Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MATCH THREAD ' CARDIFF C V STOKE C ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Valleyjack#gof@ckyourself.

Don,t be like that mun, its not my fault you are shit and an embarrassment is it :wave:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Felt like we exploited the left side well with Fabio and Daehli - but we continued to pump the ball constantly down the right and it was just being held up without a lot of pressure. That was a bit frustrating to watch...

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:15 pm

If Sunderland are loosing to night, it COULD be enough to beat them to stay in PL... ;)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Valleyjack wrote:
Liles93 wrote:If we win against Sunderland that'll most likely get us out of the bottom 3, seeing as Norwich have to play Liverpool and United. Could be our ticket out, we have the GD advantage over Fulham! If we can beat Sunderland and take 3 from Newcastle, we're gonna stay up!

You have as much chance of staying up as you have of being debt free, no chance now prepare yourselves for the championship next season, your going down :wave:

Your mother

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Valleyjack wrote:
Liles93 wrote:If we win against Sunderland that'll most likely get us out of the bottom 3, seeing as Norwich have to play Liverpool and United. Could be our ticket out, we have the GD advantage over Fulham! If we can beat Sunderland and take 3 from Newcastle, we're gonna stay up!

You have as much chance of staying up as you have of being debt free, no chance now prepare yourselves for the championship next season, your going down :wave:

Your mother

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:20 pm

JetNorwegian wrote:If Sunderland are loosing to night, it COULD be enough to beat them to stay in PL... ;)

If you lose to Newcastle you will have no choice but to beat sunderland, then its chelsea and we know what will happen there, personally i think you will get 1 more point at sunderland and thats it sorry

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:23 pm

I believe that four points in the remaining three matches (or maybe even just three) could very well be enough, as long as three points are grabbed off of Sunderland.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Svenman87 wrote:Felt like we exploited the left side well with Fabio and Daehli - but we continued to pump the ball constantly down the right and it was just being held up without a lot of pressure. That was a bit frustrating to watch...

Spot on! Very frustrating to watch as players kept passing the ball down the right to Kim and ktc and later zaha despite the fact that our left side with fabio and daehli kept causing a lot more problems for Stoke.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Heard you lot had a goal disallowed. Sux to be a Cardiff Dragon on days like today - I feel for you bromego's!

Not sure if you had heard but - how about that last minute penalty which won us our match against Newcastle... pretty awesome stuff right guys? It will be super sad to see you in the Championship next year but don't worry chaps! We shall represent :thumbup:

Keep up the good work
Lotsa Love! Peace

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 pm

PokémonMaster wrote:Heard you lot had a goal disallowed. Sux to be a Cardiff Dragon on days like today - I feel for you bromego's!

Not sure if you had heard but - how about that last minute penalty which won us our match against Newcastle... pretty awesome stuff right guys? It will be super sad to see you in the Championship next year but don't worry chaps! We shall represent :thumbup:

Keep up the good work
Lotsa Love! Peace

Thanks for the kind words, mate. Much appreciated. You guys are so humble.

Kunt :laughing6:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Valleyjack wrote:

I don't know, the maths speaks for itself. 3 from Sunderland takes us to 33, above Norwich if they lose, and clear of Fulham on GD even if they win too. Then if we can take 3 from Newcastle, it puts us 1 clear of Norwich even if they win, and 4 if not. It's still open, it all depends on the Sunderland game. I'm sure you're happy to be staying up with your penalty though.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Midland Blue wrote:
PokémonMaster wrote:Heard you lot had a goal disallowed. Sux to be a Cardiff Dragon on days like today - I feel for you bromego's!

Keep up the good work
Lotsa Love! Peace

Thanks for the kind words, mate. Much appreciated. You guys are so humble.

Kunt :laughing6:

No problem friend :thumbup: ... did you hear Sunderland beat Chelsea! What a crazy day right! Sunderland picked up 4 points from Man City and Chelsea... and they have a game in-hand! Lucky boys!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Borini too :) getting tight down there

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm

19 Apr 2014 22:50:00
The Bluebirds boss felt Stoke City were wrongly awarded a spot-kick, though the side rallied amongst the adversity, while Mark Hughes was equally disappointed with the officiating

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer felt Cardiff City took additional motivation from Stoke City being awarded a penalty in Saturday's 1-1 draw.

Referee Howard Webb chose to point to the spot late in the first half when Peter Odemwingie, making his return to former club Cardiff, went down under a clumsy challenge from Kim Bo-kyung.

Marko Arnautovic fired Stoke ahead from 12 yards, but the hosts secured a point courtesy of a penalty of their own in the 51st minute, scored by Peter Whittingham.

Solskjaer believed Kim was unfortunate to be penalised for his challenge on Odemwingie, but said his players were "galvanised" by the setback.

"I still feel what I felt at the time - that it's not a penalty - but I accept Howard has to make a decision there and then," said the Norwegian.

"He hasn't got an advantage of all the replays we have but, for us, of course it galvanised everyone in the dressing room - we felt hard done by.

"I didn't have to say a lot at half-time apart from maybe try to control your emotions because that's important when you get decisions like that against you.

"They (Cardiff's players) felt hard done by. They were there very close to it and they said let's just make sure we use this to gain some momentum and get some energy."

Stoke boss Mark Hughes, meanwhile, was disappointed with the decision to award Cardiff a penalty, and felt it handed Solskjaer's men a burst of momentum.
"The neutrals in the ground would probably have thought they were a couple of soft penalties. I'm not going to surprise you by saying I thought ours was a valid penalty and rightly given," said Hughes.

"My view on Cardiff's penalty is that it was very soft and the lad has actually looked for a movement from Steven N'Zonzi that would allow him to go down and I think he was always looking to go down in that situation.

"He drew the movement from Steven - (it was) very minimal, if any, contact and obviously difficult for (referee) Howard Webb when players go down in those situations. It's difficult to read whether it's a correct decision or not.

"That just came at a time in the game that was a little bit frenetic for us. It was probably the only time in the game where Cardiff got a little bit of momentum and created a few opportunities for themselves."