Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whittingham

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Thought he was excellent today. :thumbup:

Re: Whittingham

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 pm

He's not good enough.

100% not a Premier League player. He always backs out of tackles too.

What we really need is Vinnie Jones. He doesn't shirk challenges.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

What a game from him. Squakwa rated him as the man's man of the match and I have no quarrels with that. Some great killer through balls at times. The time out of the team has left him refreshed and much sharper

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Looked really good, seemed comfortable on the pitch.

The rest obviously did him some good.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 pm

He is putting in some good tackles too :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Would of loved to see that free kick go in.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 pm

and what did you think of marshall Fabio and dealhi then chuckles :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:and what did you think of marshall Fabio and dealhi then chuckles :bluescarf: :ole:

:? Erm...

Marshall excellent, as ever.
Fabio played well.
Daehli played very well.

Why? This is a topic about Whitts.

What did you think of the pitch? Could you rate the groundsman and his staff? :D

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:24 pm

just wondering why you singled whittingham out
imo he had a very good first half and slowly faded in the second half
and was certainly no better than any of the other three I asked you about :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:just wondering why you singled whittingham out

because I thought he was MOTM.

imo he had a very good first half and slowly faded in the second half

he played well all game.

and was certainly no better than any of the other three I asked you about :bluescarf: :ole:

in your opinion. In mine he was MOTM. I know you said Whitts isn't good enough for the premiership, but today he proved he's more than capable to play in it.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 pm

but then your biased and allways back whitts
think your just point scoring with this thread hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm

True club legend who became a scapegoat for our drop in form. Poor guy just needed a f*cking rest - hell, the first 5 months of the season he was being expected to score or create all our goals from set pieces. Yeah he turned to shit in January, but I don't think any true fan doubted that he'd bounce back after a rest.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:but then your biased and allways back whitts
think your just point scoring with this thread hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Oh wow. :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: get over yourself. I didn't even think of you saying he's not good enough in the championship even when I made this thread.
Last edited by Barry Chuckle on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

glad your wowed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:and what did you think of marshall Fabio and dealhi then chuckles :bluescarf: :ole:

:? Erm...

Marshall excellent, as ever.
Fabio played well.
Daehli played very well.

Why? This is a topic about Whitts.

What did you think of the pitch? Could you rate the groundsman and his staff? :D

Thought the pitch was excellent today.

My old man mentioned that to me just before kick off too :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 pm

How did Rudy play today? :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 pm

think he played yesterday :ole: :ole: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Aramore wrote:How did Rudy play today? :ayatollah:

He got MOTM ahead of Whittingham. Troobloo decided. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 pm

just realised this is a whittingham appreciation thread your not supposed to post about other players or debate your oppinion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Overall is he good enough to start for us in this league? Jury is still out.

What I do know is if we are to go down then he will be integral next season. He will boss that league next year like he has the last 5 seasons prior to this and with another season of top flight football under his belt he will be even better.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Would have had the perfect game if his freekick went in! Glad he's back and hope he stays in the starting 11! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Whitts offers things that no one else in the ten can deliver expect possibly Bellamy. That is an excellent ball from dead ball situations. Recently the corners and free kicks have been abysmal but with Whitts there it does increase our chances of scoring.

He nearly scored from an excellent free kick today and his corners were very good. He put himself about today and on current performances he deserves to be in the team.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Looks a little more confident and fresh. OGS seems to have found a place in the team for him and he looks comfortable

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Was missing for large parts of the campaign.
That was down to him.
He doesn't have the mentality for the top league.
He has the ability, we have seen it.
But not the brain.

Think that's why him and Villa parted ways.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Thought he was excellent today. :thumbup:

t Thought he brought a lot of what we lacked the last few games; composure and class

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Was top notch today, can't fault him and deserved his place from Southampton game.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Green Arrow wrote:He's not good enough.

100% not a Premier League player. He always backs out of tackles too.

What we really need is Vinnie Jones. He doesn't shirk challenges.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

But nor is the rest of the team...

Vinnie Jones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Thought he was excellent today. :thumbup:

To be fair hes been getting stuck in and putting a shift in last few games he was even taking players on today :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 am

Thought Dæhli was MOTM myself, but all our good, especially in the first half, came from Dæhli, Fabio and Whitts down the left. Good to think those three will be here next season.

It's clear he's being played in his preferred position. For the first time since the first half of Dave Jones' last season really. A solid defensive midfielder next to him and s strong central attacking midfielder in front. Combined with more creativity in Dæhli was good to see. Looked a lot more like the old Whitts today :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 am

Thought he had a good game, looked composed on the ball and always plays with his head up. If we had better movement in front of him then Whitts has the ability to pick them out, that's where I think our problem is we lack movement in the final third. Took his penalty really well too, massive pressure but he remained cool as per usual. :ayatollah: