Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Once again gave it away, Sorry but I honestly can't

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I've just read all your views and I respect everyone of them,but please just look at Sunderlands last 2 results incl tonight's at Chealsea's

We were discussing Cardiff's performance, not any other teams. We deserved a point against an in-form team. Anything can happen as seen with S'land's last two games but they've yet to beat a team in the bottom half this season. We can do it next week. The result here gives us a clear indication of where we'll be

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:55 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I've just read all your views and I respect everyone of them,but please just look at Sunderlands last 2 results incl tonight's at Chealsea's

We were discussing Cardiff's performance, not any other teams. We deserved a point against an in-form team. Anything can happen as seen with S'land's last two games but they've yet to beat a team in the bottom half this season. We can do it next week. The result here gives us a clear indication of where we'll be

I never said we never played well,but we need wins now. :thumbup:

We need to win at Sunderland and nothing less and I don't care how we play up there it's 3pts nothing less and I will be going and backing them all the way. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
simon1927 wrote:Fishing for bites, give it a rest Annis your negativity is boring

Agree he's fishing for bites. A draw at home to a strong stoke team is good and keeps us well in the game to stay up.

Just my honest opinion,not interested in bites at all. :thumbup:

We need wins end of.

We played well but it's 3pts we needed in my opinion, we never really played well at Southampton and got 3pts and that's what will count come May, true or not?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City 1 Stoke City 1

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121450

You can shout me down, but not good enough in my opinion and I honestly can't now see us staying up, other than a miracle.

Sorry but we needed a win today that's what really matters in my in my opinion, you need to win your home games and especially against a team like Stoke who had nothing to play for.

Yes we put a battling performance in today,but it's the 3pts we needed end off.

Daehli and Fabio were excellent today and Daehli ran for every ball and he is genuine class, I honestly would not of taken them of.

Once again David Marshall made a fantastic save to get us the point in injury time.

No I wasn't there today I am with my family in Spain, but I watched every second of it. I will be back for Sunderland away on Carl's coaches, now we need more than a miracle in my opinion.

Santa Ponsa bookies are laughing Mallo and I done our money on Cardiff :cry:

But roll on Sunderland away, I prey we win and others lose :thumbup: :bluescarf:

All Opinions Welcome :thumbup:

Updated Premier League Table

Usual agree with most of your posts mate, but all we need to do is win one more game than Fulhamand Norwich and we stay up now we've got that point. Daehli was class but went quiet second half and we needed the extra striker on and Jones done alright IMO. Yeah ideally 3 points would have been great but I believe a win at Sunderland and another draw could squeeze it.

Keep the faith :bluescarf:

Calmed down a bit now :thumbup: not trying to be negative but I honestly feel we needed a win today, we battled well,but it's wins that matter most now,just look at Sunderland tonight.

We might regret not beating the likes of Hull,Palace,West ham and Stokes at home, those are the games we needed to win.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Look at their results and performances up until January prior to the City & Chelsea games.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 pm

First half played alright but we were a bit clueless when we got to the last third of the field just couldn't find a way through .was it a penalty I don't think so Howard Webb took a long time to give it .came out fighting in the second half not sure why Webb didn't give our second goal .im not throwing the towel in but I agree with annis a bit that we are not good enough but we are still in there fighting I dislike stoke with a passion dirtiest side I seen this season but that didn't surprise me either

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
simon1927 wrote:Fishing for bites, give it a rest Annis your negativity is boring

Agree he's fishing for bites. A draw at home to a strong stoke team is good and keeps us well in the game to stay up.

Just my honest opinion,not interested in bites at all. :thumbup:

We need wins end of.

We played well but it's 3pts we needed in my opinion, we never really played well at Southampton and got 3pts and that's what will count come May, true or not?

Of course we needed 3 points. But we haven't been able to see us staying up since losing to Hull. But to me we have never looked more like staying up than from today. We have looked dead and buried for months, but we are now 2 points off staying up, and if we win 2 out of 3 we will stay up. This is the most positive I have felt for months.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City 1 Stoke City 1

You can shout me down, but not good enough in my opinion and I honestly can't now see us staying up, other than a miracle.

Sorry but we needed a win today that's what really matters in my in my opinion, you need to win your home games and especially against a team like Stoke who had nothing to play for.

Yes we put a battling performance in today,but it's the 3pts we needed end off.

Daehli and Fabio were excellent today and Daehli ran for every ball and he is genuine class, I honestly would not of taken them of.

Once again David Marshall made a fantastic save to get us the point in injury time.

No I wasn't there today I am with my family in Spain, but I watched every second of it. I will be back for Sunderland away on Carl's coaches, now we need more than a miracle in my opinion.

Santa Ponsa bookies are laughing Mallo and I done our money on Cardiff :cry:

But roll on Sunderland away, I prey we win and others lose :thumbup: :bluescarf:

All Opinions Welcome :thumbup:

Updated Premier League Table

Usual agree with most of your posts mate, but all we need to do is win one more game than Fulhamand Norwich and we stay up now we've got that point. Daehli was class but went quiet second half and we needed the extra striker on and Jones done alright IMO. Yeah ideally 3 points would have been great but I believe a win at Sunderland and another draw could squeeze it.

Keep the faith :bluescarf:

Calmed down a bit now :thumbup: not trying to be negative but I honestly feel we needed a win today, we battled well,but it's wins that matter most now,just look at Sunderland tonight.

We might regret not beating the likes of Hull,Palace,West ham and Stokes at home, those are the games we needed to win.

What about beating the Sunderlands, Southamptons, Newcastles at home?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

I think we played a great match today. 2 in the post, disallowed goal and some huge chances. Mutch could done better but what annoys me more is Campbell`s big chance.

Alone on the back post and all he needs to do is hit towards the goal. And what does our best striker do? He hits a huge f*cking whole in the air instead.

If we had a good finisher in our team we would won today, we dont have that and got 1 point. BUT it was 1 point against a very strong opponent who has been playing like a top 5 team the last months.

Sunderland wont be easy but 3 points there and luck with the others results and we still got the chance.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 pm

CardiffN wrote:I think we played a great match today. 2 in the post, disallowed goal and some huge chances. Mutch could done better but what annoys me more is Campbell`s big chance.

Alone on the back post and all he needs to do is hit towards the goal. And what does our best striker do? He hits a huge f*cking whole in the air instead.

If we had a good finisher in our team we would won today, we dont have that and got 1 point. BUT it was 1 point against a very strong opponent who has been playing like a top 5 team the last months.

Sunderland wont be easy but 3 points there and luck with the others results and we still got the chance.

We played a lot better today but in reality we are toothless up front. It's amazing to think that when Maynard did his cruciate we were left with Frazier Campbell as our only recognised striker and even he has been injury prone his whole career.
It's crazy to think from that day to this we have never addressed the problem in three transfer windows.
For me that's the reason we will get relegated despite the improvement in the last two games

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 pm

steve davies wrote:
CardiffN wrote:I think we played a great match today. 2 in the post, disallowed goal and some huge chances. Mutch could done better but what annoys me more is Campbell`s big chance.

We played a lot better today but in reality we are toothless up front. It's amazing to think that when Maynard did his cruciate we were left with Frazier Campbell as our only recognised striker and even he has been injury prone his whole career.
It's crazy to think from that day to this we have never addressed the problem in three transfer windows.
For me that's the reason we will get relegated despite the improvement in the last two games

I have to agree with u totally on this Steve, Malky nor Ole have brought in a decent striker,Malky had enough transfer windows to do this in,but never and Ole seen as he is attack minded has not either,bloody Kenwyne Jones.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I have to agree with u totally on this Steve, Malky nor Ole have brought in a decent striker,Malky had enough transfer windows to do this in,but never and Ole seen as he is attack minded has not either,bloody Kenwyne Jones.

:shock:
I'm in shock!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I'm in shock!

?

I'm always honest Nat and give my honest opinion. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Sorry but if u are a city fan u dnt book yr hols when city playing, end of .. Oh and before u spout family come first, we have all been there ! ,city did well today .

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Who would you have brought in for pennies then when no one was selling or available You seem like an intelligent guy, so I cannot see how you can't realise how hard it is to bring a decent striker in January, malky had a whole summer to do it and failed. The only reason I can see is that your sniping at tinkerbell.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 pm

langley wrote:Sorry but if u are a city fan u dnt book yr hols when city playing, end of .. Oh and before u spout family come first, we have all been there ! ,city did well today .

:lol:

After 40 odd yrs of following City through all the bad times, I will always put my 3 daughters first and yes I will continue to take my daughters away on their holidays when I want.

I will be back for Sunderland away,but I don't have to answer to u or no one regarding when I go away with my family, I've missed about 6 games this season and yes because I chose to be with my family :thumbup:

Only last week u accused me of slagging our fans off on the radio,but once u were proved that u were wrong,u just hid away once again :roll:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
langley wrote:Sorry but if u are a city fan u dnt book yr hols when city playing, end of .. Oh and before u spout family come first, we have all been there ! ,city did well today .

After 40 odd yrs of following City through all the bad times, I will always put my 3 daughters first and yes I will continue to take my daughters away on their holidays when I want.

I will be back for Sunderland away,but I don't have to answer to u or no one regarding when I go away with my family, I've missed about 6 games this season and yes because I chose to be with my family :thumbup:

Only last week u accused me of slagging our fans off on the radio,but once proved that u were wrong,u just hid away once again :roll:

Annis ignore. Family comes first.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Who would you have brought in for pennies then when no one was selling or available You seem like an intelligent guy, so I cannot see how you can't realise how hard it is to bring a decent striker in January, malky had a whole summer to do it and failed. The only reason I can see is that your sniping at tinkerbell.

Two of the three windows were January ones which are notoriously difficult but when Maynard got injured in late august there were 4 months to put a plan in place and we also had a head start in the summer by getting promoted earlier than most. I don't believe gestede or mason could have done a worse job than jones but when the inquest is held at the end of the season it's the lack of firepower that will be blamed for our struggles.
To be honest he might not be proven premier quality but I would have spent the 8 million on Jordan Rhodes before wasting it on Cornelius

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm

If you are a City fan !

Annis has been a season ticket holder for 43 consecutive years and you question his loyalty to the club.

Pathetic.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Only last week u accused me of slagging our fans off on the radio,but once proved that u were wrong,u just hid away once again :roll:

Annis ignore. Family comes first.

Cheers Ian, it's ok mate,there is always one :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Four points might be enough, if we beat Sunderland we have a great chance... :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ole:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I'm in shock!

?

You said something negative about Malky :shock:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I'm in shock!

?

You said something negative about Malky :shock:

Nat, I've never said Malky was perfect :lol: :thumbup:

Still deserves a knighthood :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Assuming Norwich lose to Liverpool and next week at Old Trafford...Then we beat Sunderland, who never do as well against the lower placed teams and we're out of the relegation zone :D

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 pm

I don't agree with Annis on lots of things but as he says Family come first every time :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Haven't had the benefit of seeing the highlights on MOTD yet but I think I must have watched a different game to some on here. We contained Stoke in the first half by being pretty negative and concentrating on defending (just like against Southampton) but given the way we have conceded goals all season that is good. It was unfortunate to have the penalty given against us at the end of the first half but thankfully it produced a positive reaction for the first ten minutes or so in the 2nd half when IMO that was the only time Cardiff dominated the game. Had the 2nd goal not been disallowed I felt we could have won it. But for the last half hour I thought Stoke had more possession, territory and chances and several people I spoke to on the way out agreed that we should be happy with a point in the circs. Marshall again made a fantastic save and was dominant in the box, not easy with Crouch and co in there. The defense looks more solid. The midfield is still lightweight, they lay off people when they should be in their faces, they are playing to orders I assume so don't get forward in support when we break. Campbell does a lot of donkey work but he is not a finisher - did anyone else notice in the warm-up how many of his shots went wide or over the bar? He falls over so many times. Could he have stayed on his feet when he had that chance in the 2nd half? Let's hope Cardiff can repeat the Southampton result against both of the 2 North East teams. Unfortunately, IF Cardiff go down it will be the home form that is the reason.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will be back for Sunderland away,but I don't have to answer to u or no one regarding when I go away with my family, I've missed about 6 games this season and yes because I chose to be with my family
:thumbup:

Only last week u accused me of slagging our fans off on the radio,but once u were proved that u were wrong,u just hid away once again :roll:

well said Annis this guy must be a bigger wind up than me :lol: family should always come first :thumbright:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 pm

If you were offered 4 points Annis from Stoke and Southampton you bite someones hand off, the way we done it was strange but there we go.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 am

simpso wrote:Too many lazy players like Mutch on the pitch... Fair enough, he can score a goal but his trotting about like a race horse in the show arena when we need tracking back is beyond a joke!!!

Medel is NOT fit - sort him out by next week or drop him....

I still believe though - come on City!!!

Race horses in show arena? - You are clearly a football fan and not a racing fan! :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 am

Mutch didn't look fit, he's been off the boil but he looked not in the slightest match fit by a far way.