Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bristol Rovers

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Bruce Bannister and Alan Warboys or 'smash and grab' as they were known at BRFC. Warboys an ex Cardiff player too.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Jules wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:The Gas are in serious danger of going into the Conference, (or whatever it's called these days). Division five, in reality.

Those of us of a certain age will still regard the Bristol clubs as our main rivals. Time has moved on, I know, and the youff are obsessed with the JBs. Whatever!

Must admit, I've got a soft spot for the Gasheads. Really hope that they can avoid the drop. Some of my fondest footballing memories are of going to Eastville to support CCFC. Stapleton Road, and all that.

Best of luck to Bristol Rovers.

with you on this mate. for me the best derby of the lot.
Eastville now Ikea ffs. Memorial Ground not as good.[/quot

Is the one floodlight still standing worked down that way about ten years ago sure one of them was still there?

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:41 pm

I was there that night when tony Evans got four goals awesome night that was city filled the open end it was a brilliant game the gas bricked our train as well hope they stay up would love them to get further up the leagues on there day there support is as good as anyone's

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Vital 3 points at Wycombe today which will keep them safe hopefully, one more game left.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Talk about a love in :oops:

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Who ever would have thought us Gasheads would be getting so many compliments from our 'friends' across the Severn?

Anyway, many thanks for all the comments, it's been a good read and somehow assuring that we share a mutual dislike for BCFC 82 - what's the expression, the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Good luck for next season, I hope you ditch the red (for obvious reasons) and revert to the blue - you know it makes sense.

And as regards my book that someone mentioned, it has now been added to and republished as Booted and Suited...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Booted-Suited-C ... 1844547469

Shameless plug over. Keep the faith, you'll always be BLUEbirds in my eyes. :D

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Hey "BEECH1927" - just laughed out loud at your avatar mate - if that's not photo shopped it should win a comedy award - that cows face is almost as good as the sheep's face in that "should have gone to specsavers" ad - classic !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really lifted my mood after today's bag of shite performance. :x

Bloobirds forever !!! :old: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :wave:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 am

As someone who is Eastville born and bred but has been an adopted son of Cardiff since 1990 and by birth a Gas head, you lot don't realise how this thread brings a smile to my face.
I have watched your team play at Ninian Park, cheering them on, Cardiff fans have seen me in the grandstand and shouted 'Wurzel, what are you doing here ....?' but never have I had any trouble from the Cardiff faithful.
Only one time living in Cardiff has my accent got me into trouble and that was on a Saturday night back in the 90's drinking in the Millers Tavern, you lot had lost to the Shits that day, a Cardiff fan grabbed me round the throat but once when explained I was Gas and not a Shit, slowly released his grip.
it's a story I have dined out on since.
Living in Roath, I have a soft spot for Cardiff, my step son, Cardiff by birth, is a fan of yours. My daughter was also born in the Heath, Cardiff will always be my second team.
Chuffed we won last weekend at Wycombe, gutted you lost at Sunderland.
You lot belong in the Premiership, I'm proud to live in a city that has a Premiership team.
A city the size of Bristol, should have a Premiership team, as long as it's not the Shits.

UTG

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:16 pm

cendl blue wrote:One of the best away days I've ever had was winning 1 0 at Twerton park we were struggling they were flying. 4 days before they beat us easily In the autoglass and both games had a great atmosphere. Very lively walk back to car as well. A lot of their fans dislike us the same as city. Will arguably be the biggest team to drop down if it happens wouldn't have thought it twenty years ago.

Think Sammy Johnstone got stabbed that day. :shock: