Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sunderland's last two results are good for us

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
As i just said, you could have lost to Sunderland of they were 4 points behind you as they wouldn't have overtaken you. As ling as you picked up your 4 points from the other 3 games you would be ok.

From this comment made by you Roath Magic earlier in the thread, you suggest if we picked up 4 points from the last 3 games then we would be ok. By saying this you are implying Fulham are not going to pick up 6 points, as YOU said we would be ok, which in truth is incorrect, as we would not be ok if Fulham picked up 6 points. :thumbright:

And you think Fulham are going to pick up 6 points because.....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:As i just said, you could have lost to Sunderland of they were 4 points behind you as they wouldn't have overtaken you. As ling as you picked up your 4 points from the other 3 games you would be ok.

Now they are 1 point behind you, you cannot afford to lose to them.

Hence why it was a bad result, your margin for error has almost evaporated.

How would be ok if Fulham won 2 of 3, do the maths mate for fuk sake.

I haven't mentioned Fulham :?

On the subject of maths - You do realise that after that Sunderland result yesterday your odds of survival went down right?

So of your chances of survival are worse as a result of Sunderland beating chelsea - it wasnt a good result.

That is the simplest way i can put it.

Not really. Sunderland are still behind us and it is in our hands whether it stays like that. Fulham, Norwich and West Brom on the other hand is a different matter .

What do you mean not really.

It is an undeniable fact that the probablility of your survival lengthened as a result of Sunderland beating Chelsea.

That isnt an opinion but an absolute fact.

It's not. It's still in our hands. If we beat Sunderland we are likely to finish above them.

:lol: what do you mean its not ffs?

IT IS a fact.

Jesus Christ :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:As i just said, you could have lost to Sunderland of they were 4 points behind you as they wouldn't have overtaken you. As ling as you picked up your 4 points from the other 3 games you would be ok.

Now they are 1 point behind you, you cannot afford to lose to them.

Hence why it was a bad result, your margin for error has almost evaporated.

How would be ok if Fulham won 2 of 3, do the maths mate for fuk sake.

I haven't mentioned Fulham :?

On the subject of maths - You do realise that after that Sunderland result yesterday your odds of survival went down right?

So of your chances of survival are worse as a result of Sunderland beating chelsea - it wasnt a good result.

That is the simplest way i can put it.

Not really. Sunderland are still behind us and it is in our hands whether it stays like that. Fulham, Norwich and West Brom on the other hand is a different matter .

What do you mean not really.

It is an undeniable fact that the probablility of your survival lengthened as a result of Sunderland beating Chelsea.

That isnt an opinion but an absolute fact.

It's not. It's still in our hands. If we beat Sunderland we are likely to finish above them.

:lol: what do you mean its not ffs?

IT IS a fact.

Jesus Christ :lol:

If we win all our remaining games it doesn't matter what Sunderland did against man city and Chelsea.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Agreed, never said otherwise.

but now Sunderland can say that too where as they couldnt before.

Hence why it was a bad result.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
As i just said, you could have lost to Sunderland of they were 4 points behind you as they wouldn't have overtaken you. As ling as you picked up your 4 points from the other 3 games you would be ok.

From this comment made by you Roath Magic earlier in the thread, you suggest if we picked up 4 points from the last 3 games then we would be ok. By saying this you are implying Fulham are not going to pick up 6 points, as YOU said we would be ok, which in truth is incorrect, as we would not be ok if Fulham picked up 6 points. :thumbright:

So you are saying Fulham cannot beat palace and hull at home? That's totally impossible your saying right? :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I think they will win their 2 home games v hull and palace.
Hope I'm wrong.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:

So you are saying Fulham cannot beat palace and hull at home? That's totally impossible your saying right? :laughing6:

Nope im not saying that either funnily enough. :laughing6:

In my opinion they will get 4 points from their remaining 3 games, which if correct means you only need 4 to survive (assuming Norwich dont beat one of the big guns).

But that has nothing to do with the thread or my point, these are personal guesses that we could discuss until the cows come home, lets talk facts - Your survival scenarios were cut due to Sunderlands win.

That is a fact and not an opinion.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Nope im not saying that either funnily enough. :laughing6:

In my opinion they will get 4 points from their remaining 3 games, which if correct means you only need 4 to survive (assuming Norwich dont beat one of the big guns).

But that has nothing to do with the thread or my point, these are personal guesses that we could discuss until the cows come home, lets talk facts - Your survival scenarios were cut due to Sunderlands win.

That is a fact and not an opinion.

Ok :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Penny dropped again i see.

Thank god for that :shock:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Penny dropped again i see.

Thank god for that :shock:

When have I have said Sunderland winning was good for us?

I said in my thread "it could benefit us". But I didn't outright say it was good for us. The 'could benefit' part, was basically referring to chelsea and not to Sunderland. If you can pick out a comment where I have outright said Sunderland winning was good for us, I will buy a Swansea shirt and wear it for a day :thumbright:

If you can't, stop accusing me of things I haven't said Dai Bullshiter :thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 pm

So you agree that the result yesterday was a bad one for your survival hopes and not a good one?

The title of this thread is "Sunderlands last 2 results are good for us"

So I assume you also disagree with that as a result?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:So you agree that the result yesterday was a bad one for your survival hopes and not a good one?

The title of this thread is "Sunderlands last 2 results are good for us"

So I assume you also disagree with that as a result?

Like I said, all I have said is it could benefit us, referring to chelsea. I have not once stated that Sunderland winning yesterday was good for us :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:47 pm

So you disagree with this thread and agree it was a bad result for you after all?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:So you disagree with this thread and agree it was a bad result for you after all?

I agree with the OP's post yes, that Sunderland will have extra pressure now and chelsea might have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. The thread title I have never agreed with, the post yes :thumbright: :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:So you disagree with this thread and agree it was a bad result for you after all?

I agree with the OP's post yes, that Sunderland will have extra pressure now and chelsea might have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. The thread title I have never agreed with, the post yes :thumbright: :laughing6:

Treachery. In an earlier post you said you agreed with everything I said. I stand by it. I'm not a yellow belly.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 pm

maccydee wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Treachery. In an earlier post you said you agreed with everything I said. I stand by it. I'm not a yellow belly.

Read my post again numpty :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:

:lol: at last

The opinion that the small mercies overshadow the obvious negative is insane

Like i said in a typhoon "at least the plants will get watered".

Glad to have you see sense.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

The thread title is "Sunderland's last two results are good for us"

You disagree with that now :D

I have never agreed with it, I agreed with the OP's post in that Sunderland will be under more pressure and chelsea might not have nothing to play for. Like I said find a post where I have said yesterday's result was good for us. :thumbright: :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Maybe I'm trying to put a positive spin on it, but like I said I have never directly said it was a good result for us, find a post where I have and like I said, I will wear a Swansea shirt for a day :thumbright: :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Maybe I'm trying to put a positive spin on it, but like I said I have never directly said it was a good result for us, find a post where I have and like I said, I will wear a Swansea shirt for a day :thumbright: :laughing6:

I'm confused.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:

Find a quote where I said you did, find one where I said Norwich would win too while you are at it :D

Ive said all along, putting a positive spin on it is understandable. But to deny it was a bad result is just insane.

The reasoning is just bizarre. "It is still in our hands" - yeah its now in Sunderland's too.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Find a quote where I said you did, find one where I said Norwich would win too while you are at it :D

Ive said all along, putting a positive spin on it is understandable. But to deny it was a bad result is just insane.

The reasoning is just bizarre. "It is still in our hands" - yeah its now in Sunderland's too.

I stand by what iv always said in that if we beat Sunderland, I believe that will send them pretty much down, and we would need a minimum of 2 more points then.

But I'm glad we've straightened this out, as I don't won't might name attached to saying Sunderlands last 2 results are good for us, the only thing I agree with is that Sunderland will be under more pressure, and of course chelsea might not have anything to play for last game :thumbright: :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

I stand by what iv always said in that if we beat Sunderland, I believe that will send them pretty much down, and we would need a minimum of 2 more points then.

But I'm glad we've straightened this out, as I don't won't might name attached to saying Sunderlands last 2 results are good for us, the only thing I agree with is that Sunderland will be under more pressure, and of course chelsea might not have anything to play for last game :thumbright: :laughing6:

Same thing surely.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I can see what he is trying to say here

I kind of agree with him it's going to be a tough game regardless but I think personally we have a better chance of winning now that they also need to win the game

They will be extremely tense knowing they cannot lose or they are relegated which could play into our hands, where as If they lost both games just gone they would be relegated already and wouldn't give a damn and could just give it there all to drag us down with them

That's what he's trying to say and it's all about opinions I tend to agree with him but then again it could be and end to end game with lots of goals I personally think both teams won't want to lose and we'll draw and it'll be bad news for both of us

But I certainly get the OP point and he for me has a point

Whether I'd rather play them now when they are flying and have a chance or whether I'd prefer to play them of they had lost both games is hard to say as we won't know until the game happens itself but I certainly understand the OP point of view as I also understand others views that Sunderland will go for it

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:29 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I can see what he is trying to say here

I kind of agree with him it's going to be a tough game regardless but I think personally we have a better chance of winning now that they also need to win the game

They will be extremely tense knowing they cannot lose or they are relegated which could play into our hands, where as If they lost both games just gone they would be relegated already and wouldn't give a damn and could just give it there all to drag us down with them

That's what he's trying to say and it's all about opinions I tend to agree with him but then again it could be and end to end game with lots of goals I personally think both teams won't want to lose and we'll draw and it'll be bad news for both of us

But I certainly get the OP point and he for me has a point

Whether I'd rather play them now when they are flying and have a chance or whether I'd prefer to play them of they had lost both games is hard to say as we won't know until the game happens itself but I certainly understand the OP point of view as I also understand others views that Sunderland will go for it

Delightful response.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 am

He has clearly decided to put a positive spin on a situation, which is fine.

However he has taken it a step further and decided that it was actually a good thing after all.

Your chances of survival have mathematically worsened but hey, lets not bring facts into it :D

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 am

I also think on this occasion it will help us to be playing away. There will be a lot of pressure on Sunderland to win this one and as time goes on and the longer we are in it the more tense the home fans will become.
Also too strange facts are Sunderland have not beaten a team in the bottom half at home and also have a better record away than at home this season.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: