Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I WILL TAKE THAT POINT THIS AFTERNOON

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

That was a decent point, a good battling performance and carries on from an excellent result last week. I wrote in my Echo column that I didn't think today was a must-win but we must be looking to take 4 points from Stoke and Sunderland.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140043 :thumbup:

Had anyone offered us 4 points from Southampton away and Stoke home a week or so ago we would have been delighted.

The first half was the best City have played at home in a number of weeks and in particular young Matts Moller Daehli was exceptional, anything that threatened the Stoke goal involved the young Norwegian, he got tricks, vision, good movement and a balance while on the ball that defenders cannot get near him, he made a mockery of Odemwingie on 30 mins, the Nigerian didn't know whether to look left, right, up or down.

Whittingham deserves credit for his performance and he was desperately unlucky not to score from his free kick that hit the post, along with Mutch and Medel in the middle we looked very strong in the middle of the pitch.

Fabio was another who had an excellent game and I think that both Daehli and Fabio took knocks hence their substitutions.

Zaha was battling and working hard to make things happen when he came on and he looks somewhere near the player we thought we were getting when he signed on loan. The only way Stoke were able to stop him was by fouling him.

The truth and reality is that we were unlucky to concede the penalty and I believe Webb realised at half time and was always going to look to even it up in the second half.

We have to go to Sunderland and get a win otherwise we will need Fulham lose at home to Hull and hope Norwich fail against Liverpool tomorrow and United next week.

If we beat Sunderland then next Sunday evening with two games to go it should be in our hands whether we stay up or not.

I really do believe that it was an excellent point today and a performance that has given me hope, the players didn't hide, they went looking for a positive result and came so damn close to getting all three points.

It is still a massive task but to be just two points off safety with 3 games to go is a good achievement especially when I, and others, thought that we were doomed weeks ago.

Ole played the same team that beat Southampton and hopefully he will go with same charges next week at the Stadium of Light.

Re: I WILL TAKE THAT POINT THIS AFTERNOON

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

I totally agree with everything you just said! The only thing I would change though is start Zaha and bring Kim out. I feel Kim slows the game down too much and loses possession way to easily.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm

TBlue wrote:I totally agree with everything you just said! The only thing I would change though is start Zaha and bring Kim out. I feel Kim slows the game down too much and loses possession way to easily.

With Kim in there I believe Ole is keeping it tight for an hour then letting Zaha loose to take on some tired legs :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Agree, pity we didn't get 3 points. we are more lucky in blue than red it seems :)
The 12th man was also very good today, nice!
Still possible to have PL matches next year. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:10 pm

How is 1 point good enough?
As I type this Sunderland have a penalty at Chelsea.
Almost beat City could almost beat Chelsea and many on here think we will walk through them next week.
It's laughable.

We have dropped far to many points at home. And we did it again today.

Prior to kick off 99% of this board were like "Must Win".
How is a point Good enough?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

And disallowed goal was a goal.
need TMO for decisions like this one.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

AJ1927 wrote:How is 1 point good enough?
Almost beat City could almost beat Chelsea and many on here think we will walk through them next week.
It's laughable.

Maybe 99% did feel it was a must win but not me! read my link.

Win against Sunderland and Newcastle and we will be fine.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm

It's laughable.

Points dropped against spurs, Sunderland, Southampton, Newcastle and west ham is what could send us down. But how you can say we are down when we are 2 points behind Norwich is abit deluded :?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
It's laughable.

Points dropped against spurs, Sunderland, Southampton, Newcastle and west ham is what could send us down. But how you can say we are down when we are 2 points behind Norwich is abit deluded :?

I'm deluded!!!!

You guys think we can easily obtain 6 points from the two North East clubs and Home against Chelsea.

But I'm deluded :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
It's laughable.

I'm deluded!!!!

You guys think we can easily obtain 6 points from the two North East clubs and Home against Chelsea.

But I'm deluded :lol:

Nobody said it would easy.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:29 pm

It suddenly seems to not look enough after Sunderland beat Chelsea 2-1 just now.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm

nik_cologne wrote:And disallowed goal was a goal.
need TMO for decisions like this one.

Paul Merson on soccer Saturday was reporting on the game and first of all said it was a goal but when he saw the replay said it was a very good decision by the Lino

carlccfc wrote:
It's laughable.

Maybe 99% did feel it was a must win but not me! read my link.

Win against Sunderland and Newcastle and we will be fine.

Err, no we won't.

Carl judging on our recent form in big games, and seeing how Sunderland who apparently are shit according to posters on here, Have just taken 4 points off numbers 2 and 3 in the league respectively.

