Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Stinking Game

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 pm

A stinking game according to Alan Hansen that should have been shown last on MOTD... Penalties...disallowed goal..woodwork hit 3 times, good saves...I didn't think it was a stinking game or am I being biased. He also thinks Odenwinge's was a stonewall penalty. Sorry but the guy just flopped to the floor. I don't understand why contact (in this case a tiny touch of the boot while Odenwinge was standing upright-not as if he was running and got clipped) necessarily means a penalty. Baffling to me :?

Re: A Stinking Game

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:56 pm

I am in the US and it was NBC's televised game, they were saying what a brilliant game it was !!!!

All about opinions, MOTD is so irrelevant nowadays there is no point getting worked up

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Alan Shearer saying Hugo Lloris should be up there with Marshall as goalie of the year, there have been much better goalies than him this season.

Does anyone know if Learnardo who was on MOTD a few weeks back will be on their World Cup coverage?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 am

Thought it was one of the better games, fizzled out a tad and stoke pushed while we didn't want to lose.

Gave me a fair bit of faith that Ole's first full season will be enjoyable.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:15 am

Thoroughly exciting game, end to end, loads of incident. Happy to watch that every week.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:04 am

Lawnmower wrote:Thoroughly exciting game, end to end, loads of incident. Happy to watch that every week.

agreed

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:55 am

The best thing about MOTD is the music, as the level of punditory (is that a word?) has been awful for some years and getting worse. People are just more informed now and MOTD needs an overhaul starting with getting rid of irrelevant & criminally boring dinosaurs like Shearer, Hanson and Lawro.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:11 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:The best thing about MOTD is the music, as the level of punditory (is that a word?) has been awful for some years and getting worse. People are just more informed now and MOTD needs an overhaul starting with getting rid of irrelevant & criminally boring dinosaurs like Shearer, Hanson and Lawro.

Spot on :thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 am

:lol:

He's talking bollocks, the old codger - good job he's retiring at the end of the season.

The Villa game on last was shite and deservedly left to the end.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Daft Dave wrote:A stinking game according to Alan Hansen that should have been shown last on MOTD... Penalties...disallowed goal..woodwork hit 3 times, good saves...I didn't think it was a stinking game or am I being biased. He also thinks Odenwinge's was a stonewall penalty. Sorry but the guy just flopped to the floor. I don't understand why contact (in this case a tiny touch of the boot while Odenwinge was standing upright-not as if he was running and got clipped) necessarily means a penalty. Baffling to me :?

Agreed ,I think Hansens a tosser

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Thought our game had everything - enjoyable to watch, even for a neutral :thumbup: