Re: ' Cardiff City appealing Palace result '

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm

honestcadiff wrote:Palace v Fulham last day of the season

This could all end badly

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Pulis would not throw a match

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Both clubs will be fined under rule b17 .
The people involved will be suspended then sacked for misconduct
No points Deductions

Let's forget it and think about stoke :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
honestcadiff wrote:Palace v Fulham last day of the season

This could all end badly

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Pulis would not throw a match

Not deliberately of course but if Cardiff go about this all guns blazing it could backfire.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Jinks wrote:
LonCar wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:Thursday 17th April 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter seen by the BBC.

The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain Cardiff's starting line-up before the game.

Cardiff claim they have proof Moody succeeded and say this breaches league rules. Pulis declined to comment when contacted by the BBC, although Palace have previously denied the claims.

Premier League strugglers Cardiff go on to state that clubs should act in good faith to one another and call into serious question the integrity of the match.

They say Crystal Palace cheated and want the Premier League to take serious action.
Palace won 3-2 at Everton on Wednesday to climb to 11th in the table, on 40 points, a figure Pulis says is enough to ensure their Premier League survival.

It will get know where and to the rest of the Premier League it will look like sour grapes and bad losers, that's my opinion.

Agreed, Annis. Pulis made the point that the only opposition team sheet that he takes notice of is the official one, that he gets thirty minutes before kick off. Palace beat us twice, and comfortably. We need to move on. Whether we stay up, or not, let's put this pantomime season behind us. It's just been one farce after another. We are not putting ourselves in a good light at the moment. Roll on 2014/15. This isn't what Cradiff City is about. :bluescarf:

If there are people within the club that leaks tactics and line up to opposing teams that needs to be dealt with. As for the result the club has said the better team won so it doesn't seem to be about that. The fact that we lost shouldn't stop us from making a complaint if there is unethical behaviour if its true that Boltons manager tipped the club off then obviously there are more people in the game that thinks this is unethical.

Some people would rather we did nothing about it :roll: I hope if cardiff have good evidence they chase it up and expose every mole in the club and report palace

Great Jinks, I really hope then something comes out of this and we really do have strong evidence, I look forward to the outcome and us getting the game replayed or even Palace getting deducted 3pts, But I am a realist and I guarantee that we get nothing out of all this, just us looking like bad losers.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm

This probably goes on a lot more often than people think. It's not hard to imagine a disgruntled ex player stuck on the sidelines giving information to an old player/friend of his. We've just got to get on with it and stop trying to win biggest joke of a club in the world award 2014 which I believe we've already won. It's desperate and embarrassing and if he did change his tactics and team then more fool him.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Frankly it stinks of desperation

Palace beat us fair & square irrespective of the team being leaked, On the day we were piss poor had one attempt on target in the whole game

Sides now do a lot of scouting they make a dossier on players strengths & weakness's.

We should leave it at that & accept that we were crap on the day and well beaten

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I may be looking a little too deep and here don't get in to the Malky vrs Ole bollox...

But, we are talking about Iain Moody here !!!! Not Palace. I don't think the outcome or points is the end game.

Is this the same Moody who Malky went to the edge of a cliff (and eventually over) to protect from Tan and his advisers ?

Is this the Moody who will be called to give evidence if the Malky Vrs CCFC goes to court ?

Is this the Moody if not sacked by Palace will be even more discredited ?

I thought the stuff we are supposed not to be able to hear yet was about unscrupulous behavior by Moody & condoned by Malky, that is what Tan is insinuating in my opinion.

Would you say Palace/Moody being found in breach by the league will play well in court when talking about character ?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 pm

image.jpg

Makes us look like sore loosers, and we should just move on!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Good they cheated so replay the game or give is the points.......

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm more pissed off about Sunderland playing unregistered player for 4 games and getting a point out of the 4 games!!! They should have a point deducted ffs

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Dougie Freedman was the one who got sent the text by accident and he passed it onto Ole!!! The story gets even better

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:
LonCar wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:Thursday 17th April 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter seen by the BBC.

The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain Cardiff's starting line-up before the game.

Cardiff claim they have proof Moody succeeded and say this breaches league rules. Pulis declined to comment when contacted by the BBC, although Palace have previously denied the claims.

Premier League strugglers Cardiff go on to state that clubs should act in good faith to one another and call into serious question the integrity of the match.

They say Crystal Palace cheated and want the Premier League to take serious action.
Palace won 3-2 at Everton on Wednesday to climb to 11th in the table, on 40 points, a figure Pulis says is enough to ensure their Premier League survival.

It will get know where and to the rest of the Premier League it will look like sour grapes and bad losers, that's my opinion.

Agreed, Annis. Pulis made the point that the only opposition team sheet that he takes notice of is the official one, that he gets thirty minutes before kick off. Palace beat us twice, and comfortably. We need to move on. Whether we stay up, or not, let's put this pantomime season behind us. It's just been one farce after another. We are not putting ourselves in a good light at the moment. Roll on 2014/15. This isn't what Cradiff City is about. :bluescarf:

If there are people within the club that leaks tactics and line up to opposing teams that needs to be dealt with. As for the result the club has said the better team won so it doesn't seem to be about that. The fact that we lost shouldn't stop us from making a complaint if there is unethical behaviour if its true that Boltons manager tipped the club off then obviously there are more people in the game that thinks this is unethical.

Some people would rather we did nothing about it :roll: I hope if cardiff have good evidence they chase it up and expose every mole in the club and report palace

Great Jinks, I really hope then something comes out of this and we really do have strong evidence, I look forward to the outcome and us getting the game replayed or even Palace getting deducted 3pts, But I am a realist and I guarantee that we get nothing out of all this, just us looking like bad losers.

Where have i said i want the game replayed? If the news is true i want the moles from inside my club punished and palace reported and dealt with. its not about points its about ridding the club of moles/rats that are leaking private info :thumbup:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Just on BBC news at 6pm

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I doubt anything will come of it by us having any points given, but if we do we should gladly accept them :lol:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Forget the lawyers, this type of thing goes on all the time. It's embarrassing that the club, although now denied, are trying to get the game overturned. I also think this is just destabilizing our season more than it already has been. Pulis/Moody/Palace knew what they were doing, I have no doubt about that but if it was Cardiff doing everything in their power to win I wouldn't bat an eyelid. We lost pretty convincingly on the day.

What we should do? Full investigation, someone leaked the team to Palace from OUR club. Lets concentrate on finding the rats responsible and then get the lawyers involved. At the moment the anger is being directed at Palace, that shouldn't be the case. If the leaker(s) had told them to f**k off we wouldn't have this disaster.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Mackay added: “Iain is an absolute class act as far as I’m concerned and has done a very impressive job.

“He helped bring in more than 20 players and had a huge part to play in the current success. He will be missed by everyone who works for our football club.

“I would say our loss will be someone’s huge gain.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milky making jokes on October 18th

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Palace loss should not stand - Cardiff
17 April 2014 Updated 13:46
By David Bond - BBC sports editor
The club claim they have proof Moody succeeded and say this breaches league rules. Pulis declined to comment when contacted by the BBC, although Palace previously denied the claims.
The Premier League has confirmed it has received a formal complaint from Cardiff and is assessing the evidence to see if there is a case to answer.
If Cardiff's complaint is upheld, this would effectively mean a three-point deduction for Palace that, despite their 3-2 win at Everton on Wednesday, could have implications, not only for the south London club, but for many other teams fighting against relegation.
Palace are 11th in the table, while Cardiff are 19th, three points from safety.
Cardiff allege the events leading up to the game on 5 April raise serious questions, not only about the conduct of staff at both clubs but about the integrity of the game between them.
Moody has already publicly denied attempting to obtain the Cardiff line-up, or directly contacting anyone at the club.
Despite that, Cardiff insist Moody, a former director of recruitment at the Welsh club, phoned a former colleague, performance analyst Enda Barron, on 3 April. It is alleged he called to ask Barron if he could help him obtain the team for the match against Palace.
Although Barron told Cardiff he was unable to provide Moody with the information, he has since left the club. Cardiff claim Moody induced Baron into breaching his contract. Barron was unavailable for comment.
Cardiff allege that by Friday, 4 April - a day before the match - Moody had obtained the starting line-up from another source. This is based on a follow-up conversation between Moody and Barron in which the Palace sporting director told him he now had the team.
It is this exchange that forms the basis of the claim against Pulis, as Moody is alleged to have told Barron he had to go elsewhere for the information because he was "under pressure from Pulis".
Cardiff then claim Moody mistakenly sent a text message with the starting XI to Bolton manager Dougie Freedman a day before the game.
Freedman is said to have tipped off Bluebirds boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about the leak because they are friends, having attended coaching courses together.
While Aron Gunnarsson is named as the source of the leak in Moody's text, the Cardiff player has denied to the club that he was behind it. His agent, Jerry de Koning, has also denied leaking the team.
For now, Cardiff have accepted the explanations and do not know who gave Moody the information. One of the reasons they want the Premier League to investigate is to find out who might be responsible.
The text message allegedly read: "Straight from Gunnarsson their line up is 4-4-2 Marshall, KTC, Caulker, Turner, Taylor, Daehli, Medel, Mutch, Zaha, Campbell, Jones".
This turned out to be the exact starting line-up for the game against Palace. It contained three changes from their previous Premier League match, against West Bromwich Albion on 29 March.
Cardiff say that, in a meeting last week, Solskjaer placed on record the details of a brief exchange between him and Pulis immediately after the game at the Cardiff City Stadium.
It is claimed Solskjaer said to Pulis: "I am disgusted that your head of recruitment [Moody] is texting one of my players to get our team."
Pulis allegedly responded: "Oooh, I know. I didn't ask for it."
Cardiff claim this is evidence Pulis knew about the team well in advance of the set time for the exchange of team-sheets on the day of the game - one hour before kick-off.
According to Cardiff, all this amounts to a serious breach of the spirit of the Premier League's chairman's charter, which requires clubs to behave with "utmost good faith and honesty to each other".
It goes on to say the south London club "failed to maintain confidences", deliberately acted to "breach Premier League and FA rules" and deliberately acted to "induce employees of Cardiff to breach their contractual obligations and responsibilities in order to assist Crystal Palace".
Specifically, Cardiff say Palace have broken three Premier League rules: B15, B16 and B17. Of these, B17 is potentially the most serious as it states that no club shall disclose or divulge confidential information.
They also claim Palace have breached the Football Association's rules by bringing the game into disrepute, although at this stage a formal complaint has not been lodged with the FA.
Significantly, Cardiff claim Palace's actions were "an attempt to obtain a sporting advantage".
The letter states: "This was not merely an attempt to obtain confidential information - Crystal Palace succeeded in their efforts and achieved an unexpected 3-0 win over the club. We will never know the extent to which the confidential information affected the outcome of the match."
Nevertheless, Cardiff say the "result from the match should not be allowed to stand" and urge the Premier League to deal with the matter as soon as possible, arguing that, with just a few games to go to the end of the season, such a reversal could have a huge impact on the league positions of other teams.
The Premier League is understood to be treating the complaint seriously, although it believes any inquiry would focus on the conduct of the clubs and their staff, rather than an investigation into the integrity of the match.
Cardiff insist Palace have cheated and that the whole episode undermines the spirit and integrity of the competition. Thus the Premier League will not be able to dismiss the issue lightly, especially with so much money at stake for those teams that are relegated.
Despite attempts by the BBC to obtain a response from Moody and Crystal Palace, they have not yet commented on Cardiff's allegations.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Mackay added: “Iain is an absolute class act as far as I’m concerned and has done a very impressive job.

“He helped bring in more than 20 players and had a huge part to play in the current success. He will be missed by everyone who works for our football club.

“I would say our loss will be someone’s huge gain.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milky making jokes on October 18th

Well I would say Crystal Palace made some superb signings in January that are helping them to stay up. Ince, Ledley, Puncheon, Scott Dann and Wayne Hennessey. Dann and Puncheon scored last night and Puncheon ripped us apart with 2 goals - Ledley got the other goal as well, so I can't understand that post. I would say our loss has certainly been Palace's massive gain

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm

What a funny bunch you are.. :happy1:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Whichever Cardiff official is behind this is clutching at straws. It's reminding me of Sheffield United v Tevez in some ways. i.e. The desperation, the continued fuss being made. Admittedly, The Blades got some money out of it but they've since blown it on a succession of bad managers and players.

Palace winning at Everton last night proved that they don't need leaked teams to win away. Pulis has done an outstanding job there. Perhaps Cardiff could've approached him had circumstances been different?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:Whichever Cardiff official is behind this is clutching at straws. It's reminding me of Sheffield United v Tevez in some ways. i.e. The desperation, the continued fuss being made. Admittedly, The Blades got some money out of it but they've since blown it on a succession of bad managers and players.

Palace winning at Everton last night proved that they don't need leaked teams to win away. Pulis has done an outstanding job there. Perhaps Cardiff could've approached him had circumstances been different?

I dont really understand your point.

I dont see a connection between our situation and Tevez/Sheffield United.

In the opinion of Cardiff City, Crystal Palace gained an advantage by knowing the Cardiff line-up before the team sheets were released and have reported this to the relevant authorities. Now its down to the Premier League to decide what if any punishment Crystal Palace should receive.

I dont see desperation, if you feel youve been wronged you report it. Now being the way football is you dont write your complaint on the back of a fag packet you have to do it properly with lawyers and well written reports.

As for the continued fuss being made I dont see Cardiff making huge fuss however as we are in the Premier League its big news and will be in the papers.

As for did Palace need the team-sheet is irrelevant, if theyve acquired it in the opinion of Cardiff they have broken rules and cheated. Basically what your saying is because they are a better team it doesnt matter what they do.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:17 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote: Palace winning at Everton last night proved that they don't need leaked teams to win away.

I see this argument being used all the time yet I still don't understand why such a "good" team need to gain an unfair advantage against one of the bottom teams if they're so f*cking good. It's like giving Usain Bolt a 10meter headstart on the 100meter and say it doesn't matter because he is the best anyway. It's just f*cking stupid.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 pm

Just when you think your club can't do anything more to embarrass theirselves they throw themselves wholeheartedly into a really pointless and futile attempt to stay up. The reason we lost was we were utter garbage plain and simple. The same as we were against a lot of teams this season. Yet again before a big game there is another distraction not that we need any. Do we use the same public relations guru and advisors that the north Korean premiere does because whoever it is what a plonk. Just let us play our games try to finish the season with a bit of guts and points and stay up that way. I would be gutted if we stayed up because of anything other than accumulating the points rightfully on the pitch. This leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth one only strong bow will alleviate

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:11 pm

cendl blue wrote:Just when you think your club can't do anything more to embarrass theirselves they throw themselves wholeheartedly into a really pointless and futile attempt to stay up. The reason we lost was we were utter garbage plain and simple. The same as we were against a lot of teams this season. Yet again before a big game there is another distraction not that we need any. Do we use the same public relations guru and advisors that the north Korean premiere does because whoever it is what a plonk. Just let us play our games try to finish the season with a bit of guts and points and stay up that way. I would be gutted if we stayed up because of anything other than accumulating the points rightfully on the pitch. This leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth one only strong bow will alleviate

how are we going to gain points from this situation?

and if you feel something dodgy has happened whats wrong with reporting it?

seriously I dont see how anyone can criticise Cardiffs actions here they believe rules have been broken, they should report it.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 pm

cendl blue wrote:Just when you think your club can't do anything more to embarrass theirselves they throw themselves wholeheartedly into a really pointless and futile attempt to stay up. The reason we lost was we were utter garbage plain and simple. The same as we were against a lot of teams this season. Yet again before a big game there is another distraction not that we need any. Do we use the same public relations guru and advisors that the north Korean premiere does because whoever it is what a plonk. Just let us play our games try to finish the season with a bit of guts and points and stay up that way. I would be gutted if we stayed up because of anything other than accumulating the points rightfully on the pitch. This leaves a real bitter taste in the mouth one only strong bow will alleviate

To captivate the whole picture of your argument, you suggest the club, while leaving a justefied complaint, they also dictated the punishment of the horrendoes crimes of Moody, making utterly nonsense statement to the newspapers, yet again to ridicule our club. And it all boils down to Mr Tan Sri's new pr agent and his bad advice? I thought the club just delivered a complaint..
PS. Do you think Putin uses botox?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

seriously I dont see how anyone can criticise Cardiffs actions here they believe rules have been broken, they should report it.

The main problem I see is that technically we have broken the rules aswell

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Its not about points its about finding the rats who have been leaking information from within our club to other people.
Surely moles giving out our clubs info should be found , sacked and exposed why some don't find it important amazes me :thumbup:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

The main problem I see is that technically we have broken the rules aswell

if thats the case then both teams should be punished

in which case I would assume a fine would be the fairest thing as we didnt gain points from Palace so to take points off us would be unfair, as every club would the have a round advantage on us.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

Perhaps not gaining points but the talk of replaying the game and deducting points off palace is absurd. I think this type of thing goes on regular and it as to be us who make a big song and dance about it. If the boot was on the other foot and solksjaer got told the team and tactics do you think he would take the moral high ground I don't think so. Any team will take any advantage they can fair means or foul. Rather than blaming palace we should try to understand why any one at our club would want to do this especially how important the game was at the time. The club deserve every bit of criticism they get in my opinion they sound like a spoilt child and really desperate.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:30 pm

cendl blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Perhaps not gaining points but the talk of replaying the game and deducting points off palace is absurd. I think this type of thing goes on regular and it as to be us who make a big song and dance about it. If the boot was on the other foot and solksjaer got told the team and tactics do you think he would take the moral high ground I don't think so. Any team will take any advantage they can fair means or foul. Rather than blaming palace we should try to understand why any one at our club would want to do this especially how important the game was at the time. The club deserve every bit of criticism they get in my opinion they sound like a spoilt child and really desperate.

If the shoe was on the other foot? If you remember Moody being rejected our directors box and the noise that made, it should give you a clue :!: actually jinks is spot on, and thats all this is about..