Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE CAN DO BOTH. "

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138923 :bluescarf:

I am proud when I see the 'sea of blue' on 19:27 at recent games and I actually believe it helps with generating an atmosphere, there are not many times throughout the 90 minutes when City fans are in unison but the 19:27 display helps with that.

Also I am all for fans getting behind the team and supporting them to the very end.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138923 :thumbup:

Against the top 6 sides we have played this season the atmosphere has been excellent and I wonder if that is down to the fact as supporters we expect nothing from the game and against teams we hope to get something from the atmosphere has been nowhere near the level it should be.

We can blame stewards, new fans, opponents etc but the truth is it is down to us, sitting, standing against Stoke or Man City we should be together as one, behind the team.

When they are not playing as good as we hope or the scoreline is not going as we think it should we need to raise the level within the walls of the stadium and get behind the boys.

We can do that from the first minute to the last and at 19:27 we can show the world that we will always be blue.

If you are at the game against Stoke you have a choice and that is to either give all you got for 90 minutes for the last Premier League in which we expect to get something from or you can sit in your seat silently and hope that others get it going.

Re: WE CAN DO BOTH

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:50 pm

with you all the way mate when u see the the supporters in spain and Italy we are light years behind them they really enjoy themselves and it definately helps the team its called passion . :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 pm

I agree

it looks good but it doesn't help the atmosphere in the slightest.

much like our team, at home, our fans only get up for the big games.

for the first 10-15 minutes of the game against Palace our fans were an absolute shambles, nothing, Palace creating loads
of atmosphere and nothing from us, just a load of nodding dogs waiting for 19 minutes so they could hold up their scarfs, sing, we will always be blue, and then be quiet as mice again.

not even an excuse that they scored an early goal as they didn't score their first till the 30th minute.

its time for people to stope finding excuses and for our fans to create an atmosphere regardless of the opposition from the minute the whistle blows.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes, alot of post have been made the past week on fans going mental for 90 mins. Keep focus on that tiny second of sea of blue, why dont you? The TEAM needs the best ccs have ever been! Wankers! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am proud when I see the 'sea of blue' on 19:27 at recent games and I actually believe it helps with generating an atmosphere, there are not many times throughout the 90 minutes when City fans are in unison but the 19:27 display helps with that.

Also I am all for fans getting behind the team and supporting them to the very end.

Against the top 6 sides we have played this season the atmosphere has been excellent and I wonder if that is down to the fact as supporters we expect nothing from the game and against teams we hope to get something from the atmosphere has been nowhere near the level it should be.

We can blame stewards, new fans, opponents etc but the truth is it is down to us, sitting, standing against Stoke or Man City we should be together as one, behind the team.

When they are not playing as good as we hope or the scoreline is not going as we think it should we need to raise the level within the walls of the stadium and get behind the boys.

We can do that from the first minute to the last and at 19:27 we can show the world that we will always be blue.

If you are at the game against Stoke you have a choice and that is to either give all you got for 90 minutes for the last Premier League in which we expect to get something from or you can sit in your seat silently and hope that others get it going.

The ninian stand near the away fans need to back the team they offer no support whatsoever even when taunted. They have dropped behind the family stand in terms of atmosphere :laughing6:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Jinks wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I am proud when I see the 'sea of blue' on 19:27 at recent games and I actually believe it helps with generating an atmosphere, there are not many times throughout the 90 minutes when City fans are in unison but the 19:27 display helps with that.

The ninian stand near the away fans need to back the team they offer no support whatsoever even when taunted. They have dropped behind the family stand in terms of atmosphere :laughing6:

Are you suggesting that Annis and Co have turned into a right bunch of pussies?? :o :laughing6: :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup: :notworthy:

Re: " WE CAN DO BOTH. "

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138923 :bluescarf:

I am proud when I see the 'sea of blue' on 19:27 at recent games and I actually believe it helps with generating an atmosphere, there are not many times throughout the 90 minutes when City fans are in unison but the 19:27 display helps with that.

Spot on Carlos

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm

Simonella wrote:Yes, alot of post have been made the past week on fans going mental for 90 mins. Keep focus on that tiny second of sea of blue, why dont you? The TEAM needs the best ccs have ever been! Wankers! :ayatollah:

:sleepy2: the two aren't mutually exclusive. :thumbup:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Jinks wrote:

Are you suggesting that Annis and Co have turned into a right bunch of pussies?? :o :laughing6: :bluescarf:

Jinks forgets something, we get told to sit down as soon as we get the atmosphere going, but we never give up and there might be only a few of us, but we always give it our best :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:
Jinks wrote:

Jinks forgets something, we get told to sit down as soon as we get the atmosphere going, but we never give up and there might be only a few of us, but we always give it our best :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Last few games fans have stood for long periods of time but no singing. its not just me but quite a few around me have mentioned the ninian stand near the away end standing but not singing . hope theres good vocal support from there tomorrow :thumbup:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138923 :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:12 am

In my view thats all fans care about these days is raising they're scarfs at 19:27 until then its like a church!!! Sad really, in my opinion we need to get behind the team especially now we are in the relegation zone!! Sorry if you disagree!!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Carlos

If you could just link to that other thread again that'd be great. I'm not sure I caught it the first 3 times........ ££££££££££ :thumbright:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 am

splott bluebird wrote:with you all the way mate when u see the the supporters in spain and Italy we are light years behind them they really enjoy themselves and it definately helps the team its called passion . :bluescarf:

Agree, and when I go to my team in 5 th division, Barnet fc London, there is more support and singing , more athmosphere from 3-4000 people than in CCS .Never do u hear booing or moaning at the home teams players as well.
I hope the team gets good support vs Stoke from 27000 people, it Could very well be the difference from 0-3points,
in a tigth match . The away section in Southampton did a good job with 2400 people, why cant it be better with 27000.? Also if we get under a goal and need help and support to figth back. 90 min the team needs us if ccfc should be playing in PL next year . A massive support will give us guts and spirit on the pitch, and 3 points in the end :)
When Norwich , fulham and sunderland have lost, maybe also swansea:), City will be in very, very good position again! :P
Good luck to the team vs Stoke. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ole: :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:35 am

Why don't we have a list of songs + chants sung in the same order for the first and last 15 minutes of each half. The 15 minutes in between in each half could then be used for the songs + chants relevant to the team we're playing against. See post :-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134800

Also, we could use my revised Super Cala chant, post number 6 :-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139819

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 am

Jinks, i sit in DD 117 and there is only a small group who stay standing and want to sing. The problem is 118. That block is 90% sat down and filled with scool kids and malaysion kids in large numbers which simply adds nothing to atmosphere and they are right next to away fans.

Ploy by the club obviously

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Carlos

If you could just link to that other thread again that'd be great. I'm not sure I caught it the first 3 times........ ££££££££££ :thumbright:

Here NJ :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 am

Daio85 wrote:Jinks, i sit in DD 117 and there is only a small group who stay standing and want to sing. The problem is 118. That block is 90% sat down and filled with scool kids and malaysion kids in large numbers which simply adds nothing to atmosphere and they are right next to away fans.

Correct, the club have gone out there way to silence our area.

As it happens I never hear Jinks sing :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Daio85 wrote:Jinks, i sit in DD 117 and there is only a small group who stay standing and want to sing. The problem is 118. That block is 90% sat down and filled with scool kids and malaysion kids in large numbers which simply adds nothing to atmosphere and they are right next to away fans.

I can imagine that is the last thing you want to hear singing.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I can imagine that is the last thing you want to hear singing.

:lol:

Ian, I hear enough from Jinks on here :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 am

Jinks wrote:Last few games fans have stood for long periods of time but no singing. its not just me but quite a few around me have mentioned the ninian stand near the away end standing but not singing . hope theres good vocal support from there tomorrow :thumbup:

Well that's nonsense, because anyone standing for any length of time is told to sit down or leave. :thumbup: there have been numerous threats of blocking access for persistent standees too. :old:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 am

Couldn't agree more with the OP at the end of the day when I enter the stadium I'm there to support Cardiff City, that's the team, the manager and now more than ever our identity. It's not difficult.

Get it going over in the Ninian, when the Canton and Ninian are in unison it gets the whole stadium rocking. Everyone needs to play their part, back at Ninian Park we used to have 3 strong singing areas, lets pull our fingers out and make the CCS as loud as possible.

Cmon Cityyyyy !! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:13 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Jinks wrote:Last few games fans have stood for long periods of time but no singing. its not just me but quite a few around me have mentioned the ninian stand near the away end standing but not singing . hope theres good vocal support from there tomorrow :thumbup:

Well that's nonsense, because anyone standing for any length of time is told to sit down or leave. :thumbup: there have been numerous threats of blocking access for persistent standees too. :old:

Not saying you haven't as i see stewards trying to get people to sit. but i also see a few sections near the away fans standing for decent amounts of time with no vocal support.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:

We should. Know Alex as were te ones in there :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am

But lets be honest, even though we love it, supporting Cardiff City is a horribly nerve racking rollercoaster exerience which strangely we all enjoy :)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

We should. Know Alex as were te ones in there :thumbup:

Fans in the family stand can see the ninian section by the away fans perfectly :thumbup:
If your left to stand today it should be bouncing then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: