Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sunderland beating chelsea !

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Win our games and we stay up, simple as that. Chelsea will also nothing to play for last game of season :thumbright:

Chelsea play Liverpool before you. It could well be a title decider at your place.

Lots of ifs and buts with you I see. I'll give you a fact though, cardiff are 2 points off 17th :thumbright:

No ifs or buts, they DO play Liverpool before you.

Fulham are 2 points from 17th too, Sunderland are 3 points from 17th with a game in hand over you and even 17th has a game in hand over you while 16th has 2 games in hand.

That result may have killed you.

May have :lol: ifs and buts like I said. They still have to win these games. And who's to say we don't win our last 3 games. We also have a better goal difference than Fulham which is an extra point. West brom could also go tits up. Like I said ifs and buts :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Svenman87 wrote:I'm fine with that - we'll continue to battle through + could mean chelsea have nothing to play for + a lot of players not wanting to pick up an injury before the WC.

Sunderland game was always going to be huge.

I mentioned this at the start of the thread, but I have been shot down, by jacks mainly tho :lol:

Its a bit like having a typhoon and saying "well at least the plants will be watered".

You seem to be missing the major negative here :lol:

I see no negative mate. You don't seem to understand if we win our last 3 games there fucall Sunderland can do about it, they will be down, you get that ye :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
May have :lol: ifs and buts like I said. They still have to win these games. And who's to say we don't win our last 3 games. We also have a better goal difference than Fulham which is an extra point. West brom could also go tits up. Like I said ifs and buts :thumbup:

Of course it is "may have" the season hasnt ended.

There is factually a lot less chance of you staying up now after that result - that is a fact.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:

I see no negative mate. You don't seem to understand if we win our last 3 games there fucall Sunderland can do about it, they will be down, you get that ye :thumbup:

You dont see any negative from a side going from 4 points behind you to 1 point behind you in a game which every man and his dog had written off? That side also has a game in hand over you and double figures better goal difference meaning they only need to match your points total.

You didn't have to win the Sunderland game before as they werent in the picture, you now do.. How isnt that a negative? :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Chill out son your getting your nickers in a twist, we have an a grade biter here hohoho
Last edited by Kenfig Blue on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 pm

The penny has dropped folks :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Incredible scenes, Jeff!!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm

How the f**k can you have 31 shots at goal with 15 on target and only score once. Sunderland only had 3 shots on target ffs. Only positive is that Sunderland playing like that are going to get a good hammering soon, hopefully from us.

Not that I'm bitter in any way but this game also cost me money. This was match 8 of a 10 game accumulator, with Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool to win, would have given me over 2 grand.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm

The fact i am debating this 2 jacks and mario the resident reject says it all.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Stan_B wrote:How the f**k can you have 31 shots at goal with 15 on target and only score once. Sunderland only had 3 shots on target ffs. Only positive is that Sunderland playing like that are going to get a good hammering soon, hopefully from us.

Not that I'm bitter in any way but this game also cost me money. This was match 8 of a 10 game accumulator, with Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool to win, would have given me over 2 grand.

We will be lucky to have three shots up there with out strikers.

Got to make them count.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Agree stan. Wernt even a pen, sunderland are there for the taking, man utd will do them to.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:The penny has dropped folks :lol:

Smugness personified all because you managed to nick a win today.

Papering over the cracks mate , you have issues there that need addressing or you'll be in free fall before you know it.

Huw's shrewdness will catch up with you !

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Haha

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Can't see how Sunderland winning this can be twisted into a positive.... It's a bad result for us as it brings them right back into it.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Can't see how Sunderland winning this can be twisted into a positive.... It's a bad result for us as it brings them right back into it.

Dont bring sense here Barry, its not welcome.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 am

bluebird66 wrote:

Papering over the cracks mate , you have issues there that need addressing or you'll be in free fall before you know it.

It has nothingto do with us winning, it is just an obvious fact. Cardiffs chances of survival took a major hit yesterday with the emergance of Sunderland who are now a point behind woth a game in hand and much better goal difference.

As for us, it looks like a possible top 12 finish again for the 3rd season running, this one even more impressive as we will have playerd 60 games and got to the last 32 of Europe. There are no cracks to paper, we are a jaded squad. Understandably so.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:55 am

Dress it up any way you want, had you lost today it would have been a completely different scenario, very fine margins.

For a team in their 3rd year at this level, you've not had a very good season by any stretch of the imagination!

Yes we have been very poor and struggled in what is our first season at this level, yet you have only gained 6 more points , as I said earlier "fine Margins"

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:09 am

bluebird66 wrote:Dress it up any way you want, had you lost today it would have been a completely different scenario, very fine margins.

For a team in their 3rd year at this level, you've not had a very good season by any stretch of the imagination!

Yes we have been very poor and struggled in what is our first season at this level, yet you have only gained 6 more points , as I said earlier "fine Margins"

To be fair to Roathie his posts on Cardiff have been consistent (and mostly spot on) regardless of whether Swansea win, draw or lose.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:35 am

6 bysedd wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Could benefit us if Chelsea have nothing to play for last game of season.

Not really seeing as Sunderland will have a hell of a lift for our game next week.

Exactly.They can't see the woods for the trees most posters on here.

He was probably just trying to be positive, he is wrong obviously, but they will still have a little pressure now, after two good wins they haven't beaten a team in the bottom half of the table at home.

OGS has switched things we are keeping games tighter and frustrating teams, I fancy us to beat them :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ole:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:49 am

llandaffbluebird1 wrote:
bluebird66 wrote:Dress it up any way you want, had you lost today it would have been a completely different scenario, very fine margins.

To be fair to Roathie his posts on Cardiff have been consistent (and mostly spot on) regardless of whether Swansea win, draw or lose.

:thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
bluebird66 wrote:

It has nothingto do with us winning, it is just an obvious fact. Cardiffs chances of survival took a major hit yesterday with the emergance of Sunderland who are now a point behind woth a game in hand and much better goal difference.

As for us, it looks like a possible top 12 finish again for the 3rd season running, this one even more impressive as we will have playerd 60 games and got to the last 32 of Europe. There are no cracks to paper, we are a jaded squad. Understandably so.

sorry but you have struggled all season and only now with 3 games to go you are safe! cracks mmm suppose you think several player bust ups are good for squad? same as spews bust up with laudrup? all in public domain so cant hide these facts. :shock:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:04 pm

llandaffbluebird1 wrote:

:laughing5:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
bluebird66 wrote:

sorry but you have struggled all season and only now with 3 games to go you are safe! cracks mmm suppose you think several player bust ups are good for squad? same as spews bust up with laudrup? all in public domain so cant hide these facts. :shock:

Struggled to do what? We are 13th and got to the last 32 of Europe. If they are cracks then please can we have more.

Player bust ups are not good no, hence why Canas and Pozuelo have been shunned from the side. :thumbup: