Once again gave it away, Sorry but I honestly can't

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Cardiff City 1 Stoke City 1

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121450

You can shout me down, but not good enough in my opinion and I honestly can't now see us staying up, other than a miracle.

Sorry but we needed a win today that's what really matters in my in my opinion, you need to win your home games and especially against a team like Stoke who had nothing to play for.

Yes we put a battling performance in today,but it's the 3pts we needed end off.

Daehli and Fabio were excellent today and Daehli ran for every ball and he is genuine class, I honestly would not of taken them of.

Once again David Marshall made a fantastic save to get us the point in injury time.

No I wasn't there today I am with my family in Spain, but I watched every second of it. I will be back for Sunderland away on Carl's coaches, now we need more than a miracle in my opinion.

Santa Ponsa bookies are laughing Mallo and I done our money on Cardiff :cry:

But roll on Sunderland away, I prey we win and others lose :thumbup: :bluescarf:

All Opinions Welcome :thumbup:

Updated Premier League Table
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Once again gave it away, Sorry but I honestly can't

Postby CitySteve » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City 1 Stoke City 1

You can shout me down, but not good enough in my opinion and I honestly can't now see us staying up, other than a miracle.

Sorry but we needed a win today that's what really matters in my in my opinion, you need to win your home games and especially against a team like Stoke who had nothing to play for.

Daehli and Fabio were excellent today and Daehli ran for every ball and he is genuine class, I honestly would not of taken them of.

Once again David Marshall made a fantastic save to get us the point in injury time.

No I wasn't there today I am with my family in Spain, but I watched every second of it. I will be back for Sunderland away on Carl's coaches, now we need more than a miracle in my opinion.

Santa Pinsa bookies are laughing Mallo and I done our money :cry:

But roll on Sunderland away, I prey we win and others lose :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Not an excuse I know but we were undone by the Officials yet again. Still can be done though 7pts from 3 games is a minimum :thumbup:
CitySteve

Postby KWest » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Jesus, Norwich aren't going to win another game (touch wood) or even get another point probably, so if our form is better than Fulham's we will likely stay up. Sure, we are still gonna be favourites to go down, but we are still in the mixer.

We were better than Stoke today, and in my opinion we were robbed of our second goal. Either way, a point is better than nothing. And quite frankly this point was against a much tougher Stoke team than who we got a point off a few months ago.
KWest

Postby simpso » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Too many lazy players like Mutch on the pitch... Fair enough, he can score a goal but his trotting about like a race horse in the show arena when we need tracking back is beyond a joke!!!

Medel is NOT fit - sort him out by next week or drop him....

I still believe though - come on City!!!
simpso

Postby joakim » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Didn't need to win this match at all.
joakim

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Oddly I give you more of a chance to survive now than I did before it.

4 points from 3 games and you will survive IMO and the next 2 away games could bring that before the tricky chelsea.

Newcastle have now lost 8 of last 11 at St James Park. :shock:
Roathy - the football forum philanthropist...

Total amount of bets won for Cancer Research UK so far:- £5
Total amount of bets lost - £0

***85harj is Mario be warned***
Roath_Magic_

Postby markd » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

joakim wrote:Didn't need to win this match at all.

i think we had to win every match :bluescarf:
markd

Postby Kenfig Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Agree that it was thrown away, why malky signed that bag of garbage kim i dont.know. Campbell has.been getting worse not better, just not prem standard. Daelhi, cala and fabio were the standout players today
MALKY MACKAY TRANSFER GENIUS 2013/2014
Kenfig Blue

Postby Cardiffmad » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Stating the obvious again.
Cardiffmad

Postby Fusilier23 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

This was the game I was worried about - would have preferred 3 points but Howard Webb did not want it to happen..really think we can win next 2 games :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby VinnyLiar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 pm

I refer you to this thread viewtopic.php?p=1465728#p1465728 :ole:
I'm not a WUM hehehe. Attention all MODS, please don't attempt to edit any of my posts as I take a screenshot of them, don't want to make you look silly :)
VinnyLiar

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 pm

We need a goal scorer, simple as that.
Welshman in CA

Postby Tan Out » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:53 pm

1 more win will put us above Norwich who won't get anything for the rest of the season the rest depends on how filial and sunderland perform
Tan tan wherever you may be,
We hate the fact you're into sodomy,
It could be worse, you could be jack,
Shaving hair off your girlfriends back.
Tan Out

Postby nubbsy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Usual agree with most of your posts mate, but all we need to do is win one more game than Fulhamand Norwich and we stay up now we've got that point. Daehli was class but went quiet second half and we needed the extra striker on and Jones done alright IMO. Yeah ideally 3 points would have been great but I believe a win at Sunderland and another draw could squeeze it.

Keep the faith :bluescarf:
nubbsy

Postby Aramore » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Plastic not watching the team in the stadium.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby Meatloaf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Yes we were good enough today the ref cost us :thumbup:
Meatloaf

Postby BLUEUSA » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 pm

IMO we need to get 5 more points to stay up. Today, as with the whole season, we were very bad in creating chances and I have to agree that we desperately need a goal scorer before next season.

However, we were not helped today by Howard Webb and his team. Their penalty was OK if you believe that Kim deliberately meant to foul PO and that PO didn't go looking for it. Our penalty was absolutely a penalty.

As for the disallowed goal, as I saw it this is what happened.

Caulker took a shot and, at that point, Juan Cala was standing in an offside position but not interfering with play. The ball passed the keeper, hit the post, and rebounded off the keeper back to Cala who hit the ball into the net. Surely the keeper played Cala onside when the ball rebounded off him. Caulker did not play the ball to Cala but, I believe, it was the linesman who called the offside.
BLUEUSA

Postby PartyWithOle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Stoke are in form and in high spirits, a draw isn't deal but as long as our rivals pick up minimal points its no points dropped. We can beat Sunderland away and we've already beaten Newcastle away this season. Probably more or less down but can't fault the effort
PartyWithOle

Postby simon1927 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Fishing for bites, give it a rest Annis your negativity is boring
simon1927

Postby BlueView » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm

We've has no effective striker all season, where ever we are next, down I fear, we need a new strike force. Mind how many of the current squad stay is another matter.

While Campbell has been upfront on his own for most of our games he switched off far too much.
To bake a Swan - Scald it and take out the bones, parboil it, season it very well with Pepper, Salt and Ginger, lard it, put it in a deep Coffin of Rye Paste with store of Butter, close it and bake it very well, and when it is baked.
BlueView

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Very surprised by your negativity Annis, thought we played well today, very well against an in form team. We controlled long periods and very unlucky not to win game. Should have had another pen, hit the woodwork twice and a goal disallowed. The red was shocking today. Today is the first time in a long time, maybe even this season that I felt we deserved to win.

Very close now, that point maybe vital. Things looking a lot better than they did. And if you could pick anyone to have two away games against surely it would be Newcastle and Sunderland.
2blue2handle

Postby Kenfig Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

simon1927 wrote:Fishing for bites, give it a rest Annis your negativity is boring

Agree he's fishing for bites. A draw at home to a strong stoke team is good and keeps us well in the game to stay up.
Kenfig Blue

Postby PartyWithOle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:36 pm

simon1927 wrote:Fishing for bites, give it a rest Annis your negativity is boring

They're 4th in the form table yet it's a bad result apparently
PartyWithOle

Postby nubbsy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Usual agree with most of your posts mate, but all we need to do is win one more game than Fulhamand Norwich and we stay up now we've got that point. Daehli was class but went quiet second half and we needed the extra striker on and Jones done alright IMO. Yeah ideally 3 points would have been great but I believe a win at Sunderland and another draw could squeeze it.

Keep the faith :bluescarf:
nubbsy

Postby Natman Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very surprised by your negativity Annis, thought we played well today, very well against an in form team. We controlled long periods and very unlucky not to win game. Should have had another pen, hit the woodwork twice and a goal disallowed. The red was shocking today. Today is the first time in a long time, maybe even this season that I felt we deserved to win.

Very close now, that point maybe vital. Things looking a lot better than they did. And if you could pick anyone to have two away games against surely it would be Newcastle and Sunderland.

Really? Your surprised!
Album: "Pieced Together by trial and Error"
Listen to the tracks, check out the blogs, buy the album and join the message board:
http://www.therollingseas.com
Also on I-Tunes and Amazon
Natman Blue

Postby LonCar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Could have won it today could have a couple of goals in the first half. Mutch had an open goal, should have put it away. For 70-80 minutes we dominated the game. At the end we faded and allowed Stoke to dominate. Obviously we are suffering from the lack of a goalscorer but the team as whole also needs to move faster in attack. It can't be only Daehli and Fabio doing this as they run out of options. On a positive note we played well as a team, kept the shape, defended well. The team was pressing high and didn't allow Stoke to play their game. Definetly one of our most disciplined games under OGS. Hopefully we can build on this performance and go to sunderland with confidence.
LonCar

Postby Kenfig Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very surprised by your negativity Annis, thought we played well today, very well against an in form team. We controlled long periods and very unlucky not to win game. Should have had another pen, hit the woodwork twice and a goal disallowed. The red was shocking today. Today is the first time in a long time, maybe even this season that I felt we deserved to win.

Spot on. Besides of course score, I can't see what much else we could of done today with the players we had at our disposal. Not really much impact to come on from the bench. Besides Zaha, we haven't really got any1 who can come on and change a game. To me we deserved to win, but that's how it goes when your playing a strong team like stoke and a point is not to be choked at. I would honestly say Newcastle and Sunderland are more winnable games than stoke ever was. And it's not to say we cannot nick a point of Chelsea in the last game.
Kenfig Blue

Postby Liles93 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Annis, it really all comes down to the Sunderland game now. If Norwich lose to Liverpool and United we have a chance! Keep the faith, we've come so far, we must fight now!
Liles93

Postby JetNorwegian » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Its NOT a miracle to beat Sunderland OR Newcastle and stay in the PL.. :?:
JetNorwegian

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:42 pm

I've just read all your views and I respect everyone of them,but please just look at Sunderlands last 2 results incl tonight's at Chealsea's
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat