Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Crystal Palace spygate two story in the Sunday Mirror '

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 am

Sunday 20th April 2014.

Despite four changes to the team and a change in formation, Palace players had a dossier with the EXACT lineup of the Villa team

Crystal Palace have been plunged into another ­potential spy storm, with evidence that Aston Villa’s team was known to them before the two sides met at Selhurst Park last weekend.

Villa chiefs were stunned to hear that a visitor to the Palace dressing room photographed an information sheet, showing the correct Villa line-up – which included four changes and a totally revamped playing ­formation – two-and-a-half hours before kick-off.

The sheets, positioned beneath the pegs of each Palace player, included detailed scouting reports on each Villa player, showing that the visitors would change from their usual 4-4-1-1 ­formation to a 3-5-2 system.

It also correctly predicted that Ciaran Clark, Fabian Delph, Gabby Agbonlahor and Karim El Ahmadi would replace Joe Bennett, Leandro Bacuna, Marc Albrighton and Andreas Weimann.

All the detail was spot on and Palace won 1-0, lifting them clear of the ­relegation battle and keeping Aston Villa in danger of the drop.

Palace had already been reported to the Premier League by Cardiff, over the alleged leaking of the Bluebirds’ team to Eagles sporting director Iain Moody, before Tony Pulis’ men beat the Welsh club 3-0, the week before the Villa game, on April 5. Cardiff are demanding that the result of that match should be scrapped and the fixture replayed.

Palace boss Pulis will meet Premier League officials to discuss the matter on Tuesday, with Cardiff claiming League rules were broken.

Pulis strenuously denies the ­allegations.

Yet, Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal the astonishing lack of security, which allowed around 40 match-day sponsors and their guests to view the Villa team dossiers, while they were given ­pre-match tours of Selhurst Park.

Our source was able to take a snap (above) of the scouting reports on Villa’s players, set out in their new 3-5-2 formation, at 12.28pm. The official team sheet would have been handed in – more than 90 minutes later – at 2pm.

Very Interesting...............

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ce-3434213

Re: Crystal Palace spygate two story in the mirror

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:46 am

Cheating fukas.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 am

Kenfig Blue wrote:Cheating fukas.

I wonder if this will make any difference to the decision on what to do with them ???

It has to help !!!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:55 am

Bluebina wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Cheating fukas.

I wonder if this will make any difference to the decision on what to do with them ???

It has to help !!!

This backs our case up greatly.

Re: ' Crystal Palace spygate two story in the Sunday Mirror

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 am

The Sunday Supplement journalists are going to be discussing this story soon .......... Sky Sports 1 now.......

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 am

Seems like a bit of a wind up to me and a piss take out of us

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Seems like a bit of a wind up to me and a piss take out of us

Looks like a serious article to me, I don't sense any sarcasm. You can also see the sheets next to the shirts.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 am

Just goes to show the complete lack of class and integrity at Palarse :oops:

Hopefully give new meaning to their nickname "The Stripy Nigel's" when they go over the wall to do some 'bird' :laughing6:

No way anything will happen to them (points deduction-wise) as it would open up the proverbial "can of worms" for the future, but they should be read the Riot Act by the Premier League and warned about their future conduct :thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:22 am

....and to think there are some muppets on here who said we were embarrassing ourselves by complaining. :roll:

We offered Crystal Palace the chance to respond. They declined to comment.

^ that comment says it all for me.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:51 am

I'm not being funny, but Villa had just lost to Fulham who were bottom... they had to change it up - so they reverted back to their usual starting 11. Out of the 4 changes, none of them were surprising.

Joe Bennett has only played 5 games this season and Fulham definitely wasn't one of his best - it was a straight swap for Clark who is a first team regular for Villa. El Ahmadi, Agbonlahor and Delph were all out with minor injuries for the Fulham game - they are all first team regulars at Villa. Also Bacuna was out injured... hang on a second... we have some shocking incoming news from Selhurst Park - you wont believe this but Villa regulars return from injury to replace the garbage who lost to Fulham... :laughing5:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:59 am

We all know that if the accusations and proof had been made against our team, the anti Cardiff Prem league would have deducted points from us.
No way will they do any worse than fine Palarse a few quid.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 am

PokémonMaster wrote:I'm not being funny, but Villa had just lost to Fulham who were bottom... they had to change it up - so they reverted back to their usual starting 11. Out of the 4 changes, none of them were surprising.

