Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Mats Møller '

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Can't be the only noe that gets more and more impressed by this young man. However, I bet that a lot clubs are definitely scouting him and planning to make an offer for him, regardless of Cardiffs destiny. Do you think that he will stay with the blues, or move on to a bigger and better club?

Thoughts?

Re: ' Mats Møller '

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:41 pm

BlueNorwegian wrote:Can't be the only noe that gets more and more impressed by this young man. However, I bet that a lot clubs are definitely scouting him and planning to make an offer for him, regardless of Cardiffs destiny. Do you think that he will stay with the blues, or move on to a bigger and better club?

Thoughts?

If ole stays he's staying, end of.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm

He moved from molde to Cardiff cos ole moved he turned down Manchester United to stay with Ole so I think he will stay he's only 19 so plenty of time to learn and improve but at the moment I think he will stay with us, he might be young but he is smart when it involves his career

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 pm

He is class and will play at the top level, but not for a few years, he will become one of the best players ever to play for us :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Sports Mole's man of the match

Mats Moller Daehli: Not everything that Cardiff's Norwegian playmaker attempted came off, but at least he was positive. Daehli constantly kept his head up while in possession and went on numerous runs with the ball seemingly glued to his feet. If Cardiff are relegated, there could be a few Premier League clubs that make a move for his signature.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 pm

If we do go down I think a season in the championship will benefit his career, no doubt he is going to get better and better though

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:11 am

IF we go down, and for me that is an IF at the moment, he will tear the Championship to shreds. :ole:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 am

Thought him, Fabio and whitts were good together :bluescarf:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:45 am

Not afraid to get on the ball but a strong little guy. Of our season easily.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 am

Excellent again yesterday. Can't see us keeping him if we go down

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Reminds me so much of Gareth Bale, in how close he keeps the ball to him when making his penetrating runs. Great future ahead of him.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm

KWest wrote:Reminds me so much of Gareth Bale, in how close he keeps the ball to him when making his penetrating runs. Great future ahead of him.

Daehli is a much more technical player than Bale imo, cant really comapare the two, different players. Bale is more of a explosive winger (ronaldo) type of player, while Daehlie reminds me more of Messi. I'm not saying he is anywhere near Messi, but he is similar as a type.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:56 pm

CasuallyCasual wrote:If we do go down I think a season in the championship will benefit his career, no doubt he is going to get better and better though

For the clubs sake i hope he stays but for his own developments sake i can't say i agree that the championship will benefit his career
With a player like him i think its the opposite.He will be even better and more influential with better more intelligent players around him and tested against top opposition because he appears to be the kind of player that isn't afraid of anyone and can step up to the next level when presented a challenge. That isn't gonna happen in the championship where we are gonna loose all our best players and where nature of the league is more physical which isn't really his forte. You might actually find that it will be more difficult for him to play his own game in the championship with players hoofing the ball up field and given the combative nature of that league. Being quick and strong will get you somewhere in the Championship. You actually need great ball skills and a good football brain to make something of yourself in the Premier League. This is why Craig Noone has been our best attacking player this year and Zaha who i don't think is technically as good as Noone or Daehli but is quick and strong tore the championship apart but is kind of struggling with making an impact in the PL.

If we stay up he will stay and become an integral part of our team, If we go down i think depends what kind of choices he has.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:36 pm

needs to be on a much longer contract.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 pm

LonCar wrote:
CasuallyCasual wrote:If we do go down I think a season in the championship will benefit his career, no doubt he is going to get better and better though

For the clubs sake i hope he stays but for his own developments sake i can't say i agree that the championship will benefit his career
With a player like him i think its the opposite.He will be even better and more influential with better more intelligent players around him and tested against top opposition because he appears to be the kind of player that isn't afraid of anyone and can step up to the next level when presented a challenge. That isn't gonna happen in the championship where we are gonna loose all our best players and where nature of the league is more physical which isn't really his forte. You might actually find that it will be more difficult for him to play his own game in the championship with players hoofing the ball up field and given the combative nature of that league. Being quick and strong will get you somewhere in the Championship. You actually need great ball skills and a good football brain to make something of yourself in the Premier League. This is why Craig Noone has been our best attacking player this year and Zaha who i don't think is technically as good as Noone or Daehli but is quick and strong tore the championship apart but is kind of struggling with making an impact in the PL.

If we stay up he will stay and become an integral part of our team, If we go down i think depends what kind of choices he has.

Spot on. If he wants to be a top class player, he needs to stay in a top class league. He might develope further in the championship, but he will struggle if Cardiff get promoted again, just like Zaha. The reason for this is that it's a huge gap between barclays and the championship.