers will come on for Kim and we will get a debut striker on pitch :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:09 pm

LongBall wrote:Wow i just had an epiphany :ole: been thinking about those difficult tactical choises for sunday, and i believe there will be two changes in the line up. Bellers will come on for Kim and we will get a debut striker on pitch :ayatollah:

Debut striker?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:11 pm

welshman90 wrote:
LongBall wrote:Wow i just had an epiphany :ole: been thinking about those difficult tactical choises for sunday, and i believe there will be two changes in the line up. Bellers will come on for Kim and we will get a debut striker on pitch :ayatollah:

Debut striker?

My bad! He played a couple of minutes against Hull.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:18 pm

LongBall wrote:
welshman90 wrote:

Debut striker?

Berget then? He made his debut v Wigan in the Cup. Although I expect him to be on the bench as he wasn't involved with the DVP games yesterday.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Super Kev wrote:
LongBall wrote:
welshman90 wrote:

Debut striker?

Berget then? He made his debut v Wigan in the Cup. Although I expect him to be on the bench as he wasn't involved with the DVP games yesterday.

Yes, i noticed that to. Dont get me wrong, Cambell have been working his ass off lately, but not done well the last two matches.
Daelhi have been great and they know each other well and might connect better, and Berget is a bit like Cambell aint he?
Anyways, looking at some stats and videos just seem like a good idea to move Daelhi on the right, Bellers left and Berget on top.
Really dont know what to expect from Sunderland in this game, they are a strange team :?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Berget could be exciting, he has been involved in a lot if not all of the chances created at DVP level that I've seen. Though I only saw two games :P

Always_be_blue wrote:When did eirkem make a awesome split defending pass for an assist? It was a corner at man city for his assist to Campbell. And u said other people don't watch the games lol

I didn't say that. Read it again. 1 assist AND a defence splitting pass upfield -> etc. Just underlining that he creates chances, as shown in the stats.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

God I miss Noone.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:03 am

Cardiff's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Craig Bellamy's return will give us a huge boost
OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER is desperate for veteran striker Craig Bellamy to come back and boost Cardiff for their make-or-break clash at Sunderland.

Bellamy, 34, has not started in almost a month after struggling with a virus.

But the former Newcastle star is fighting to face the Black Cats in Sunday's massive relegation scrap.

Solskjaer said: "Craig is hugely important for us with everything he does on and off the pitch.

"He has been very low on energy after the virus but we hope he has fully recovered and can be part of things again. We need his experience."

Cardiff are currently two points adrift of safety with just three games to play, with matches against Newcastle and Chelsea after this weekend.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... huge-boost

Re: ' MATCH THREAD: Sunderland v Cardiff City. '

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
CF3Bluebird wrote:Think we are stronger, only concern is Fabio starting against Adam Johnson, hes a live wire rather have a stalwart at back who purely defends and dosnt lose the ball or push forward, super Kev springs to mind. hes got pace and a much better workrate for this.

Fabio is playing well at the moment needs to be in the team from the start

hope your both correct really do, but imo tactics need to be spot on and johnson is their biggest threat alongside wickham at the mo, but caulker is more than capable to minding him.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:05 am

- Connor Wickham has scored three goals in his last two PL appearances after netting just one in his first 37.
- The Bluebirds are the only team yet to concede an own goal in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland, in contrast, have conceded more than any other side in 2013-14 (6).
- Sunderland have scored as many goals in the past two Premier League games (4) as in their previous eight outings.
- Cardiff City are the only team in Premier League history (46 teams in total) never to receive a red card.
- Sunderland have failed to score in five of their last eight Premier League home games.
- Sunderland have taken only eight points from 15 games against teams currently in the bottom half of the table, 10 fewer than any other side. They have scored just one goal in six home games against the teams currently in the bottom half.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 am

Gus Poyet: 'Sunderland halfway to miracle'

By Shane Callaghan, Reporter
Last Updated: Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 11:05 UK
Gus Poyet has said that his Sunderland team are halfway toward completing the "miracle" of staying in the Premier League.

The bottom-placed Black Cats have found some form at just the right time, as Poyet's men followed up their 2-2 draw with Manchester City by beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last weekend.

With the North-East outfit three points adrift of safety with a game in hand over their relegation rivals, the Uruguayan coach says that a miraculous escape from the drop zone is very much on the cards.

Speaking to reporters ahead of Sunday's six-pointer with Cardiff City at the Stadium of Light, he said: "It's been a good week, yes, it's true.

"[The players] are human beings, normal people who were very down because of the situation, and then in four days, everything changed.

"Now the idea is, with all respect, we have done something very special, but let's say half of the miracle. The other half, we still need to make."

Sunday's clash is scheduled to kick off at 12pm.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:41 pm

LongBall wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
LongBall wrote:
welshman90 wrote:

Debut striker?

Yes, i noticed that to. Dont get me wrong, Cambell have been working his ass off lately, but not done well the last two matches.
Daelhi have been great and they know each other well and might connect better, and Berget is a bit like Cambell aint he?
Anyways, looking at some stats and videos just seem like a good idea to move Daelhi on the right, Bellers left and Berget on top.
Really dont know what to expect from Sunderland in this game, they are a strange team :?

Id be surprised if OGS breaks up the Fabio/Daehli partnership on the left side. They link up really well and was by far our most potent threat in attack vs Stoke. If you wanna move Daehli somewhere play him in the hole, his best position. I reckon bellamy will start though, Kim will make way for him. Imo.

Re: UPDATED' LATEST NEWS ' SUNDERLAND V CARDIFF C " MATCH TH

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:00 pm

I am so so nervous now. This is it tomorrow, if Norwich lose tonight, our fate is in our hands to stay up. I'm gonna be sick I swear!

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:43 pm

If you lose tomorrow then I'll never post on here ever again.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 am

I'm scared.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 am

Mario wrote:I'm scared.

Me too, man. Me too.

Re: MATCH THREAD ' SUNDERLAND V CARDIFF C "

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:44 am

30 miles to go :ayatollah:

Re: MATCH THREAD ' SUNDERLAND V CARDIFF C " MATCH THREAD

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 am

I've got my beers ready for the match so the Sunday roast will be cooked later than usual today. I've prayed to the footballing gods for the right result. :bluescarf:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=253563&part=sports

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:12 am

Slightly shitting it now

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:24 am

Massive game hard to call it its a cup final that we really must win.
City 2 - 1 just hope I'm bloody right

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 am

blue lagoon wrote:Marshall
Ktc
Caulker
Fabio
Cowie
Medal
Whitts
Mutch
Matts
Cambell

Love your confidence in only playing ten men :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 am

01 Marshall
28 Théophile-Catherine
35 Fabio
08 Medel
04 Caulker
27 Torres Ruiz
19 Cowie
18 Mutch
10 Campbell
07 Whittingham
29 Daehli

Substitutes
06 Turner
09 Jones
15 Wolff Eikrem
32 Lewis
36 Zaha
39 Bellamy
42 John

Hmmm, not sure about Cowie starting, rest looks good though!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 am

Liles93 wrote:01 Marshall
28 Théophile-Catherine
35 Fabio
08 Medel
04 Caulker
27 Torres Ruiz
19 Cowie
18 Mutch
10 Campbell
07 Whittingham
29 Daehli

Substitutes
06 Turner
09 Jones
15 Wolff Eikrem
32 Lewis
36 Zaha
39 Bellamy
42 John

Hmmm, not sure about Cowie starting, rest looks good though!

Why on earth is cowie playing :roll: no pace for this division and has only a development game behind him in the last month.
Hopefully he will prove me wrong and score the winner

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 am

El capitano caulker is going to get the boys well up for it.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:05 am

Come on the mackems, i'llwin over a grand :D

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 am

ncfc1 wrote:Come on the mackems, i'llwin over a grand :D

Will be able to buy your council house then. :thumbup:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:21 am

All I can hear on the stream is Cardiff fans, good on you lads!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:21 am

Brown made contact with Campbell in the box another penalty denied! :shock:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:23 am

Catermole smashes into Mutch bad challenge gets away with it! :o

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:24 am

lyndipops wrote:Brown made contact with Campbell in the box another penalty denied! :shock:

Would have been very harsh if given