Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City Youth Player

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:00 am

did anybody see the article in The Sun newspaper.
'KOP HUNT WHIZKID'
Liverpool and Fulham supposedly chasing an U16 Welsh CB at Bristol City.
Have Cardiff shown any interest

Re: Bristol City Youth Player

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 am

Nope, I think this may have been the player Liverpool were chasing last year before he signed a new contract.

We haven't and I doubt we will.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 am

Bound to be Aaron Davies. Class lad and player.

Cardiff lad

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 am

Daya wrote:Bound to be Aaron Davies. Class lad and player.

Cardiff lad

Known his dad Paul for years. Didn't realise he was doing that well fair play to him.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 am

I believe Aron Davies was offered a pro at 15.Seen him once or twice for Bristol.Strong and powerful , excellent ball player for a CB.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Cardiff have shown no intrest bit of a shame as he is a local lad has been tagged the Welsh Alan Hansen by Chris Coleman i know Swansea have put a big bid in for him. :ugeek:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Don't know much about Aaron Davies. Hopefully he has a healthy international future in years to come.

Joe Morrell would be the Brizzle youth player I would most want to poach. Looks similar to Daehli in playing style. I have high hopes for him. A lot of very good centre mids coming through for Wales.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Aron Davies is Bristol's most promising U16 I'm told, took the place of 1st year pros in FA Youth Cup games..Played Wales U17 at 15 years old. He is rated very highly by a lot of Premier league clubs. Hopefully all works out and he fulfills his potential and has good career.Going go back to original question ,shouldn't Cardiff be looking at lads like this. Swans are now very active in Cardiff area.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

razor05 wrote:Aron Davies is Bristol's most promising U16 I'm told, took the place of 1st year pros in FA Youth Cup games..Played Wales U17 at 15 years old. He is rated very highly by a lot of Premier league clubs. Hopefully all works out and he fulfills his potential and has good career.Going go back to original question ,shouldn't Cardiff be looking at lads like this. Swans are now very active in Cardiff area.

Not sure where you have heard this from but he didn't replace any 1st yer pros in the youth cup the only reason he played against accrington was because there normal centre half a lad called jack batten was injured .
In that game he was at fault for 2 of the goals basic errors can be seen on YouTube.
Further to this he had only played twice for the bristol 18s and he is nowhere near the u21s .
Bristol city have a young lad called Zak vyner who is 3 times the player Aron is this is why bristol are willing for him to go

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 pm

your going off track here abit.i'm not saying Davies is better then anyone but if clubs like Liverpool, fulham etc are looking at him then shouldn't Cardiiff be. He is after all a local lad and taking the place of Cardiff players in Welsh U17 squad that says something. Zac Vyner is a decent player at Bristol but didn't play up much at U16 either.Davies will probably play a lot of U21 games next year as they will want to push his development to.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Just for everybody info ref Brissle players.There are 4 they rate highly.J Batten,J Morrell,A Davies & G Dowling.Z Vyner was one of the last to receive a scholarship when they were being handed out last year.the 4 lads mentioned all received them very early.Whilst Zac has developed quite well this year they do not feel he has as much potential as Aron at CB.(POTENTIAL that is).And as for FA Youth Cup Aron partnered Zac in 1st game against Newport( Batten was fit).Aron played alongside J Batten in 2nd Game,3rd game Aron was away with Wales17 and yes Aron played against Accrington because J Batten was injured. If you watch video of Accrington game Aron did give the foul away for 2nd goal but freekick should have been saved.Bristol thought he was one of the better players in a poor Bristol performance. I'm not trying to be cocky but facts are facts.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 pm

PS I believe J Morrell & A Davies would be good additions to our U18's and would push for U21 places.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 pm

welshwiz wrote:Just for everybody info ref Brissle players.There are 4 they rate highly.J Batten,J Morrell,A Davies & G Dowling.Z Vyner was one of the last to receive a scholarship when they were being handed out last year.the 4 lads mentioned all received them very early.Whilst Zac has developed quite well this year they do not feel he has as much potential as Aron at CB.(POTENTIAL that is).And as for FA Youth Cup Aron partnered Zac in 1st game against Newport( Batten was fit).Aron played alongside J Batten in 2nd Game,3rd game Aron was away with Wales17 and yes Aron played against Accrington because J Batten was injured. If you watch video of Accrington game Aron did give the foul away for 2nd goal but freekick should have been saved.Bristol thought he was one of the better players in a poor Bristol performance. I'm not trying to be cocky but facts are facts.

Wasn't even in selected in the squad for the first brentford game he gets caught out as he has no pace !
What's the reason for him not playing for the 18s this year I'm aware he has played twice
You should know this as h are his dad lol

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:05 am

i'm not his dad but yes I know him very well. He was not selected for Brentford game because of welsh selection and may not have been anyway, who knows. I'm not getting into an argument about Aron. All i.m saying is in my OPINION Cardiff should be looking at Welsh lads who are better than they got.