Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will the Jacks go all out to beat Sunderland?

Poll ended at Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm

The jacks will try to win regardless
48%
The Jacks will throw the game if it means us being relegated
52%

Total votes : 48

WILL THE JACKS

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Go all out to beat Sunderland on the last day should it go to the wire or will they allow Sunderland the victory if it sent us down

Re: WILL THE JACKS

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 pm

It wouldnt surprise me if we sent out a "fringe" side - put it that way.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:16 pm

We may have a few injuries by then. My also have to comsider bony and his world cup summer. ;)

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Pointless thread at this moment in time, we could be down or safe by then.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 pm

jackf wrote:We may have a few injuries by then. My also have to comsider bony and his world cup summer. ;)

He doesn't even start for Ivory Coast, does he?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:Pointless thread at this moment in time, we could be down or safe by then.

Go all out to beat Sunderland on the last day should it go to the wire or will they allow Sunderland the victory if it sent us down
Read it properly :bluescarf:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:24 pm

keepcardiffblue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Pointless thread at this moment in time, we could be down or safe by then.

How could we be safe we have to play Sunderland and WBA have to play Sunderland,Fulham play Palace and Stoke who are safe and Hull who are nearly safe....do the math,everyone can't lose so points will be picked up by our rivals.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

keepcardiffblue wrote:

Pointless doing a poll that could not even affect us, just my view but you continue with your poll. :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:28 pm

keepcardiffblue wrote:
keepcardiffblue wrote:

How could we be safe we have to play Sunderland and WBA have to play Sunderland,Fulham play Palace and Stoke who are safe and Hull who are nearly safe....do the math,everyone can't lose so points will be picked up by our rivals.

If we beat Newcastle and Sunderland that's 36 points with a better goal difference than Fulham, and possibly Norwich.
Fulham lose to hull and palace, we are safe :thumbright:
Norwich lose their next 2 games and we win them, we are safe :thumbright:
Sunderland lose to us and man utd and we win our two, guess what, we are safe :thumbright:

That means the last game of the season does not matter, so Swansea can put out the under 10's :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
keepcardiffblue wrote:

Pointless doing a poll that could not even affect us, just my view but you continue with your poll. :thumbright:

I think it's pointless you making pointless comments on a thread you think is pointless but we have all got used to your pointless comments by now so run along and watch something you may have some knowledge of like Eastenders or the Simpsons.
:wave:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
keepcardiffblue wrote:
keepcardiffblue wrote:

If we beat Newcastle and Sunderland that's 36 points with a better goal difference than Fulham, and possibly Norwich.
Fulham lose to hull and palace, we are safe :thumbright:
Norwich lose their next 2 games and we win them, we are safe :thumbright:
Sunderland lose to us and man utd and we win our two, guess what, we are safe :thumbright:

How much money are you putting on those predictions.....deluded as ever.Hull will be busy thinking of the FA cup final,what player would want to get injured before Wembley,do you seriously think we can win 2 away games on a trot?

That means the last game of the season does not matter, so Swansea can put out the under 10's :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Even at full strength the jacks aren't particularly good so i would be very surprised if they beat Sunderland if the latter need something from the game. They will have too much desire.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I wouldn't blame them if they threw the game, I would laugh my tits off if we did the same.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Personally I think it wont matter by then as we will know our fate.

However in the scenario that we need the Jacks to do us a favour I think they will pull all the stops out to do us a favour. I think they will revel in us owing them. Don't judge all the Jacks by the prize pricks we have on here.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Could ask the same with Newcastle. Will they roll ore to help send Sunderland down? Will they f**k and neither will Swansea

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

We should not be looking for the jacks to save us.

Would we be looking to save them?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:25 pm

What are the chances of us winning two away games on the bounce when we've only fluked the odd win here and there all season?

If it's still in our hands going into the Chelsea game I'll be very surprised (and delighted). We can't rely in The Jacks to do us any favours - would we do the same?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Even at full strength the jacks aren't particularly good so i would be very surprised if they beat Sunderland if the latter need something from the game. They will have too much desire.

:lol: the bait is poorly cast carps

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:42 am

We need to do it ourselves and not to rely on anyone. Sunderland would have a good chance to beat Swansea irrespective of what side they put out or whether they try or not. Swansea are a bottom half side and so Sunderland will see that as an opportunity to pick up something from there.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 am

El Tel wrote:We need to do it ourselves and not to rely on anyone. Sunderland would have a good chance to beat Swansea irrespective of what side they put out or whether they try or not. Swansea are a bottom half side and so Sunderland will see that as an opportunity to pick up something from there.

You have to rely on other people anyway.

If norwich win their games then there isnt much you can do anyway.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:15 am

keepcardiffblue wrote:
keepcardiffblue wrote:

if we win the next 2, and Sunderland then lose either to Man U or their game in hand,they can not catch us on the last day..

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:46 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Even at full strength the jacks aren't particularly good so i would be very surprised if they beat Sunderland if the latter need something from the game. They will have too much desire.

:lol: the bait is poorly cast carps

Bait? Fact :thumbup:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 am

Bait indeed and poorly cast :D

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Bait indeed and poorly cast :D

Bait? Fact :thumbup:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 am

Bait indeed, and poorly cast.

You dont win a major trophy, finish 9th and get to the last 32 of Europe (16mins away from the last 16) and be "not particularly good at full strength". :lol:

Stop being bitter for a second.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Bait indeed, and poorly cast.

You dont win a major trophy, 9th and get to the last 32 of Europe (16mins away from the last 16) and be "not particularly good at full strength. :lol:

You've averaged a point a game for this season and for pretty much the last 2/3rds of last season. Lost 17 games this season, won 4 away. One of 9 teams that can still be relegated with 3 games to go. All adds up to you not being particularly good I'm afraid.

Not much tells me you'll be favourites to beat a Sunderland team at their place when they will be fighting for every ball. Let's hope if we need you to you do the business for us :thumbup:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:08 am

Carpe Diem wrote:

You dont win a major trophy, 9th and get to the last 32 of Europe (16mins away from the last 16) and be "not particularly good at full strength. :lol:

You've averaged a point a game for this season and for pretty much the last 2/3rds of last season. Lost 17 games this season, won 4 away. One of 9 teams that can still be relegated with 3 games to go. All adds up to you not being particularly good I'm afraid.

Not much tells me you'll be favourites to beat a Sunderland team at their place when they will be fighting for every ball. Let's hope if we need you to you do the business for us :thumbup:

We have a squad that is about to play its 60th game in the coming weeks. This season was never going to be as good in terms of league form.

The fact we have done the above as well as played games midweek at the likes of Russia, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Italy etc and still fins ourselves knocking on the door of a top 12 mid table finish suggests otherwise :thumbup:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:17 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

We have a squad that is about to play its 60th game in the coming weeks. This season was never going to be as good in terms of league form.

The fact we have done the above as well as played games midweek at the likes of Russia, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Italy etc and still fins ourselves knocking on the door of a top 12 mid table finish suggests otherwise :thumbup:

Not so different from last season. 23 pts from the last 23 games, carried through into this season.
Your making excuses for why you haven't been very good this season which is exactly the point I'm making and why even at full strength you will be unlikely to beat Sunderland if they have something to play for.

The table supports this, or is 9 wins all season, inc 4 away, wrong?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am

If the jacks are having a shit season, then what are we having? It's difficult to laugh at someone sitting 6 points better-off having conceded 20-odd goals less!

We shouldn't expect any favours and I'm not going to pin any hopes on them rescuing our season should their result at Sunderland have any bearing on where we finish.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 am

Carpe Diem wrote:

Not so different from last season. 23 pts from the last 23 games, carried through into this season.
Your making excuses for why you haven't been very good this season which is exactly the point I'm making and why even at full strength you will be unlikely to beat Sunderland if they have something to play for.

The table supports this, or is 9 wins all season, inc 4 away, wrong?

An excuse? :lol:

It is an obvious reason.

If Mo Farah ran the London marathon and was then asked to run it again - would it be an excuse after he explained why the second one wasnt ran as comfortably as the first? Or would it be a clear reasoning from Mo?

Last season we achieved everything we needed to come Jan/Feb which coincided with a dip in form (which kept us in 9th place lets nit forget) :thumbup: