Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Next Years Championship

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Mario wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Still just as unproven & doing exactly what you slagged Malky off constantly for. :laughing6:

Austin, Baldock (the 5ft7 BIG MAN) who else do you want to buy that is unproven at prem level?

Milky had 42m to spend overall, 10-15m to get promoted. Ole is going to have considerably less, Ole is going to have to be astute in getting the right striker for a bargain price because of the mess left in front of him

Mackay was ambitious yes.

Not really much of a mess, we should walk the championship with this squad.

If Malky was ambitious why did he offer a 30k a week 1 year contract to a 35 year old? The same for Smith

He should have gone for more Mutch's and Noone's rather than sticking with a paper Championship team, also it is clear we are in a mess, we will lose a lot of our squad

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:So you want a proven prem striker to play in the league below, for peanuts?! :laughing6:

How many times, a striker in the MOULD of Lambert or Austin, who has the POTENTIAL to play in the PL

POTENTIAL
MOULD

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Your criteria is changing as you post. :laughing6:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 pm

On paper our squad is miles better than Crystal Palaces but hey ho, they have a experienced manager that takes no shit.

Our squad is good enough, we just beat Southampton away, it is just they haven't done it often enough.

Caulker and Medel have been two of our best players this season yet Mackay gets criticized for buying them.

Maybe he spent money where it shouldn't have been spent, but Caulker for 9 odd million is a bargain considering his potential and resale value. Yet people continually say he wasted 35 million. No, no he didn't.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Mario wrote:On paper our squad is miles better than Crystal Palaces but hey ho, they have a experienced manager that takes no shit.

Our squad is good enough, we just beat Southampton away, it is just they haven't done it often enough.

Caulker and Medel have been two of our best players this season yet Mackay gets criticized for buying them.

Maybe he spent money where it shouldn't have been spent, but Caulker for 9 odd million is a bargain considering his potential and resale value. Yet people continually say he wasted 35 million. No, no he didn't.

For me Caulker and Medel were good buys but it comes at a cost, when a striker was clearly our main priority, don't get me started on Cornelius. If we didn't dick around with Ince and Capoue we'd have got Medel for considerably cheaper and had about 5-6m for a proven PL striker like Hull did with Long

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Assuming we lose Marshall, Caulker and Medel in the summer our squad would be:-

GK - Lewis, Moore
DR - Fabio, TC, Brayford, McNaughton
DL - Taylor, John, Lappin
DC - Cala, Hudson, Connolly, Turner (contract?)
DM - Gunnarson, Whittingham (contract?), Cowie, Eikrem, Kiss
AM - Mutch, Noone, Daehli, Kim, Harris, Ralls, Smith (contract?)
STR - Campbell, Jones, Maynard, Mason, Berget, Velikonja

Apart from at goalkeeper our squad is stronger than the one Malky won the Championship with. I'd be hugely disappointed if Ole couldn't do the same with a similar £10m transfer kitty.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:47 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Mario wrote:On paper our squad is miles better than Crystal Palaces but hey ho, they have a experienced manager that takes no shit.

For me Caulker and Medel were good buys but it comes at a cost, when a striker was clearly our main priority, don't get me started on Cornelius. If we didn't dick around with Ince and Capoue we'd have got Medel for considerably cheaper and had about 5-6m for a proven PL striker like Hull did with Long

Long has 3 in 12 and Jelavic 3 in 13, Campbell who has 6 in 33 and Mutch 7 in 31 aren't really that far behind. For me our problem is lack of creativity rather than strikers. I think Mutch and Campbell could both have returned a 1 in 4 strike rate if we had more than just Craig Noone as the only really dangerous creative player in our squad. I thought Kim would be much better than he has been, Bellamy hasn't done anything when fit and I like Daehli a lot but isn't quick enough to be really dangerous.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:So you want a proven prem striker to play in the league below, for peanuts?! :laughing6:

:laughing5: :laughing5: he doesn't know what he's talking about, we got a striker that got 7 in 12 when not fit and playing for defensive Malky but we somehow need better in that league :lol:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:

Because Long has been so great for Hull, right? And how is he a proven Prem striker? He has never managed to score 10 goals in a single season in the Prem.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:55 pm

[quote="PartyWithOle"]Our Champ team should be this
Moore
Brayford
Cala
Turner
Fabio
Noone
Mutch
Daehli
New CDM
New winger
Ross Mcormack ;)

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 pm

RFMH wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: he doesn't know what he's talking about, we got a striker that got 7 in 12 when not fit and playing for defensive Malky but we somehow need better in that league :lol:

Fraizer Campbell is shit to watch and makes my eyes bleed because he's so shit

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Totally agree. This year has been a disaster. Have we had two wins away on the bounce? Don't think so. Saturday showed we huff and puff but at the end of the day we are not good enough.

We went into this campaign with championship defenders,midfielders and forwards who need three chances to score one goal.If we are honest we knew we needed 2or3 quality defenders but alas none came in.

I really hope that the top people at the club sit down look and how the season has panned out and build on what was learned from a very disappointing season. Hull and Crystal Palace will remain we have to drop to a league we took all before us but still not good enough.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
RFMH wrote:

Fraizer Campbell is shit to watch and makes my eyes bleed because he's so shit

It's no one else's fault but your own if your ability to judge a player is so skewed. He has a above decent championship scoring rate. Your argument is invalid. :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Wether we stay up or go down we need 2 new strikers INO.

Rhodes and Finnabogson would be nice :D

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:10 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:I think this is pointless at the min mate, as there is a decent chance we could stay up.

There is a decent chance but there's always time for discussion. I always remain an optimist and would hate to see us go down, it'd pain me. But just wondering :ayatollah:

Kenfig thinks every post is pointless why does he bother coming on here. :bluescarf: