Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff appealing Palace result

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
mjw6150 wrote: but there is indeed a lack of grace towards Ole on here.

& there isn't about Mackay?! Dear me, there's slanderous topics and posts made about Malky on here almost daily! :roll:

You are indeed correct. Malky deserves so much better too - a legend of the club.

Oh please. Malky is a club legend for spunking £50m in the summer on players who didn't make us any better than we were in the championship (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:00 am

Mackay will go down in the club's annals as the first manager for 50 years to take City to the top division.

Just leave it at that eh?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

& there isn't about Mackay?! Dear me, there's slanderous topics and posts made about Malky on here almost daily! :roll:

You are indeed correct. Malky deserves so much better too - a legend of the club.

Oh please. Malky is a club legend for spunking £50m in the summer on players who didn't make us any better than we were in the championship (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

Ye you keep thinking that, spaz.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 am

Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Took us the Carling Cup Final and play-offs as a Championship side having had to rebuilt the squad on little money.
Then had a warchest and won the league by 8 points.

Were Caulker & Medel a waste of money? Cornelius and Brayford were wasted money but I wouldn't say the others necessarily were.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 am

Mario wrote:Pointless. Palace have done nothing wrong. Just Tan being a little bitch as usual.

The man you hired got absolutely schooled on the day, accept it.

Anyone would get schooled if the opposition knew the line up and tactics before the game!!

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 am

They might aswell apeal. They have nothing to loose.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am

Does anyone remember our May 25th 2003 Nationwide Division Two Play-Off Final against QPR held at the Millennium Stadium? QPR were staying at the Celtic Mannor Hotel.

Neil MacNamara, previously a "Security Guard" with Cardiff City (also described as "former minder of Cardiff City Football Club owner Sam Hammam)", set off the fire alarm.

"The life-long Cardiff City football fan was given a five-year match ban after magistrates in Abergavenny decided that the crime was intended to disrupt rivals Queens Park Rangers before their play-off game against Cardiff City. But after his appeal, Cardiff Crown Court later said there was insufficient evidence to prove the incident was connected to football and lifted the ban." :old:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am

Dan234 wrote:They might aswell apeal. They have nothing to loose.

Yeah, all dignity is long gone.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

LOL. It's not just me thinking it, mate. It's the truth. Proof is in the pudding, Hull & Palace both spent waaaay less than we spent and they're showing us up because they bought sensibly. 8 million on a shitty Danish Todd lookalike is in itself unforgivable, 2.5 million on a player who wasn't even warming the bench, again, unforgivable. I'll admit, Malky was great in the championship (but lets not forget that he also spent a huge amount to get us up), but when he reached the prem he made quite a few crucial errors, particularly in the transfer market..

Spaz.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Does anyone remember our May 25th 2003 Nationwide Division Two Play-Off Final against QPR held at the Millennium Stadium? QPR were staying at the Celtic Mannor Hotel.

Neil MacNamara, previously a "Security Guard" with Cardiff City (also described as "former minder of Cardiff City Football Club owner Sam Hammam)", set off the fire alarm.

"The life-long Cardiff City football fan was given a five-year match ban after magistrates in Abergavenny decided that the crime was intended to disrupt rivals Queens Park Rangers before their play-off game against Cardiff City. But after his appeal, Cardiff Crown Court later said there was insufficient evidence to prove the incident was connected to football and lifted the ban." :old:

That was pretty dodgy. Only problem compared to this case is that Neil MacNamara was not an employee with Cardiff at the time of the incident. Cardiff also believe they have the evidence for this.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

Midland Blue wrote:
Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

I'll admit, Malky was great in the championship (but lets not forget that he also spent a huge amount to get us up)

Not as much as Leicester & Blackburn spent and about as much as Hull, Wolves and Forest spent. (Wolves even went down!)

Bet QPR have spent way more to finish in the play-offs this season.

So were Medel & Caulker wastes of money??
Last edited by mjw6150 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

Midland Blue wrote:
Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

LOL. It's not just me thinking it, mate. It's the truth. Proof is in the pudding, Hull & Palace both spent waaaay less than we spent and they're showing us up because they bought sensibly. 8 million on a shitty Danish Todd lookalike is in itself unforgivable, 2.5 million on a player who wasn't even warming the bench, again, unforgivable. I'll admit, Malky was great in the championship (but lets not forget that he also spent a huge amount to get us up), but when he reached the prem he made quite a few crucial errors, particularly in the transfer market..

Spaz.

Ye like Norwich.

Just f**k off. Been over this thousands of times.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Took us the Carling Cup Final and play-offs as a Championship side having had to rebuilt the squad on little money.

Were Caulker & Medel a waste of money? Cornelius and Brayford were wasted money but I wouldn't say the others necessarily were.

Dave Jones took us to the FA cup final and the play-offs multiple seasons in a row, he's not considered a club legend by folks like yourself because he didn't stand on the sideline screaming how he loved Cardiff and the 'fans' all while doing a nice little fist pump. DJ also managed to do it on a similarly shocking budget to Malky, whether DJ would have gotten us up after the injection of cash or not is pure speculation but I believe he would have.

Caulker and Medel may be great players but we paid millions over the odds for them, so I guess yeah, they were a waste of money.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Pochettino is lauded but he spent £15m on a striker who scored three goals and then punched a team mate and probably will never play for them again as a result. Bet they'll lose more than the £5m+wages we ended up losing on Cornelius.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 am

Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Dave Jones took us to the FA cup final and the play-offs multiple seasons in a row, he's not considered a club legend by folks like yourself because he didn't stand on the sideline screaming how he loved Cardiff and the 'fans' all while doing a nice little fist pump. DJ also managed to do it on a similarly shocking budget to Malky, whether DJ would have gotten us up after the injection of cash or not is pure speculation but I believe he would have.

Caulker and Medel may be great players but we paid millions over the odds for them, so I guess yeah, they were a waste of money.

Actually I rate Dave Jones highly and think of him as a legend, too. Might want to ask me first before assuming my opinion.

Caulker was a steal at £9m.
Medel only slightly over the odds himself.

Really Malky only wasted 1/3 of the budget.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Spaz.

Ye like Norwich.

Just f**k off. Been over this thousands of times.

Not sure what you're getting at there, spaz?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Like f**k did we over spend on Caulker.

Stop ruins threads. This is just shit that has been talked about a million times. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

The fact Norwich spent 30 million pound in the summer.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:41 am

PokémonMaster wrote:

I think our dignity had gone a while ago. Don't you?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:42 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Actually I rate Dave Jones highly and think of him as a legend, too. Might want to ask me first before assuming my opinion.

Caulker was a steal at £9m.
Medel only slightly over the odds himself.

Really Malky only wasted 1/3 of the budget.

Apologies for assuming your opinion of a former manager, but surely you'll agree that he's not seen in such a positive light as Malky?

Caulker wasn't a steal at 9m.

Slightly over the odds for Medel? He's a holding midfielder, not the sort of player we should have been spending that much money on. It was clear when we got promoted that we didn't have a strike force capable of troubling premiership opposition. Cornelius was never going to be the answer (and you could tell that from the minute he kicked a ball pre-season), Odemwengie may have helped (after showing what he's capable of at Stoke) but not when he's used in a role that he's not built for.

Even if Malky did 'only' waste 1/3 of the budget, that's still over 10m! Ten million pounds thrown down the drain, for any other business that's unthinkable.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:43 am

Mario wrote:Like f**k did we over spend on Caulker.

Stop ruins threads. This is just shit that has been talked about a million times. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

The fact Norwich spent 30 million pound in the summer.

You're boring me as well so pipe down.

I'm still failing to see the relevance of the Norwich comparison

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Are you retarded?. Norwich spent equal amounts of money and are possibly going down.

9 million for caulker is steal.

This is the most boring conversation I have ever had, can't believe I'm having it. This has been argued mutliple times on here, mostly with Kenfig Blue. You are about 2 weeks late.

Worthless posts that offer nothing.

You don't like mackay, oh well, go dislike him on your own.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 am

what planet are people on?

Caulker may not have been bad business (thought it was 8m btw?) but he certainly wasnt a "steal" and hasnt shown, through his performances that hes worth any more than we paid for him (though this might be down to who is alongside him)

Medel was a little over-priced (going by the 9.5m figure) but its not the cost of him, its that we spend that much on a Defensive midfielder when we needed better players elsewhere!

the fact that some idiot say Malky "only" wasted 1/3 of the budget like its no big deal? that over 10m! Brayford and Cornelius were the obvious wastes, while Odenwinge was wasted in how he was used.

Overall this summer Malkys transfer activity was woeful, i cant imagine why anyone would think any different.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 am

Mario wrote:FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Are you retarded?. Norwich spent equal amounts of money and are possibly going down.

This is the most boring conversation I have ever had, can't believe I'm having it. This has been argued mutliple times on here, mostly with Kenfig Blue. You are about 2 weeks late.

Worthless post because it offer a point of view that isn't yours? OK mate.

Norwich spent £30m, we spent £50m - a difference of 20m which is 2/3 of what Norwich spent in total. We spent way more than Norwich and have been below them for pretty much the whole season...retard.

I'm not forcing you to post, mate, so feel free to scurry off and alleviate your boredom elsewhere.

Retard

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am

Dan234 wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:

yep :lol:

"Cardiff City deny reports they asked Premier League to void defeat against Crystal Palace following spy scandal"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-deny-reports-asked-7001118

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:54 am

Midland Blue wrote:
Mario wrote:FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Norwich spent £30m, we spent £50m - a difference of 20m which is 2/3 of what Norwich spent in total. We spent way more than Norwich and have been below them for pretty much the whole season...retard.

I'm not forcing you to post, mate, so feel free to scurry off and alleviate your boredom elsewhere.

Retard

Ye don't include bonuses and wages into the Norwich spending. That way you'll think you are right :thumbup:

In work butty boy, cba for this.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 am

Mario wrote:
Midland Blue wrote:

Retard

Ye don't include bonuses and wages into the Norwich spending. That way you'll think you are right :thumbup:

In work butty boy, cba for this.

The 30 million figure came from you...

:laughing5:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 am

PokémonMaster wrote:
Dan234 wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:

yep :lol:

"Cardiff City deny reports they asked Premier League to void defeat against Crystal Palace following spy scandal"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-deny-reports-asked-7001118

I think I said earlier that it would be very difficult for a club playing in a competition to delineate what the imposed sanction should be on the other offending club.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 am

Yep. I don't include bonuses and wages in the cardiff spending. sooooooooooooo, they spent about 35 million.

We have players with better sell on value than Norwich.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:58 am

Mario wrote:Yep. I don't include bonuses and wages in the cardiff spending. sooooooooooooo, they spent about 35 million.

We have players with better sell on value than Norwich.

:sleepy2:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 am

The FA won't do anything about the result anyway. I would have rather the club just seek for punishing Palace rather than try and appeal the result as well. We lost fair and square at the end of the day and Ole admitted that