Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Monk to steer Swansea to top 12?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Yep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Don't you mean Bony to steer swansea to top 12?

No.

Realistically it is down to him, one Man team, and I think Monk is a pretty shit Manager, although he has had Some good teachers in Martinez and Brenda....

He won't manage you next season ......

Yet we finished 9th, 11th and won a major trophy without him, funny that.

History, you would have gone down without him, and every Swansea fan I know says the same.....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Where's that from metro or goal isit :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

No.

Realistically it is down to him, one Man team, and I think Monk is a pretty shit Manager, although he has had Some good teachers in Martinez and Brenda....

History, you would have gone down without him, and every Swansea fan I know says the same.....

Liverpool wouldnt be top without Suarez either. So what?

Its funny, every season people say the same. "Wouldnt have done so well if you didnt have..... *enter name here*"

You have a long list to choose from - Scotland, Sinclair, Borini, Sigurdson, Michu, Bony... The fact is, if we didnt have Bony, we would have someone else.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:Where's that from metro or goal isit :lol:

The guardian - or any source you wish to look really. Everyine knows that the major trophies in a given country are the ones with a Europeam place attached to them.

Same for every country on the planet, we are no different.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

No.

Liverpool wouldnt be top without Suarez either. So what?

Its funny, every season people say the same. "Wouldnt have done so well if you didnt have..... *enter name here*"

You have a long list to choose from - Scotland, Sinclair, Borini, Sigurdson, Michu, Bony... The fact is, if we didnt have Bony, we would have someone else.

So what ??? You would have gone down without him because your a one man team, so are Liverpool .....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Where's that from metro or goal isit :lol:

The guardian - or any source you wish to look really. Everyine knows that the major trophies in a given country are the ones with a Europeam place attached to them.

Same for every country on the planet, we are no different.

I'm sorry but your wrong there. Everyone does not know, and just because you and maybe other class it as a major trophy, it does not mean I or other people class it as a major trophy. What you say is not gospel I'm afraid :thumbright:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Of course we would have because we wouldn't have had a striker :?

Not seeing your point at all im afraid.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
I'm sorry but your wrong there. Everyone does not know, and just because you and maybe other class it as a major trophy, it does not mean I or other people class it as a major trophy. What you say is not gospel I'm afraid :thumbright:

Yes it is - it is a major trophy because it gives a prize of European football.

You can disagree because we won it if you wish, but that is the way it is and always has been and always will be. No amount of huffing and puffing will change that.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Insert OGS video

"Couldn't care less"

Moving along...

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Yes it is - it is a major trophy because it gives a prize of European football.

You can disagree because we won it if you wish, but that is the way it is and always has been and always will be. No amount of huffing and puffing will change that.

My local team won a major cup competition according to them, they didn't qualify for Europe tho :?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
My local team won a major cup competition according to them, they didn't qualify for Europe tho :?

Thats because they aren't professional footballers so don't have the option of European football - so in their league, it probably is a major one in their context.

In professional football it is different.

in this country there are 3 major trophies as they DO provide a route into European football.

Im not sure what you are arguing about really. Its not even a subjective topic and a given that has been there since they were incepted.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:13th place now after that master class by bringing on Emnes for Hernandez. 1pt from top 12.

Still find it amazing how many genuinelly thought we may go down. Should get above 40 points now.

Looks like it is between you, fulham and Norwich fighting for 1 safety spot.

You have a decent chance imo, Fulhams goal difference may become priceless.

Our chance is more than descent!

After the result at Soton, the well-earned point yesterday and our final games being 66% winnable, that's a damn site better than a fortnight ago!!

You aren't a one-man team as some others have said: You are a none-man team. Fights in the dressing room, bigger clubs coming in for your better players and a chairman with a money-grabbing nature, all add up to disintegration this summer, and you know it!!!

I do think the Crapital Bum Cup is the lesser of the trophies, however, concede it was important to you because you attracted some players with the prospect of European games.

There the success ends I'm afraid. You need the same reality check we've had. It's just that ours has come sooner this year.

BUT we are not dead and buried yet. 66% of our games as wins and we have another 6 points. That could well see us survive and when we do, it'll be a case of who wants to play for little old Swansea or who would rather have the backing of billions (I'm no Tan fan but the money is handy!!!).

Maybe Bony would fancy a short trip up the m4 to play for real money.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:51 pm

It is the lesser of the 3 major trophies, you are correct.

But a major trophy none the less.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:It is the lesser of the 3 major trophies, you are correct.

But a major trophy none the less.

I'm glad you agree with my post. Lol.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Of course we would have because we wouldn't have had a striker :?

Not seeing your point at all im afraid.

The point is your a one man team, and Monk is shit and won't be Manager next season.....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:

The point is your a one man team, and Monk is shit and won't be Manager next season.....

Yet we finished 9th, 11th and won a major trophy without that one man.

No sense im afraid.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

No sense im afraid.

Your opinion, but a Monk is shit and will be gone next season IMO and Bony kept you up not Monk.....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

No sense im afraid.

Your opinion, but a Monk is shit and will be gone next season IMO and Bony kept you up not Monk.....

And we have Marshall. He is total quality and will last for years.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

No.

:sleepy2:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 am

Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

No sense im afraid.

Thats not an opinion, it is a fact.

This one man that represents our one man team was not with is when we achieved the feats we did. :thumbup:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 am

Or Monk to steer Swansea into the bottom 8?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:57 am

El Tel wrote:Or Monk to steer Swansea into the bottom 8?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We were already there you cant steer something to where it already is.

Ive always said 8th-12th is mid table. :thumbup: