Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Happy with that result

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Given the fact that Fulham lost and I'm sure Norwich will lose tomorrow (watch them win now!) the point we won today could be crucial. We played Stoke today during a very positive run of form in their favour. While we ideally would have liked a win, given the fact that we're one of the worst teams in the league, I think a draw today was a great result. Next week could see us out of the relegation zone if we beat Sunderland and with things looking pretty bleak for Newcastle they're not looking like such a formiddable fixture anymore. We've moved up a place in the league and have a superior goal difference to Fulham. Lets hope that the loss today marked the end of Fulham's revival under their new manager!!

Unfortunately I can't attend the remaining fixtures (but I'll be watching them at home) fan's who do travel to watch the team, get behind the boys like you've done all season! You guys can really make the difference!!

BLUEBIRDS!!

Forgot to add...some very encouraging moments of play today! We're looking like a team that can actually play football now (for the most part)

Re: Happy with that result

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Also forgot to add:

-Odemwengie is a c**t
- Campbell needs to stop looking to go down - frustrated me to no end today and his lack of genuine quality is, unfortunately, starting to shine through. Can't fault his effort though.
- Kim showed some encouraging signs today but gave away the penalty (should it have been a pen?) and still looks to lightweight on the ball.
- Whitts looks to have regained his confidence and form and was, along with Marshall and Caulker, our best player today. Looks like his time on the sidelines really did him good.
- Where's Bellamy?
- Zaha ineffective again.
- Daehli magnificent but faded after a very positive start to the game and after the break.
- Fabio surprised me today, looked great on the ball - odd substitution to take him off for Declan (who made me a bit nervous everytime Stoke attacked down his channel).
- Mutch looks a bit unfit and should have buried his chance.
- Medel cleaned up in the midfield very well today, a lot of his work goes un-noticed but he did well.
- Crutch is also a c**t.
- French Kev also makes me nervous.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Fair assessment. Hopefully Bellamy will be fit to replace Kim next week and we show a bit more composure moving the ball out of defense. Game Vs Sunderland is 100% MUST WIN
Keep the faith :ole:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:23 pm

stentona wrote: Game Vs Sunderland is 100% MUST WIN

Agree with this sentiment. After about 15 'must win' games this season, Sunderland is the genuine last 'must win'. Unless, of course, we lose and Norwich and Fulham lose, then Newcastle is a definite must win...lawwd can this season be over already with us safe!?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I wouldn't say happy. Im more content. Its really going to depend on tomorrows Liverpool vs Norwich game though. If they get a draw then its not too bad. If they get a win then we may as well start planning for Championship football. Unlikely but football is a funny game. Will Liverpool bottle it?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Why would you be happy with that result? :lol:

The team played well though - could have had an early goal and Frazier should have had a second penalty from what I could see

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

TRose69 wrote:Why would you be happy with that result? :lol:

The team played well though - could have had an early goal and Frazier should have had a second penalty from what I could see

I'm guessing you didn't read the original post...

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Whichever league we end up in next year we need a goal scorer as we don't have one at the moment, lots of huffing & puffing from Campbell but no end result.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Do you mean when Frazier dived instead of shooting where he could of scored?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:

Do you mean when Frazier dived instead of shooting where he could of scored?

This.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:07 pm

And me.
Its still doable.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Marshall, Fabio, Caulker, Cala, Dæhli, Medel, Whittingham all played well today.

KTC is great defensively, but needs to recognize his shortcomings offensively and play more simple.
Kim annoys the f**k out of me, he dives and flaps about and is weak in posession. I think he's needed for his work rate though, as Gunnarson is the same defensively just worse in all other areas and Zaha can be a bit light.
Mutch didn't defend his starting position behind the striker very well today.
Campbell did not have enough composure in the box.

Jones actually looked good with the ball today and I'd start him for the away games, if he's fit and ready he'd be a great asset for the away games.

All in all I think the team played well and with some minor adjustments can go on to survive in the EPL. Especially if Dæhli and Fabio continue playing this well together.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Got to agree.I still think you've a decent chance of getting out of the bottom 3 and I'm rarely wrong when it comes to football ;)