You think we will win ?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Agree but think we are actually 3 points from safety due to our worse goal difference.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 pm

We need 6 points.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 pm

I 100% do not agree with you Carl and like I said earlier that 2pts dropped in my opinion.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140076

I might sound negative,buts its an honest/realistic opinion by myself and now just look at Sunderland at Chelsea tonight Hmm

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I 100% do not agree with you Carl and like I said earlier that 2pts dropped in my opinion.

I might sound negative,buts its an honest/realistic opinion by myself and now just look at Sunderland at Chelsea tonight

Wow Annis, is this you and me both in agreement?

That's a rare thing on this forum. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I 100% do not agree with you Carl and like I said earlier that 2pts dropped in my opinion.

I might sound negative,buts its an honest/realistic opinion by myself and now just look at Sunderland at Chelsea tonight

It's because we're both being realistic.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

It's because we're both being realistic.

According to some posters it because I'm not a Cardiff fan apparently.
Nothing to do with the fact that we've not been good enough .
It's because I'm not a fan.. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:That was a decent point, a good battling performance and carries on from an excellent result last week. I wrote in my Echo column that I didn't think today was a must-win but we must be looking to take 4 points from Stoke and Sunderland.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140043 :thumbup:

Had anyone offered us 4 points from Southampton away and Stoke home a week or so ago we would have been delighted.

The first half was the best City have played at home in a number of weeks and in particular young Matts Moller Daehli was exceptional, anything that threatened the Stoke goal involved the young Norwegian, he got tricks, vision, good movement and a balance while on the ball that defenders cannot get near him, he made a mockery of Odemwingie on 30 mins, the Nigerian didn't know whether to look left, right, up or down.

Whittingham deserves credit for his performance and he was desperately unlucky not to score from his free kick that hit the post, along with Mutch and Medel in the middle we looked very strong in the middle of the pitch.

Fabio was another who had an excellent game and I think that both Daehli and Fabio took knocks hence their substitutions.

Zaha was battling and working hard to make things happen when he came on and he looks somewhere near the player we thought we were getting when he signed on loan. The only way Stoke were able to stop him was by fouling him.

The truth and reality is that we were unlucky to concede the penalty and I believe Webb realised at half time and was always going to look to even it up in the second half.

We have to go to Sunderland and get a win otherwise we will need Fulham lose at home to Hull and hope Norwich fail against Liverpool tomorrow and United next week.

If we beat Sunderland then next Sunday evening with two games to go it should be in our hands whether we stay up or not.

I really do believe that it was an excellent point today and a performance that has given me hope, the players didn't hide, they went looking for a positive result and came so damn close to getting all three points.

It is still a massive task but to be just two points off safety with 3 games to go is a good achievement especially when I, and others, thought that we were doomed weeks ago.

Ole played the same team that beat Southampton and hopefully he will go with same charges next week at the Stadium of Light.

Excellent write up carl we dont always agree but that was a good read and theres nothing there that i disagree with :thumbright:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 pm

I might sound negative,buts its an honest/realistic opinion by myself and now just look at Sunderland at Chelsea tonight Hmm

Keep the faith until its impossible to stay up :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Jinks wrote:

I will Jinks and a massive fingers cross :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 pm

8 days ago most of us would have taken 4 points from these 2 games!!!!!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm

theclaw wrote:8 days ago most of us would have taken 4 points from these 2 games!!!!!

True that! :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 pm

We've taken 4 points off Saints and Stoke.
Sunderland have just taken 4 points off Citeh and Chelski.

Which fans will be more confident when looking forward to next week?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 pm

I agree on you with this. 2 big points dropped!! A game we should realistically played to win! It's gunna be very tough with Sunderland, Newcastle and Chelsea!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:

I will Jinks and a massive fingers cross :thumbup:

I'm keeping the faith until its impossible but i have one eye on brentford and bournemouth away to :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Had we lost to Southampton last week, as many expected, and then beat Stoke today, I suspect that those who being negative tonight would be posting far more positive right now.

But we would have taken 3 points by losing last week and winning today, yet we have taken 4 points and some of you are pressing the panic button.

Nobody says it is going to be easy and the safe money would be on Cardiff getting relegated but with 3 games to go, we are 2 points away from the safety of 17th and we play a team who are below us in the league and followed up with a team desperately out if form.

If you were offered to play any team in the next two away games who would you choose ?

I reckon most would say Sunderland and Newcastle :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:Had we lost to Southampton last week, as many expected, and then beat Stoke today, I suspect that those who being negative tonight would be posting far more positive right now.

But we would have taken 3 points by losing last week and winning today, yet we have taken 4 points and some of you are pressing the panic button.

Nobody says it is going to be easy and the safe money would be on Cardiff getting relegated but with 3 games to go, we are 2 points away from the safety of 17th and we play a team who are below us in the league and followed up with a team desperately out if form.

If you were offered to play any team in the next two away games who would you choose ?

I reckon most would say Sunderland and Newcastle :thumbup:

I reckon most would say Cardiff :laughing6: