Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunderland's last two results are good for us

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Think about it. If they had lost the last two games they would have nothing to play for against us and might have played loose and free. Now after two results that weren't expected suddenly the pressure is back on them. They are favourites and at home so pressure is on them.

Furthermore they have seemingly knocked Chelsea out of the title race which means that by the time they play us they might have nothing to play for. This could be bad if they are playing without pressure but good if holding back for a possible champions league final.

Thoughts?

Re: Sunderland's last two results are good for us

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm

maccydee wrote:Think about it. If they had lost the last two games they would have nothing to play for against us and might have played loose and free. Now after two results that weren't expected suddenly the pressure is back on them. They are favourites and at home so pressure is on them.

Furthermore they have seemingly knocked Chelsea out of the title race which means that by the time they play us they might have nothing to play for. This could be bad if they are playing without pressure but good if holding back for a possible champions league final.

Thoughts?

Fuk me I got shot down for claiming their result against Chelsea could benefit us. But I agree with everything you said, as it's pretty much what I said in an earlier thread before being called an idiot etc

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Think about it. If they had lost the last two games they would have nothing to play for against us and might have played loose and free. Now after two results that weren't expected suddenly the pressure is back on them. They are favourites and at home so pressure is on them.

Thoughts?

Fuk me I got shot down for claiming their result against Chelsea could benefit us. But I agree with everything you said, as it's pretty much what I said in an earlier thread before being called an idiot etc

Didn't see that one. I don't think you are an idiot.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Topman.

Have a laugh if you like viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140095 :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Topman.

Neil Don't be fooled.

He is an idiot. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Topman.

Neil Don't be fooled.

That coming from you makes me really offended.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Topman.

Neil Don't be fooled.

That coming from you makes me really offended.

It's a f*cking Compliment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Thoughts?

That's exactly what I was thinking as well :bluescarf:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 am

Let me get this right.

These results for Sunderland are good becauseIf you played Sunderland and they had nothing to play for then they could be awesome.... Yet it is also good but because Chelsea have nothing to play for they will be crap.

Where is the logic there then? Or is it all just a load of rubbish?

Its like a Liverpool fan saying (hypothetically of course) "Chelsea winning their last 3 is good because now they have something to play for when we play eachother and wont be loose and free" - yeah they have the title to play for the same thing as you are trying to win you idiot.

Sunderland looked dead and buried and are now probably the ones looking most likely to survive, how those resuts can be deemed as "good" is nothing short than a Paddy and Murphy joke.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:26 am

Its looking promosing for us, 2 wins will do it for me.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 am

No it doesn't. Look at it like this, say they took beatings at City and Chelsea they'd have been all but down and morale would be in the toilet. All they'd have been doing is waiting for the R to be pencilled next to their name and be put of their misery but now they have something to play for. They beat us (which will happen IMO) then they go ahead of us and better yet (for them) they go outside of the relegation spots if results go their way despite a week ago they'd just suffered another demoralising defeat to Everton, they'd had no win in the league since January with trips to City and Chelsea away coming up. Yet they picked themselves up and got 4 points and became the 2/3rd side to beat a Mourinho team away from home in the league. How on earth does that benefit us? Their morale is through the roof, now we have to worry about YET another team trying to get 17th when last week every man and their dog had Sunderland down.

But oh well, now they have something to play for :roll: so that is good for us? Did you know that teams notoriously play shit when they have nothing to play for? Also why the f**k would a side who hadn't won since January (this is if they didn't beat and drew at City and Chelsea for any dullards confused) and pretty much relegated all of a sudden just play well? Most of them are out of contract this season so they'd have their minds on their holiday or getting out of that mess of a club.

Just to sum it up, Sunderland winning BENEFITS US IN NO WAY at all. Regardless of what spin you try to put on it.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 am

llandaffbluebird1 wrote:No it doesn't. Look at it like this, say they took beatings at City and Chelsea they'd have been all but down and morale would be in the toilet. All they'd have been doing is waiting for the R to be pencilled next to their name and be put of their misery but now they have something to play for. They beat us (which will happen IMO) then they go ahead of us and better yet (for them) they go outside of the relegation spots if results go their way despite a week ago they'd just suffered another demoralising defeat to Everton, they'd had no win in the league since January with trips to City and Chelsea away coming up. Yet they picked themselves up and got 4 points and became the 2/3rd side to beat a Mourinho team away from home in the league. How on earth does that benefit us? Their morale is through the roof, now we have to worry about YET another team trying to get 17th when last week every man and their dog had Sunderland down.

But oh well, now they have something to play for :roll: so that is good for us? Did you know that teams notoriously play shit when they have nothing to play for? Also why the f**k would a side who hadn't won since January (this is if they didn't beat and drew at City and Chelsea for any dullards confused) and pretty much relegated all of a sudden just play well? Most of them are out of contract this season so they'd have their minds on their holiday or getting out of that mess of a club.

