Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gestede

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Again, where has anyone said that about Conway? :?

:roll:

You have no idea either then? :D

Made a stupid error, I was on about Gestede.. you knew that just trying to be cocky.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 am

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
ffs wrote:Could he be them man to lead the line for us next season? How much do you think he'd cost? £5m?

id take far more notice if he carried on banging them in next season.

A lot of players have good runs, seem to remember alan lee scoring a few just after leaving us.

If gestede goes and scores 12/15 next season then fair play, dont think there could be much argument about his ability at that level then.

12/15 in the championship is no great shakes

That's a great return for a target man which essentially he is so got to disagree with you on that one polo boy

I reckon he'll bang 15/20 next season again

Fair play to him always worked hard for us and seems to have found a team that suits him best of luck rudy

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 am

troobloo3339 wrote:the way some treat him on here
he would have to hit 50 goals a season to be rated any good :bluescarf: :ole:

The way you rate him he could butt f**k your mother and you'd still defend him :)

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
ffs wrote:Could he be them man to lead the line for us next season? How much do you think he'd cost? £5m?

A lot of players have good runs, seem to remember alan lee scoring a few just after leaving us.

If gestede goes and scores 12/15 next season then fair play, dont think there could be much argument about his ability at that level then.

That's a great return for a target man which essentially he is so got to disagree with you on that one polo boy

Fair play to him always worked hard for us and seems to have found a team that suits him best of luck rudy

Agree to disagree

15 goals wont even get him in the top 10 scorers in the championship this year and 12 wont even get him in the top 15.

Charlie Austin for example has scored 14 in just 25 games.

I dont think 12-15 in a full season of 46 games at Championship level is all that.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 am

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree to disagree

15 goals wont even get him in the top 10 scorers in the championship this year and 12 wont even get him in the top 15.

I dont think 12-15 in a full season of 46 games at Championship level is all that.

Agree any striker worth their salts should be scoring 15-20 in the championship. Sam vokes has got 20 and he was injured ages ago, now there's a target man for you, I'd prefer vokes in the championship over Gestede anyday.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 am

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree to disagree

each to his own, however, if i was a blackburn fan and i had Jordon Rhodes scoring 25 goals a season id be perfectly happy with his strike partner getting 12/15

Kinda like Earnie and Thorne i guess back in the good ol days :laughing5:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am

Kenfig Blue wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree to disagree

Agree any striker worth their salts should be scoring 15-20 in the championship. Sam vokes has got 20 and he was injured ages ago, now there's a target man for you, I'd prefer vokes in the championship over Gestede anyday.

Most top strikers in the champs will get around the 20 mark, the outstanding ones 25.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree to disagree

each to his own, however, if i was a blackburn fan and i had Jordon Rhodes scoring 25 goals a season id be perfectly happy with his strike partner getting 12/15

Kinda like Earnie and Thorne i guess back in the good ol days :laughing5:

Fair point but I dont think they are a partnership as such, and longer term I think they have brought Gestede in to replace Rhodes. Rhodes will be gone in the summer, hopefully to us.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am

id love him here to be honest, though its going to take premiership football and 10m now i think.

i thought blackburn over payed at the time, but two seasons of banging them in means hes surely heading to the prem next year?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 am

paulh_85 wrote:id love him here to be honest, though its going to take premiership football and 10m now i think.

i thought blackburn over payed at the time, but two seasons of banging them in means hes surely heading to the prem next year?

Depends if Blackburn get promoted or not I reckon. They still in with a shout of the play offs.

Not sure how many years he got left on his contract but if only 2 years, could get him for cheaper than 10m I reckon.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:31 am

Conway was booted due to Malky's personal dislike to him. FACT

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Conway was booted due to Malky's personal dislike to him. FACT

Mackay played him quite a bit.

He was sold because he was ineffective and not good enough for the premiership.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 am

I personally know conway for a long time and the reasons i give are correct

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:59 am

Mario wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Conway was booted due to Malky's personal dislike to him. FACT

Mackay played him quite a bit.

He was sold because he was ineffective and not good enough for the premiership.

Malky didn't like him, common knowledge.

He was a c**t to those that he didn't rate highly.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 pm

If Conway wasn't good enough I wonder what people think of Tommy Smith. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If Conway wasn't good enough I wonder what people think of Tommy Smith. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MM signed him for sitting in the stands at home games on 20k a week i remember him playing once. I cant even use the old " One for the future " on smith :laughing5:

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:If Conway wasn't good enough I wonder what people think of Tommy Smith. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MM signed him for sitting in the stands at home games on 20k a week i remember him playing once. I cant even use the old " One for the future " on smith :laughing5:

When Smith first signed I thought he would be a key player and in the first 1-2 months or so he looked like one of them players who will always have a good game but not one for a MOTM performances after that he looked dire when he played.

Laughable how he got ahead of Conway, plain as day he had a problem with Conway.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

When Smith first signed I thought he would be a key player and in the first 1-2 months or so he looked like one of them players who will always have a good game but not one for a MOTM performances after that he looked dire when he played.

Laughable how he got ahead of Conway, plain as day he had a problem with Conway.

After he tore his hammy that was Smith gone as a decent footballer.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Aramore wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Wasn't it the Watford game?

Will always remember the goal v Blackpool, deflected but still a great strike.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep, was right in front of me. He felt his hammy go, quickly knocked the ball into the box and hopped off the pitch. I think he was out for 3 months after that. Apart from that goal against Blackpool he was very poor.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Aramore wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Aramore wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep, was right in front of me. He felt his hammy go, quickly knocked the ball into the box and hopped off the pitch. I think he was out for 3 months after that. Apart from that goal against Blackpool he was very poor.

Same here, must sit near me as it was Canton stand he was attacking. A lot of experience but the injury hampered the rest of his career by the seems.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Get a room you lot. Its like Elton Johns dungeon in here tonight.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:30 pm

And he's scored again today against charlton :o

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Sorry haters I just can't stop scoring

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Confidence distroyed at Cardiff by boo brigade, better off not being here!!!¡