Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Answer me something

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

Why is it that when the club try and do something about the whole palace affair it's seen as desperate and clutching at straws and embarrassing etc..when they have a valid argument.

Yet week after week we see pathetic excuses and moaning about being hard done by decisions.

So the club have to just get on with it and accept it, but you lot can moan constantly...

Re: Answer me something

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:45 am

If we were mid table and safe from relegation would the club still have complained?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 am

caerblue wrote:If we were mid table and safe from relegation would the club still have complained?

I think so.

The press are responsible for making more if it than needs to.

The evidence is there so report it if nothing comes of it love on no big deal but we would be silly NOT to do anything about it.

Fans on here are moaning about the club complaining they moan about refs the y moans about everything...

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 am

Irrelevant of palace knowing the starting line up or tactics,we should have been good enough to have beaten them,we could have changed tactics during the game,the fact palace beat us so easily is why most people just want an end to it,cheating or not it goes on in football,it's just another saga this season for cardiff city

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 am

caerblue wrote:If we were mid table and safe from relegation would the club still have complained?

Yep.

Anything that undermines Moody's case for unfair dismissal was going to be pursued. I don't think the club want points, I don't think they want Palace officials reprimanded. The club purely want to out Moody for anything underhanded.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 am

Whatever the issues with Palace, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't turn up on the day. So what if they knew the team? Regardless of who we put out that day, we still would have lost.

The club are better off putting their focus on what matters - getting behind the team and not picking arguments with other clubs. What good can possibly come of pursuing Palace?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:19 am

caerblue wrote:Irrelevant of palace knowing the starting line up or tactics,we should have been good enough to have beaten them,we could have changed tactics during the game,the fact palace beat us so easily is why most people just want an end to it,cheating or not it goes on in football,it's just another saga this season for cardiff city

Palace are doing well. If it were another team that were 11th and not palace that beat us would people be pissed off we lost?

Palace are a level above us I can accept that. A team and a manager on a good run of form that's been no fluke, I'd be more pissed off to lose against an established Sunderland/Fulham battling relegation than I was to lose against a team that some seem to think are the relegation cannon fodder they came up as..they are a mid table team now the table don't lie..

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

Matt D wrote:Whatever the issues with Palace, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't turn up on the day. So what if they knew the team? Regardless of who we put out that day, we still would have lost.

The club are better off putting their focus on what matters - getting behind the team and not picking arguments with other clubs. What good can possibly come of pursuing Palace?

Actually, if we'd scored first early on, when we were "in" the game, it might have been a different story. For those of us who properly watched the game, we weren't too bad for the first part of the game...

The whole point of the 'Report' to the PL was that Palarse were caught out because Moody was dull enough to text the wrong person and that person (allegedly Freeman) had the honesty and integrity to notify Ole of the situation

Can't fault him for that at all and I can't fault Cardiff for reporting a flagrant breach of PL Rules, no matter what the outcome may or may not be points-wise for Palaerse, or for Moody himself

If it was simply ignored, PL teams might just as well do whatever they like whenever they like to gain an advantage KNOWING they can get away with it

Also, if anyone now thinks that Moody's integrity has not been called into question, they are deluded and (if sources are to be believed) City fans are not going to be too happy with some of his antics at Cardiff when Tan decides to go public :shock:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 am

Matt D wrote:Whatever the issues with Palace, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't turn up on the day. So what if they knew the team? Regardless of who we put out that day, we still would have lost.

caerblue wrote:Irrelevant of palace knowing the starting line up or tactics,we should have been good enough to have beaten them,we could have changed tactics during the game,the fact palace beat us so easily is why most people just want an end to it,cheating or not it goes on in football,it's just another saga this season for cardiff city

People keep spouting this nonsense but if they had our line up beforehand then they could have easily adapted their team and hence nullified any threat we had on the day tactically straight from the off. If football was just about turning up on the day then managers wouldn't exist and all the captain would have to say is 'come on lads, get stuck in' every 5 minutes. Tactics are vitally important and if Palace did know then they had a massive advantage. How is fair if they knew our team and could plan from kick off when Ole didn't know theirs and had to use subs to enforce tactical changes and only a maximum of three at that?

Its not looking for an excuse. Its bloody cheating if they've done it and to be honest they should be:

a) fined
b) forced to replay the fixtures they've been caught doing this in

If the FA only fine them then if they're found guilty thats not a deterrent because 3 points and possibly finishing higher up the table is worth much more in final standings money than a fine the FA will dish out. The only possible deterrents are replaying the fixture and/or docking them points.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:44 am

Sven wrote:

Actually, if we'd scored first early on, when we were "in" the game, it might have been a different story. For those of us who properly watched the game, we weren't too bad for the first part of the game...

The whole point of the 'Report' to the PL was that Palarse were caught out because Moody was dull enough to text the wrong person and that person (allegedly Freeman) had the honesty and integrity to notify Ole of the situation

Can't fault him for that at all and I can't fault Cardiff for reporting a flagrant breach of PL Rules, no matter what the outcome may or may not be points-wise for Palaerse, or for Moody himself

If it was simply ignored, PL teams might just as well do whatever they like whenever they like to gain an advantage KNOWING they can get away with it

Also, if anyone now thinks that Moody's integrity has not been called into question, they are deluded and (if sources are to be believed) City fans are not going to be too happy with some of his antics at Cardiff when Tan decides to go public :shock:

Spot on Sven. Great post!

If you want to slate Tan for the rebrand then fair enough but all the pot shots at him for other things are just ridiculous in my honest opinion. Other than the rebrand and the stupid things and interviews he's done in relation to the rebrand he hasn''t done much wrong.

I dont suspect all was well at Cardiff City under Malky and Moody anyway. Did Tan force Malky to sign Brayford? Doubt it. Did Tan force them to sign Cornelius? Doubt it. Yet these players and others rarely featured. He even bought Odemwingie to, in my opinion, cover up the bad signing of Cornelius. Had Peter been a hit down here the Cornelius issue would not have been blown up as fans would have been happy to see a striker scoring. There were obvious ructions before Tan's apparent meddling in my opinion. People are just using anything and everything now to get at Tan for the rebrand which is boring. At least if you're going to criticise him do it for the right reasons and stop hiding like a coward behind false reasons to try and justify yourself.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 am

Sven wrote:

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 am

Sven wrote:

If in your opinion we were "in" the game and "weren't too bad" in the first half, then my point has been proved - Palace knowing our team beforehand made no difference and it was simply our ineptitude on the day that lost us the game. Case in point, the third goal, when Puncheon (if I remember rightly) was allowed to walk through the defence and punt the ball home.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 am

TripleD wrote:Why is it that when the club try and do something about the whole palace affair it's seen as desperate and clutching at straws and embarrassing etc..when they have a valid argument.

Yet week after week we see pathetic excuses and moaning about being hard done by decisions.

So the club have to just get on with it and accept it, but you lot can moan constantly...

I completely agree with you

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Dan234 wrote:
TripleD wrote:Why is it that when the club try and do something about the whole palace affair it's seen as desperate and clutching at straws and embarrassing etc..when they have a valid argument.

I completely agree with you

:thumbright:

Green arrow, Sven :notworthy:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Stop moaning ffs :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Stop moaning ffs :lol:

:lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

because we were simply shit that day,the result had nothing to do with pullis having set his team out any certain way.... it just seems like more unwanted attention on the club.. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm

I have no problem with reporting Palace to the authorities but the fixture should not be replayed and to say it should be is absurd. It's just desperation on our part to salvage this season.

Instead of directing our anger at Palace lets weed out the worms that leaked our team, that is the real issue here. If the leaker had told Palace to f**k off we wouldn't be discussing this.