Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I predict us to stay up on goal difference

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm happy Norwich's fixture list is horrid otherwise I'd be feeling a lot worse now. I can see them getting 2 points from the 12 on offer with the 2 coming from draws vs United and Arsenal. You know what its like end of the season when these teams pull results out of nowhere through grit and determination. They will definitely pick up points in my opinion even with that shocking run of fixtures. I can see us and Fulham both getting 4 points and Sunderland 6 from their remaining 15 on offer.

That would leave:

Norwich - 34 points
Cardiff - 34 points
Fulham - 34 points
Sunderland - 32 points

As it stands on goal difference we'd go down but we have winnable games to turn that around whereas hopefully Norwich take a pasting or two starting off against Liverpool tomorrow. I hope Suarez puts 10 on them tomorrow to swing things in our favour. Thankfully, on the last day of the season Norwich have Arsenal and we have Chelsea so we should both expecting losses there and no massive goal difference swing. Our goal difference is currently 8 better than Fulham's.

Im going to have this as my prediction.

Cardiff 34 points - win vs sunderland, draw vs newcastle, loss vs chelsea = 4 points more
Norwich 34 points - loss vs liverpool, draw vs united, loss vs chelsea, draw vs arsenal - 2 points more
Fulham 34 points - loss vs Hull, win vs Stoke, draw vs Palace = 4 points more
Sunderland 32 points - loss vs chelsea, loss vs cardiff, loss vs united, win vs west brom, win vs swansea

I think Norwich will lose by enough against those top teams to swing goal difference in our favour. A 7 goal difference is not a lot and can be considerably less if they get thrashed by Liverpool tomorrow, a team who normally put a few goals on them.

If we stay up its going to be on Norwich conceding in my opinion because I don't think its going to be down to us scoring. We missed out big time on not buying someone like Le Fondre, Rhodes or Finnbogason in January.

I think we'll stay up on goal difference thanks to the fixture list as long as dont get thrashed by Chelsea who may be playing for the title on the last day depending on how results go up to the then.

Its never been easy being a Cardiff fan and this years no different in my opinion - its going right down to the wire and it'll be decided on goal difference. Lets keep believing.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: