Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MATCH THREAD ' SUNDERLAND V CARDIFF C " MATCH THREAD

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: see you sell-outs :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:59 pm

ncfc1 wrote::wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: see you sell-outs :lol: :lol:

We'll never see you on the pitch. Speaking of sell outs, have you ever seen one at your cow field? :lol:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Sunderland vs. Cardiff City: Final score 4-0, Bluebirds on the bottom

Welcome to 20th place, Cardiff. And welcome to safety, Sunderland!

The relegation race is still tight enough that any of the bottom four teams could stay up and any of them could go down, but there are new favorites for 17th and last places. Sunderland demolished Cardiff City on Sunday, taking an early lead before drawing a red card late in the second half before going on to a 4-0 victory.

Conor Wickham, who has enjoyed a stunning career resurgence over the last month, scored what would eventually stand as the winner in the 26th minute. Off a corner by Sebastian Larsson, he rose to meet a ball at the back post and directed an extremely well-placed header into the top corner to put his side ahead.

Just before halftime, Cardiff buried themselves in bizarre fashion. Juan Cala was caught tugging on the shirt of Wickham while the Sunderland striker was one-on-one with David Marshall, but it took at least five seconds for the referee to point to the spot and send Cala off. He played an extremely long advantage and didn't blow the whistle until a bad angle shot by Wickham was cleared off the line. Once the penalty was given, Fabio Borini stepped up and buried it.

With 10 men, two goals down, Cardiff never had a chance to get back into the match. They generated a handful of decent half chances early in the second half and hung with Sunderland for a while, but the Black Cats put the match away for good when Borini assisted Emanuele Giaccherini for a 76th minute goal from 12 yards out. Giaccherini turned provider 10 minutes later, setting up Wickham's second to complete the rout.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/4/2 ... ore-result?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:How's Bellamy doing ?

About to come on

35K a week played 19 games out of a possible 34 and he is supposed to be one of the top players ate the club, must be more interested in his new nightclub project in the City centre, i'll eat my f**king own a**e if he is still with us next year in the championship. :wave:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
oatcakejamie wrote:Bye bye cardiff :wave: you wont be missed :ayatollah:

See you soon :wave:

:lol: okay mate

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

About to come on

35K a week played 19 games out of a possible 34 and he is supposed to be one of the top players ate the club, must be more interested in his new nightclub project in the City centre, i'll eat my f**king own a**e if he is still with us next year in the championship. :wave:

One of many to go no doubt. We should have the nucleus of a top side next season so I'm looking forward to what happens in the summer.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

About to come on

One of many to go no doubt. We should have the nucleus of a top side next season so I'm looking forward to what happens in the summer.

Same we can clear out the majority of dead wood and we will also get players back form loan who are good enough to get a chance

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 pm

oatcakejamie wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
oatcakejamie wrote:Bye bye cardiff :wave: you wont be missed :ayatollah:

See you soon :wave:

:lol: okay mate

Wind your neck in feller . we got beat and we are relegated learn to live with it :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

About to come on

Same we can clear out the majority of dead wood and we will also get players back form loan who are good enough to get a chance

I agree :thumbup:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Balesboot wrote:Having just come back from a drive in my DeLorean, I feel I have a duty to inform you that Cardiff City finish mid table in the championship next season, playing in red shirts with VT still in charge.

Swansea City though finish in the top five of the PREMIERSHIP.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Are you buying a red shirt? Boring. Jack. c**t. :wave: