Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Oh Howard Webb..

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Does what he does best! Undeserved, looks like our luck has turned against us so far. Let's see what the second half will bring. Thoughts?

Re: Oh Howard Webb..

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm

BlueNorwegian wrote:Does what he does best! Undeserved, looks like our luck has turned against us so far. Let's see what the second half will bring. Thoughts?

He hesitated giving the Penalty which suggests he had bottled it. Cost us big time!! :evil: :x

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Don't worry he's sorted it out :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:08 pm

He's a first class ####. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Awful awful awful

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Didn't think ours was a pen either in all honesty.

Think he realised he'd fucked up and balanced things out.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Aramore wrote:Didn't think ours was a pen either in all honesty.

totally agree. Although two wrongs don't make a right. Did he disallow the winner or was it 100% linesman? The Stoke players didn't seem to react when the ball went in so it seems to me they had accepted the goal?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm

We should have had a second pen.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:

totally agree. Although two wrongs don't make a right. Did he disallow the winner or was it 100% linesman? The Stoke players didn't seem to react when the ball went in so it seems to me they had accepted the goal?

Linesman but he looked offside to me when he knocked it in so I looked straight to the linesman. I'm sat on 112 so fairly in line with the 6 yard box

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Aramore wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:

Linesman but he looked offside to me when he knocked it in so I looked straight to the linesman. I'm sat on 112 so fairly in line with the 6 yard box

That's good enough for me. I'm right on the half way line (Bobbbank side) so it was difficult to tell. That said I COULD see Caulker nearly garrotted by his own shirt from a corner we had. Yes shirt pulling goes on all day but fook me I half expected his head to roll into the net whilst his body hit the penalty spot!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:
That's good enough for me. I'm right on the half way line (Bobbbank side) so it was difficult to tell. That said I COULD see Caulker nearly garrotted by his own shirt from a corner we had. Yes shirt pulling goes on all day but fook me I half expected his head to roll into the net whilst his body hit the penalty spot!

Never thought I'd see the word "garrotted" on this forum. Well done :notworthy:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:
Aramore wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:

3 players stopping his runs,and all 3 pushing,shoving and shirt pulling,corner after corner.Webb just ignores it all

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Abysmal. If that is the best the FA can offer for the world cup then it is a very sad state of affairs for the Premier League.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Cardiff 1 - Stoke 1: Howard Webb the star of the show as he gives two dodgy penalties
NO DOUBT there was a letter of complaint from Cardiff chiefs already winging its way to the Premier League.

After all, Howard Webb’s 45th-minute decision to award Stoke a penalty did look decidedly dodgy.

Yet almost immediately the Bluebirds’ madcap owner Vincent Tan, who likes to blame anyone but himself for the mess his club are in, was probably wondering how to thank the most experienced ref in England for evening up proceedings.

For if Stoke’s spot-kick, converted by Marko Arnautovic, was soft, then so too was the one Peter Whittingham stuck six minutes later to earn Cardiff a point from this explosive clash.

Two wrongs do not make a right unless you are Webb, who left here last night knowing his hotly-disputed interventions did not cost one side more than the other.

That will be of scant consolation to the home fans, though, as they look at the bottom of the table today and realise it will probably take two wins from the final three games to retain elite status.

Victory over the in-form Potters would have taken them out of the drop zone but instead they remain in 18th place, two points from safety.

Both bosses refused to blame Webb even if unhappy with the decisions that went against them.

Cardiff chief Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “I have seen the replay of Stoke’s penalty and still believe what I thought at the time – it wasn’t a penalty.

“But I appreciate it’s very diffi cult for Howard to make a split-second decision. He doesn’t get loads of replays like us.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -penalties