Little bit of Photoshop

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Little bit of Photoshop

Postby Nevs 28 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Hey guys, i'm a student in college doing graphics and was on photoshop, just wanted to here your opinions on the pic! not perfect but there you go! the picture isn't mine but the effects are! :ayatollah:
Attachments
Juan Cala.png
Juan Cala.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2675 times
He does what he wants,
He does what he wants,
Peter Whittingham,
He does what he wants!
Nevs 28

Little bit of Photoshop

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Little bit of Photoshop

Postby The Welsh Dragon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:58 pm

The Welsh Dragon

Postby lostkid » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:09 am

you never covered the wrexham crest :D :D :D :ayatollah:
lostkid

Postby karlmpayne » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 am

Looks good nevs :bluescarf:
karlmpayne

Postby JamesC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 am

very basic work though, try deigning your own font & effect instead of just adding gradients to stock fonts.

What was the project? Or is it just playing round with PS at home?
GrangeEndStar on David Marshall wrote:World class keeper. I imagine that even when he goes for a shit, he often ends up with a clean-sheet.
JamesC

Postby Nevs 28 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 am

JamesC wrote:very basic work though, try deigning your own font & effect instead of just adding gradients to stock fonts.

I know it's simple, that's the key to it! Just Always be blue! :bluescarf: And I was just bored last night thought I would have ago like :ayatollah:
He does what he wants,
He does what he wants,
Peter Whittingham,
He does what he wants!
Nevs 28

Postby Green Arrow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Nevs 28 wrote:
JamesC wrote:very basic work though, try deigning your own font & effect instead of just adding gradients to stock fonts.

I know it's simple, that's the key to it! Just Always be blue! :bluescarf: And I was just bored last night thought I would have ago like :ayatollah:

Good work fella. At least you've got the self motivation to learn it yourself so keep going. Im self taught with the Adobe Creation Suite as I wanted to improve my web design/development. Nothing better than learning things yourself and seeing it pay off when people appreciate your work. The key is to start simple and build on it. Nobody runs before they can walk.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Green Arrow

Postby Svenman87 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Yeah pretty good effect on the image, but it's being dragged down imo by the font at the moment - just looks out of place a bit?

Good work regardless though - keep it up!
Svenman87

Postby Nevs 28 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Green Arrow wrote:
Nevs 28 wrote:

Good work fella. At least you've got the self motivation to learn it yourself so keep going. Im self taught with the Adobe Creation Suite as I wanted to improve my web design/development. Nothing better than learning things yourself and seeing it pay off when people appreciate your work. The key is to start simple and build on it. Nobody runs before they can walk.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I've done quite a few of these to be honest, just felt like this is the best one that I have done. Thank you for the feed back, and I have recently done web design in the course that i'm doing and its fair to say that its takes a lot of patience! :lol:
He does what he wants,
He does what he wants,
Peter Whittingham,
He does what he wants!
Nevs 28

Postby JamesC » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Don't get me wrong, it's the basics done right, and PS is an amazing tool when you get into it, I loved designing things on there, became a big hobby of mine. It was just feedback, because obviously if it was for something more than just yourself, then it would've needed more.

I echo what's said above, keep at it though. There's loads of good free PS tutorials online
GrangeEndStar on David Marshall wrote:World class keeper. I imagine that even when he goes for a shit, he often ends up with a clean-sheet.
JamesC

Postby Nevs 28 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 pm

JamesC wrote:Don't get me wrong, it's the basics done right, and PS is an amazing tool when you get into it, I loved designing things on there, became a big hobby of mine. It was just feedback, because obviously if it was for something more than just yourself, then it would've needed more.

I echo what's said above, keep at it though. There's loads of good free PS tutorials online

Thank you for the feedback :ayatollah: and i agree, i could see many hours of my life devoted to photoshop soon :lol:
He does what he wants,
He does what he wants,
Peter Whittingham,
He does what he wants!
Nevs 28

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Nice. :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:28 pm

I like it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Green Arrow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:43 pm

JamesC wrote:Don't get me wrong, it's the basics done right, and PS is an amazing tool when you get into it, I loved designing things on there, became a big hobby of mine. It was just feedback, because obviously if it was for something more than just yourself, then it would've needed more.

Have to agree with this too whilst adding to what I previously said. A good thing to do is play the role of your customer and ask yourself, 'what would they want?', and then apply that to your work. It's easier said than done and sometimes just asking a mate or something over Facebook to give some feedback helps. Facebook now lets you send files so send it to one or two mates to get some feedback on it and then work with that and you'll often have a better end product.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Green Arrow

Return to General Chat