Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stoke City will put deluded Cardiff back in their place

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

What an absolute tw*t bag this guy is

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/19/stoke-cit ... e-4703184/

A few days ago, the Wales Online website published an article ahead of Stoke’s journey to Cardiff City this weekend.

As this article popped up on my news feed, and I had a spare few minutes whilst I ate my lunch in work, I thought I’d give it a read.

The first couple of paragraphs were interesting – discussing Peter Odemwingie’s recent comments about the lack of quality in South Wales compared to the limelight of the Potteries. Then, unsurprisingly, the article went on to analyse and compare the two teams.

Fortunately, at this point, I’d already eaten my sandwich – else there’d have been a slightly unfortunate choking incident.

Laughably, according to this particular journalist, Cardiff outrank Stoke in all positions bar a couple.

Yes, that’s right.

Asmir Begovic? Not as good as David Marshall apparently (which goalkeeper is going to the World Cup, after being named his country’s sportsman of the year?).

Gary Medel is superior to Glenn Whelan, too – who has ‘vast experience’, and more than 50 caps for Ireland. But that doesn’t count for anything.

Fraizer Campbell is as good as Peter Crouch, whilst Wilfried Zaha is better than Peter Odemwingie.

The delusion is beyond belief.

Such is the insanity of the article, one can only presume that the author believed it was April 1. It is typically this type of article, however, that the Stoke squad themselves always seem to draw energy, encouragement and determination from.

I refuse to analyse and compare each individual player; each has their own strengths and weaknesses that are next-to-impossible to analyse without watching them day-in day-out.

The league table, though, doesn’t lie.

Stoke are in the top 10 of England’s best teams. Cardiff are currently the 19th best team. We have scored more goals, and conceded fewer. That is why we sit so far ahead of the Bluebirds-in-Red, that we can’t finish below them this season.

For some reason, Cardiff aspire to beat Stoke – a rivalry from our days in the third division continues to exist; even when they signed our two ‘best’ players, it was less than 12-months before we left them behind.

We are Stoke. We are better than Cardiff. This weekend will prove that once again.

Re: Stoke City will put deluded Cardiff back in their place

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Ooooops!how much better??? #dontcountyourchickensbeforetheyhatch.with love,CARDIFF CITY!!