medel or Cowie

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

Is there a big difference?????

Re: medel or Cowie

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 am

about £10million i'd say :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:57 am

Medel 100% he's played a few sloppy balls recently. But he's 100% a better player, but just looking tired at the moment.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:44 am

Medel just hasn't turned up for the second half of the season, his fitness is a concern.

I'd look to offload Medel in either league to be honest but if Cornelius was on 45k from the Danish league I dread to think what we are paying Medel.

If we can a few mill and all his wages gone for him I'd take that.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 am

blue lagoon wrote:Is there a big difference?????

Is this a late APRIL FOOLS thread :?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

I just struggle to see what he does for the money we spent on him!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Medel just hasn't turned up for the second half of the season, his fitness is a concern.

I'd look to offload Medel in either league to be honest but if Cornelius was on 45k from the Danish league I dread to think what we are paying Medel.

Agree. I hope Medel gets moved on whether we stay up or not, just good enough for me.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Distinctly average.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Medel just hasn't turned up for the second half of the season, his fitness is a concern.

medel only on £35k per week.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Medel sits on his arse most games moaning. I have watched him closely, his distribution is poor and he's unfit but because he has latin name and was signed for big bucks people love him.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:24 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

medel only on £35k per week.

A relief if true, makes Cornelius contract even more random.

I'd still move him on, not up to prem level and I don't think that type of player is needed at champ level.
Anything up to 5m would be great.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Seriously??

Not up to Prem level??

It could be argued that none of our squad is up to Prem level. But then, what is 'Prem level'? How much should you have to spend to get that calibre of player?

I'll agree that he's been off colour in one or two games since Christmas, but he makes some tremendous challenges and breaks up a lot of opposition play.

Medel over Cowie every time.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:not up to prem level.

:laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Matt D wrote:Seriously??

Not up to Prem level??

It could be argued that none of our squad is up to Prem level. But then, what is 'Prem level'? How much should you have to spend to get that calibre of player?

I'll agree that he's been off colour in one or two games since Christmas, but he makes some tremendous challenges and breaks up a lot of opposition play.

i agree but everyone seems to forget your only as good as the players around you if there performing. Id say if you was to stick medel in a top five team he would shine due to the better players around him stick him in our team and only 2-3 others are playing to there top level he will look under par most games. Such is football :bluescarf:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

Not up to Prem level??

i agree but everyone seems to forget your only as good as the players around you if there performing. Id say if you was to stick medel in a top five team he would shine due to the better players around him stick him in our team and only 2-3 others are playing to there top level he will look under par most games. Such is football :bluescarf:

That sound about right for most. BUT, he is the one suppose to sweep up balls and shift them forward, dictate play and tempo, he is the one suppose to make the players arround him better, and he dont. He would fit perfect in both italian and spanish league if he only could pic a 40 yard pass, but he cant. Imo he is like cambell, missing that little extra to his end product, sadly.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 am

WalterStrike wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Not up to Prem level??

That sound about right for most. BUT, he is the one suppose to sweep up balls and shift them forward, dictate play and tempo, he is the one suppose to make the players arround him better, and he dont. He would fit perfect in both italian and spanish league if he only could pic a 40 yard pass, but he cant. Imo he is like cambell, missing that little extra to his end product, sadly.

He picked KTC with a 40 yard pass, KTC won a corner, Caulker scores the winner vs the jacks.

Medel not PL level? Behave

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:55 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Distinctly average.

Is that based on watching him play ?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:59 am

NIBluebird wrote:

Of course. Cant see many top Prem clubs falling over themselves to buy him for say a cut price fee of £8 million.

Can you?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 am

KBK-13 wrote:
WalterStrike wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Not up to Prem level??

He picked KTC with a 40 yard pass, KTC won a corner, Caulker scores the winner vs the jacks.

I once scored from a goalkick, dosent mean i do it on a regulare basis. My opinion he should be sold. His on and off, slow down to much and pick far too many back/sidepass. Hope he has a top world cup, so we can get back half our money on him.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Of course. Cant see many top Prem clubs falling over themselves to buy him for say a cut price fee of £8 million.

Can you?

Pellegrini.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am

He's had quite a few illnesses lately so it's no surprise he's off the pace.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 am

Medel every day, and twice come kick off. IMO :ayatollah: How have we done without Medel in the team? I'm sure someone can look it up.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:12 pm

WalterStrike wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
WalterStrike wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Not up to Prem level??

I once scored from a goalkick, dosent mean i do it on a regulare basis. My opinion he should be sold. His on and off, slow down to much and pick far too many back/sidepass. Hope he has a top world cup, so we can get back half our money on him.

Yup, got to hope he has a good World Cup, as there is absolutely nothing in his displays for us that will have other clubs queuing up for his services. You have to blame the club though for failing to lick him into shape in the time he's been with us.

Medel has been a major disappointment for me.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:40 pm

I think Cowie has been underused this season. When he has played he's done a job. Medel at his best is just a class act though. His awareness, positioning, link play and organisation of the midfield. He's really been lacklustre at times though. I think his fitness is a big issue. I think he'll do well at the World Cup and hopefully we could get up to £10m for him if we sell him on.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Not up to Prem level??

He leaves far to many gaps, yes he runs around a lot but thats part of his downfall, if he held his position more he would be a lot more effective. The amount of times he loses his marker is amazing and the amount of sloppy passing is not good enough.

Maybe not up to prem level is a little harsh, we just massively over paid on him.

People rave about Marshall, rave about Caulker, Rave about Medel yet we have shipped goals from all over all season.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:07 pm

His best position is centre back which he will play in the World Cup and thrive.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 pm

maccydee wrote:His best position is centre back which he will play in the World Cup and thrive.

He is 5 foot 7.

He would not last 2 minutes in the physical Premier League with his stature as a center back.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Complaining about Medel is a little baffling to me.

He has been the only person in our team with the ability to chase and breakdown any sort of play and has meant players like Daehli, Noone and Mutch can get forward with little thought of defending.

Give me stats about a lack of breaking up play and limited tackles but for me having watched every minute of every game, if I was manager, I'd be very happy with his contributions.