Just to sum it up, Sunderland winning BENEFITS US IN NO WAY at all. Regardless of what spin you try to put on it.

Suppose it depends on whether your a pint half full guy or a pint half empty, you obviously are the latter.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Let me get this right.

These results for Sunderland are good becauseIf you played Sunderland and they had nothing to play for then they could be awesome.... Yet it is also good but because Chelsea have nothing to play for they will be crap.

Its like a Liverpool fan saying (hypothetically of course) "Chelsea winning their last 3 is good because now they have something to play for when we play eachother and wont be loose and free" - yeah they have the title to play for the same thing as you are trying to win you idiot.

Sunderland looked dead and buried and are now probably the ones looking most likely to survive, how those resuts can be deemed as "good" is nothing short than a Paddy and Murphy joke.

I qualified it Jack f**k. Chelsea May have a champions league final to play for.

Also if a team is down or thinks it's down players are going to try and make a last impression to get a move. They will play with no pressure and express themselves. Now Sunderland will go from massive underdogs away from home in front of hopeful but not expectant away fans to playing at home in front of expectant home fans.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 am

Whoever wins the game between us will stay up I reckon, they have the impetus now and will be full of confidence to beat us. Don't think they do so well at home though like us. I agree if they had lost by 3 or 4 at man city and chelate they would have given up. Strangely I reckon we have more chance of 3 points at Newcastle who have given up it seems. If we have to, we could beat Chelsea aswell, it can be done and I doubt they will be playing for anything. Not that Chelsea care but it could be between us and Fulham on the last day, would they play there best to keep Fulham up?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 am

Thoughts?

Think your probably right . They will come out and have a go . Could suit zaha

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:32 am

Thoughts?

Think your probably right . They will come out and have a go . Could suit zaha

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 am

I take your point about the pressure but IMO they will cope with that and their last 2 results will give them huge belief. Wickham must be on cloud 9 at the moment. Also, if Liverpool beat Chelsea that's the league over for the latter, so how much zip will they then have against Norwich in their next game having played a CL semifinal only a few days before?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:29 am

Carpe Diem wrote:I take your point about the pressure but IMO they will cope with that and their last 2 results will give them huge belief. Wickham must be on cloud 9 at the moment. Also, if Liverpool beat Chelsea that's the league over for the latter, so how much zip will they then have against Norwich in their next game having played a CL semifinal only a few days before?

Hoping wickham is injured

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

maccydee wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:Let me get this right.

I qualified it Jack f**k. Chelsea May have a champions league final to play for.

Also if a team is down or thinks it's down players are going to try and make a last impression to get a move. They will play with no pressure and express themselves. Now Sunderland will go from massive underdogs away from home in front of hopeful but not expectant away fans to playing at home in front of expectant home fans.

To type while clutching all those straws is quite some feat.

Your suggestion is ridiculous.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 am

:laughing5:

What a ridiculous post.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:52 am

Barry Chuckle wrote::laughing5:

What a ridiculous post.

Got a friend who is a Sunderland fan who said pretty much what I did.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:53 am

maccydee wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote::laughing5:

What a ridiculous post.

Well he's talking nonsense too then. :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 am

maccydee wrote:

He sounds like an idiot too then, think about what you are saying :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

Suddenly, Sunderland are back in with a shout of safety, which makes our chances smaller of getting it.

How you can suggest another team joining the battle for what we want, as good for us, is crazy. :crazy:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
maccydee wrote:

He sounds like an idiot too then, think about what you are saying :laughing6:

Nice to see Norwich losing roathie boy. By the way you were speaking yest it was like you thought Norwich would stand a chance against Liverpool :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Nice to see Norwich losing roathie boy. By the way you were speaking yest it was like you thought Norwich would stand a chance against Liverpool :laughing6:

What? Where did I say that? I think i made it quite clear i couldn't see them winning. :?

Im sure you read what you want to read sometimes. :roll:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

What? Where did I say that? I think i made it quite clear i couldn't see them winning. :?

Im sure you read what you want to read sometimes. :roll:

I'm not going trawling through threads, just remember you bigging up their chance just because Sunderland won. :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
I'm not going trawling through threads, just remember you bigging up their chance just because Sunderland won. :laughing6:

You aren't going trawling because it doesn't exist, quite simply.

What the heck do norwich's chances of winning have with Sunderland? :lol:

If you are going to make up quotes from me then please at least make then believable :D

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

You aren't going trawling because it doesn't exist, quite simply.

What the heck do norwich's chances of winning have with Sunderland? :lol:

If you are going to make up quotes from me then please at least make then believable :D

Your words not mine why you asking me :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Read....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.