Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City appealing Palace result '

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm

cendl blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
cendl blue wrote:Just when you think your club can't do anything more to embarrass theirselves they throw themselves wholeheartedly into a really pointless and futile attempt to stay up. The reason we lost was we were utter garbage plain and simple. The same as we were against a lot of teams this season. Yet again before a big game there is another distraction not that we need any. Do we use the same public relations guru and advisors that the north Korean premiere does because whoever it is what a plonk. Just let us play our games try to finish the season with a bit of guts and points and stay up that way. I would be gutted if we stayed up because of anything other than accumulating the points rightfully on the pitch. This leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth one only strong bow will alleviate

how are we going to gain points from this situation?

and if you feel something dodgy has happened whats wrong with reporting it?

seriously I dont see how anyone can criticise Cardiffs actions here they believe rules have been broken, they should report it.

Perhaps not gaining points but the talk of replaying the game and deducting points off palace is absurd. I think this type of thing goes on regular and it as to be us who make a big song and dance about it. If the boot was on the other foot and solksjaer got told the team and tactics do you think he would take the moral high ground I don't think so. Any team will take any advantage they can fair means or foul. Rather than blaming palace we should try to understand why any one at our club would want to do this especially how important the game was at the time. The club deserve every bit of criticism they get in my opinion they sound like a spoilt child and really desperate.

why?

ok it might happen all the time and 9 times out of 10 nobody knows about it. However this time someones been caught out and someone has reported. People steal stuff from supermarkets all the time and most of the time they get away with it but when they get caught the book is thrown at them.

Im trying not to pre-empt punishments however

I cant see a replay happening there is no real time left in the season
Points deduction for Palace is possible, however if Sunderland didnt lose points I cant see Palace losing points
A fine in my opinion is the most likely, It will send a message that the PL does not approve of this and it will be punished

assuming Palace is guilty of course

If Palace are innocent then Cardiff will be told their complaint has been investigated and no further action was deemed necessary.

I dont think we are blaming Palace, however they are alleged to be involved and if you want to sack people its a lot easier after an outside body has investigated the situation instead of an internal investigation

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Simonella wrote:
cendl blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
cendl blue wrote:Just when you think your club can't do anything more to embarrass theirselves they throw themselves wholeheartedly into a really pointless and futile attempt to stay up. The reason we lost was we were utter garbage plain and simple. The same as we were against a lot of teams this season. Yet again before a big game there is another distraction not that we need any. Do we use the same public relations guru and advisors that the north Korean premiere does because whoever it is what a plonk. Just let us play our games try to finish the season with a bit of guts and points and stay up that way. I would be gutted if we stayed up because of anything other than accumulating the points rightfully on the pitch. This leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth one only strong bow will alleviate

how are we going to gain points from this situation?

and if you feel something dodgy has happened whats wrong with reporting it?

seriously I dont see how anyone can criticise Cardiffs actions here they believe rules have been broken, they should report it.

Perhaps not gaining points but the talk of replaying the game and deducting points off palace is absurd. I think this type of thing goes on regular and it as to be us who make a big song and dance about it. If the boot was on the other foot and solksjaer got told the team and tactics do you think he would take the moral high ground I don't think so. Any team will take any advantage they can fair means or foul. Rather than blaming palace we should try to understand why any one at our club would want to do this especially how important the game was at the time. The club deserve every bit of criticism they get in my opinion they sound like a spoilt child and really desperate.

If the shoe was on the other foot? If you remember Moody being rejected our directors box and the noise that made, it should give you a clue :!: actually jinks is spot on, and thats all this is about..

Yes said the same myself weed out whoever was involved in the leak from our end should have been the single most important aspect of this. Surely that could have been dealt with internally without getting the f..A involved and nation wide press attention

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 pm

This is about discrediting Moody, it is as simple as that.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Wasn't there some rumour of palace interest in gunarsson around January time????

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Jinks wrote:Its not about points its about finding the rats who have been leaking information from within our club to other people.
Surely moles giving out our clubs info should be found , sacked and exposed why some don't find it important amazes me :thumbup:

This ^^^^^^^^
I don't want any points we don't deserve them. It is ALL about integrity of your staff. If this was one of my staff then they would be out on gross misconduct and good bye. Would also look at the other party in this and if proven they induced this misconduct then quite rightly you should make a complaint to the relevant authorities, in this case the Premier League and let them deal with the dirty rats :bluescarf:

Re: Cardiff appealing Palace result

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Mario wrote:Pointless. Palace have done nothing wrong. Just Tan being a little bitch as usual.

The man you hired got absolutely schooled on the day, accept it.

Fool

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Wonder about Gunnar's next move?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 pm

First_Touch wrote:Wonder about Gunnar's next move?

weren't palace supposedly interested in him at one point?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:I dont really understand your point.

I dont see a connection between our situation and Tevez/Sheffield United.

In the opinion of Cardiff City, Crystal Palace gained an advantage by knowing the Cardiff line-up before the team sheets were released and have reported this to the relevant authorities. Now its down to the Premier League to decide what if any punishment Crystal Palace should receive.

I dont see desperation, if you feel youve been wronged you report it. Now being the way football is you dont write your complaint on the back of a fag packet you have to do it properly with lawyers and well written reports.

As for the continued fuss being made I dont see Cardiff making huge fuss however as we are in the Premier League its big news and will be in the papers.

As for did Palace need the team-sheet is irrelevant, if theyve acquired it in the opinion of Cardiff they have broken rules and cheated. Basically what your saying is because they are a better team it doesnt matter what they do.

It's the blame culture. Sheffield United didn't survive that season because they didn't win enough matches yet it was West Ham's fault for fielding an illegible player.

There would be no fuss at all if Cardiff weren't making it. Palace are a community based club and Pulis is old school. They're not cheats. Numerous posters on here want to move on from the defeat and concentrate on the remaining matches. It'd be disappointing if a possible relegation leads to bad blood between Cardiff and Palace on the back of unfounded allegations.

This has got the bad PR of Vincent Tan written all over it. I feel embarrassed for the man.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:

In the opinion of Cardiff City, Crystal Palace gained an advantage by knowing the Cardiff line-up before the team sheets were released and have reported this to the relevant authorities. Now its down to the Premier League to decide what if any punishment Crystal Palace should receive.

I dont see desperation, if you feel youve been wronged you report it. Now being the way football is you dont write your complaint on the back of a fag packet you have to do it properly with lawyers and well written reports.

As for the continued fuss being made I dont see Cardiff making huge fuss however as we are in the Premier League its big news and will be in the papers.

As for did Palace need the team-sheet is irrelevant, if theyve acquired it in the opinion of Cardiff they have broken rules and cheated. Basically what your saying is because they are a better team it doesnt matter what they do.

It's the blame culture. Sheffield United didn't survive that season because they didn't win enough matches yet it was West Ham's fault for fielding an illegible player.

There would be no fuss at all if Cardiff weren't making it. Palace are a community based club and Pulis is old school. They're not cheats. Numerous posters on here want to move on from the defeat and concentrate on the remaining matches. It'd be disappointing if a possible relegation leads to bad blood between Cardiff and Palace on the back of unfounded allegations.

This has got the bad PR of Vincent Tan written all over it. I feel embarrassed for the man.

If there are scum moles at the club leaking info then i want them exposed and punished. If cardiff have evidence then good on them for exposing the guilty parties. its about my club not tan but i believe if tan wasnt at the club a few more posters would be wanting justice and not siding with moody , pulis and palace.. Again if theres proof i want justice not the 3 points

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:

I think your just bitter

If Cardiff say they have evidence that Palace cheated then the PL will review it and decide whether its credible or not.

Personally the fact of where we are is irrelevant clubs shouldnt cheat even community based clubs with old school managers at the helm.

You seem more annoyed by the fact Palace have been accused of cheating rather than Cardiff possibly being cheated against

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:

With respect, I think you are missing the point.

I dont believe (and I havent read every post on this forum so apologies if I am wrong) that anybody associated with Cardiff, fan player or coach, is questioning the result. Palace wee the better team. They deserved to win. personally I dont think it would have made the blindest bit of difference to the final result whether Pulis knew our team or not, he outthought Ole and his team outperformed ours, end of story.

None of this takes away from the fact that Cardiff are RIGHT to report it. The individuals involved, have cheated. End of story, The individuals involed, should be sacked for gross misconduct by their clubs. They have brought their club, their league and their sport into disrepute. They deserve punishing.

I have not seen any direct quotes from Cardiff City that say Palace should be deducted points. To do so would be embarrassing, and would quite rightly be labelled sour grapes. From what I can gather, though, the club has done nothing wrong in bring to the league's attention what they believe to have happened..

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:58 am

A West Ham fan sent me this letter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff appealing Palace result

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 am

Svenman87 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Svenman87 wrote:Even if this only increased Palace's chance of winning the game by a few percent. That's still a few percent - it shouldn't matter if it's .1% or 50%

Unfair advantage [CHEATING] shouldn't be tolerated.

How have palace cheated? Someone from your club told them didn't they?

If that is the case someone from your club should send a letter to the opposition the night before with the team sheet and if you lose, then cry foul.p

Nonsense. You were crushed by a team unchanged from its last game. :lol:

Also if they are found to have broken the rules by the FA that means what?

I'll give ya a hint - it would mean that the FA has deemed that they have cheated.

:thumbup: :wave: :roll:

Why Aren't we concentrating on our remaining games?
Instead some of us are distracting ourselves yet again by fixating ourselves on the business with Palace.

If I was Pulis being given info about our team sheets I would not trust them anyway as it could be a bluff.

Imagine on the day Pulis finding the info to be incorrect, He would;d look like a proper tw*t. I think that is why he said he never asked for the info and that suggests he wouldn't trust the info anyway.

Lets face it, Pulis is by no means a gullible fool.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:14 am

First_Touch wrote:This is about discrediting Moody, it is as simple as that.

I think moody has done a good job of discrediting himself with his own actions.
He should have left well alone and bearing in mind that Malky is his best mate and going through a legal dispute with tan it was a stupid and selfish action that adds fuel to the fire that there was something not right with the Cornelius transfer with himself and Malky
I bet Malky is not thanking him tonight for drawing attention to himself after all no text from moody no story.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 am

I am shocked.. We have all just found out that someone within the club have been outrageously disloyal! You should feel cheated! How many games have fallen victim to this? Instead you all fight over subjects like a chairman and a manager.. Its Shameful.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am

We didn't play 442, Campbell played on the wing, Dæhli played behind Jones. So it was 4411 not the formation leaked. Which doesn't exactly help Cardiff.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:35 am

First_Touch wrote:This is about discrediting Moody, it is as simple as that.

If that is the case, then surely it has worked?? :?

Moody appears to have discredited himself, although I am far more concerned about the source of the 'leak' at the Cardiff end than the Palarse

Being truthful, I'm not too bothered about the result itself (we deserved to lose the way we played) so far as this 'issue' is concerned, but I am concerned that someone who is receiving a salary from the club would see fit to pass such information on to a rival club for any reason

I think that would be a concern in any business/organisation and big questions would rightfully be asked

As others have said, the outcome should leave Palarse knowing they have been "caught out" in no uncertain terms, but I feel there is no real scope for a points deduction, as it would open up a can of worms for the future of the Premier League. The real 'issue' to me, remains the internal 'leak' that allowed Palarse to know our likely line-up well in advance of kick-off, allowing Pulis to make certain 'plans' which (depending on your point of view) did or did not have a direct influence on the way Palarse played and achieved their unexpected result

For me, I think we simply didn't 'turn up' and the result should not be in jeopardy. The 'internal' position though, is one that simply MUST be addressed :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:04 am

Happens all the time, has been happening for years nothing new yet carcrash city want to make it into something. No class no dignity no idea.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:38 pm

jackf wrote:Happens all the time, has been happening for years nothing new yet carcrash city want to make it into something. No class no dignity no idea.

What a tool, if it happened to your club you can be sure your lot would do the same.....

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Bluebina wrote:
jackf wrote:Happens all the time, has been happening for years nothing new yet carcrash city want to make it into something. No class no dignity no idea.

What a tool, if it happened to your club you can be sure your lot would do the same.....

They leak who will be fighting who in next thursdays training session.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:

They're too busy fighting to leak anything. :thumbup:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Seem to remember Sousa crying to Uefa about decisions a few years back not to mention numerous crying jacks "it's not fair cardiff gets everything" etc....

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Seem to remember Sousa crying to Uefa about decisions a few years back not to mention numerous crying jacks "it's not fair cardiff gets everything" etc....

I dont remember either.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Im going to post our line up on the Newcastle forum amd say im a source within thr club.

If it is correct and we lose then im sending it to the FA and telling them it must be replayed.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Jesus when you thought that cardiff city could not be a bigger embarrassment to our nation, you try to get 3 points back for the palace result, ffs i will be glad to see you lot going down, Wales can do without this you are a laughing stock mun :laughing5:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I dont remember either.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html

Read on roathie and I'm sure you may remember

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I dont remember either.

But he was so incensed after Swansea's 2-0 defeat against West Brom in March that he even threatened to complain to both the FA and UEFA about his side's treatment at the hands of officials, citing a catalogue of examples.

So basically he just whinged and didn't actually go "crying to uefa" at all Gaz let alone send a five page complaint? ;)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 am

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I dont remember either.

But he was so incensed after Swansea's 2-0 defeat against West Brom in March that he even threatened to complain to both the FA and UEFA about his side's treatment at the hands of officials, citing a catalogue of examples.

So basically he just whinged and didn't actually go "crying to uefa" at all Gaz let alone send a five page complaint? ;)

He still moaned though. I'm not defending my club on this nj. It's embarrassing as far as I'm concerned. I was getting at jackf who implied that Swansea were whiter than white and never complained about anything.

Personally I think that if our 2 clubs should complain about anything then that is refereeing and some of the awful decisions that the 'lesser' premier league clubs get.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I dont remember either.

So he didnt do anything of the sort then? :D