Joe Bennett has only played 5 games this season and Fulham definitely wasn't one of his best - it was a straight swap for Clark who is a first team regular for Villa. El Ahmadi, Agbonlahor and Delph were all out with minor injuries for the Fulham game - they are all first team regulars at Villa. Also Bacuna was out injured... hang on a second... we have some shocking incoming news from Selhurst Park - you wont believe this but Villa regulars return from injury to replace the garbage who lost to Fulham... :laughing5:

What's your point? :?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 am

Kenfig Blue wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:I'm not being funny, but Villa had just lost to Fulham who were bottom... they had to change it up - so they reverted back to their usual starting 11. Out of the 4 changes, none of them were surprising.

What's your point? :?

He doesn't have a point, I'm afraid. Just another mis-guided attempt to "have a pop" at the Bluebirds, which failed miserably for the simple reason Palarse were caught out and Cardiff had an obligation to report it for no other reason than the integrity of the game (as Ole has already stated) :thumbup:

Actually, when you think of it, it is all a bit rich coming from a fan of the club who would see their local businesses "go o the wall" rather than pay up their due debt :oops:

Let's wait and see what gem he responds with. I'm up for a laugh today! :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 pm

PokémonMaster wrote:I'm not being funny,

No, we know. :thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Sven wrote:He doesn't have a point, I'm afraid. Just another mis-guided attempt to "have a pop" at the Bluebirds, which failed miserably for the simple reason Palarse were caught out and Cardiff had an obligation to report it for no other reason than the integrity of the game (as Ole has already stated) :thumbup:

Actually, when you think of it, it is all a bit rich coming from a fan of the club who would see their local businesses "go o the wall" rather than pay up their due debt :oops:

Let's wait and see what gem he responds with. I'm up for a laugh today! :laughing6:

hang on a minute, are you "having a pop" at how our club is run? .... paaaaaaahhahahh ha hh hahhha hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
pahhhahhe hah ha hahhahahha hah hah hahahhahahahhahah :lol: aaaaaaaaaaaahhah hah hahah hahahahahah h

Vincent Tan...

I'll leave it at that.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 pm

PokémonMaster wrote:
Sven wrote:He doesn't have a point, I'm afraid. Just another mis-guided attempt to "have a pop" at the Bluebirds, which failed miserably for the simple reason Palarse were caught out and Cardiff had an obligation to report it for no other reason than the integrity of the game (as Ole has already stated) :thumbup:

hang on a minute, are you "having a pop" at how our club is run? .... paaaaaaahhahahh ha hh hahhha hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
pahhhahhe hah ha hahhahahha hah hah hahahhahahahhahah :lol: aaaaaaaaaaaahhah hah hahah hahahahahah h

Vincent Tan...

I'll leave it at that.

You beauty!! I knew you couldn't resist; mainly because you are too thick to know when to give it up! :lol: :lol:

Vincent Tan?? You even had one of yours dressed up as him yesterday, FFS!! Wouldn't see that at oUR club!! :lol: :lol:

YOUR club is easy to have a 'pop' at for the same reasons as ours...it has made mistakes! Our fans acknowledge that, whilst yours try to bury it in the past :oops:

You really are funny, fella :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Sven wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:

Vincent Tan...

I'll leave it at that.

You beauty!! I knew you couldn't resist; mainly because you are too thick to know when to give it up! :lol: :lol:

Vincent Tan?? You even had one of yours dressed up as him yesterday, FFS!! Wouldn't see that at oUR club!! :lol: :lol:

YOUR club is easy to have a 'pop' at for the same reasons as ours...it has made mistakes! Our fans acknowledge that, whilst yours try to bury it in the past :oops:

You really are funny, fella :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

Why is it embarrassing to dress up as Vincent Tan again?? He is a very popular figure in Swansea. To us, that man is a God - incredible fashion sense and sex appeal :twisted: the man is utterly impeccable, from his chuckle brother tash, to his kiddy fiddler gloves.

... and the reason you wouldn't see it at you're club because you don't appreciate what he has done for you. Everything you are today... you owe to that beautiful b*stard. I think your fans are disgusting, they have absolutely no respect for a guy who is pure red Cardiff Dragon, through and through. 8-)

Bow down or bow out rusty..

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 pm

PokémonMaster wrote:Why is it embarrassing to dress up as Vincent Tan again?? He is a very popular figure in Swansea. To us, that man is a God - incredible fashion sense and sex appeal :twisted: the man is utterly impeccable, from his chuckle brother tash, to his kiddy fiddler gloves.

That is so, so funny.

Only a native of the Swansea area would laud an individual who, in your owns words, has great fashion sense and wears kiddy fiddler gloves.

By suggesting Tan is very popular in Swansea and is a God you have just lambasted, to the worst level, you're own residents. You really must think before you write.

PokemonMaster labels his own people as fashion failures and paedophiles with Tan as their popular role model. :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Wayne S wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:Why is it embarrassing to dress up as Vincent Tan again?? He is a very popular figure in Swansea. To us, that man is a God - incredible fashion sense and sex appeal :twisted: the man is utterly impeccable, from his chuckle brother tash, to his kiddy fiddler gloves.

That is so, so funny.

Only a native of the Swansea area would laud an individual who, in your owns words, has great fashion sense and wears kiddy fiddler gloves.

By suggesting Tan is very popular in Swansea and is a God you have just lambasted, to the worst level, you're own residents. You really must think before you write.

PokemonMaster labels his own people as fashion failures and paedophiles with Tan as their popular role model. :lol:

My dear friend - I see you have problems when it comes to reading, so I shall go easy on you bromigo! :thumbright:
When did I label my own people as fashion failures and paedophiles again? :? I merely asserted my love for Vincent Tan's style - he is pure confidence.. and he is taking the Cardiff Red Dragons straight to the top!!! :) I wish he had bought us instead.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 pm

I love the jacks dressing up as Vincent Tan, I hope they all do it !

The ridicule only works if he was a respected figure here, one of our own. As there is little admiration for him it only serves our purpose to highlight how daft he is making us look.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:

That is so, so funny.

:lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:09 pm

PokémonMaster wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

That is so, so funny.

My dear friend - I see you have problems when it comes to reading, so I shall go easy on you bromigo! :thumbright:
When did I label my own people as fashion failures and paedophiles again? :? I merely asserted my love for Vincent Tan's style - he is pure confidence.. and he is taking the Cardiff Red Dragons straight to the top!!! :) I wish he had bought us instead.

why the hell people cant see you are a big WUM I will never know, shame nobody will ban you as thats what you deserve for being a prize WUM! :thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Can't fault palace, as nigella would say "its all in the preparation"

f*cking embarrassing stuff from our club trying to make something out of this

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:03 pm

bigboybazza wrote:Can't fault palace, as nigella would say "its all in the preparation"

Errrr its about Villa this time. You sir are a fool if you thinks its ok to cheat.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:06 pm

bigboybazza wrote:Can't fault palace, as nigella would say "its all in the preparation"

Its not only us its villa too. I don't really understand why you are excusing palace if this is really true?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:13 pm

bigboybazza wrote:f*cking embarrassing stuff from our club trying to make something out of this

Don't believe all the press hype. The club are not looking for any recourse by way of points or replayed matches. This is an integrity issue that needs addressing and also aids in undermining Ian Moody. That is all.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 am

so.... you condone cheating... says it all really!!! sick to death of people on here saying it was sour grapes but perhaps will be more reserved in their posting now the stripey nigels have been rumbled again.

cheats. END OFF.