Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OLE : I HAVE NO REGRETS

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 am

Walesonline

Saturday April 19th 2014

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does not regret letting Peter Odemwingie leave Cardiff

The former West Brom striker joined Stoke in January having scored only twice for the Bluebirds in 17 games, since arriving last summer.

The deal saw Kenwyne Jones move the other way.

Since moving to south Wales, Jones has managed only one goal in eight games, while Odemwingie has four in 11 for the Potters and will be out to send Cardiff a step closer to the drop this afternoon.

Solskjaer said; "When players move away from a club, they sometimes have a point to prove.

"But then again, I don't think this is the case.

"First of all, I am looking forward to meeting Peter. He is a good lad, a very good player and has done really well for them.

"There are certainly no regrets in letting him go. That's football. You move on.

Re: OLE : I HAVE NO REGRETS

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:30 am

If Odemwingie scores the winning goal today that will just about sum up our season.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 am

Bakedalasker wrote:If Odemwingie scores the winning goal today that will just about sum up our season.

I think that's odds on to happen as most ex city players seem to come back to score agaist us :laughing6:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 am

Well I don't rate Kenwyne Jones even if he scored the winner for us today, I still won rate him.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:Well I don't rate Kenwyne Jones even if he scored the winner for us today, I still won rate him.

We agree on something because i dont rate him either

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 pm

I think they ate both rubbish
But watch odemthingy get a hat trick

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Daehlie and Mutch need to be in top form today

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Well I don't rate Kenwyne Jones even if he scored the winner for us today, I still won rate him.

We agree on something because i dont rate him either

:thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 pm

If we kept Odemwingie and signed Kenwyne as well we'd be in a better position. Milky played Odemwingie on the wing and as a targetman when he's clearly a poacher

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:If we kept Odemwingie and signed Kenwyne as well we'd be in a better position. Milky played Odemwingie on the wing and as a targetman when he's clearly a poacher

Sir Malky to you :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:If we kept Odemwingie and signed Kenwyne as well we'd be in a better position. Milky played Odemwingie on the wing and as a targetman when he's clearly a poacher

:lol: No he isn't. His best position is on the wing hence why he scored so many at WBA playing on the right of a 4-3-3 and now he is scoring for Stoke on the right of a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with someone like Crouch playing him in.

A poacher is someone like Hernandez. Awful link-up play and goes missing most of the game then he scores at the right time because of his ability to sniff out chances. Odemwingie does more than that.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 pm

I regret OGS got the Passenger for Odemwhinger. PO didnt do much for City, but KJ has done next to nothing. (That said he seemed to put in a little more effort in his brief appearance today).
I see Cornelius scored a penalty today. As I said before, we should have kept AC as a player with potential who scored in the Danish league rather than KJ who has disappointed throughout his career and has a poor scoring record.
:thumbup:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sir Milky the hoofman

Sir Malky to you :thumbup: