Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRUE DETECTIVE

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Anyonelse been watching the series?

The best TV series EVER as far as I am concerned.

Had me gripped from first episode to the last, with each episode getting more thrilling.

That final episode Saturday night did not dissapoint. The only dissapointment was the show has ended and there isnt really scope for another series considering it was based on events spanning a 17 year period.

Finest acting ever witnessed on TV by Matthew Mcconaughey. Dont know what the TV version of the oscars is but he should have swept all the awards.

If you havent watched it I recommend you download it. :thumbup:

Re: TRUE DETECTIVE

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Yup one of the best shows ever and Matthew Mcconaughey was outstanding in it. They are planning to do a second season but with a different story and characters so should be interesting

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Was fantastic viewing

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Yup one of the best shows ever and Matthew Mcconaughey was outstanding in it. They are planning to do a second season but with a different story and characters so should be interesting

Ive heard the same, with Brad Pitt. I dont know how they top that first season though.

They pushed the boundaries with some of the child abuse stuff. It was chilling, and at the same time heartbreaking knowing that kind of shit goes on in real life.

Anyone know when the next series of Banshee and Ray Donovan are due on Sky?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 pm

loved banshee, havent seen a sign of the next series yet though.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

doesn't take much to keep some people occupied I tried 4/5 times to watch the second episode, biggest crap I ever saw, so gave up on it, many, many better American shows than that. one being Banshee among others. third season 2015 shame
Last edited by Igovernor on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Banshee Season 2 has finished in the US so should be on its way very soon.

Think it may be a NetFlix exclusive though in the UK

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:41 pm

The end was quite 'meh' for me.

They built up the yellow king so much to be some evil, unique genius and all he ended up being was a redneck nut living in the wilderness. He was no where near as intimidated as made out, I would fancy my chances against him.

The dodgy reverend, what happened to him?. When Rust was hounding him for answers all he did was make subtle hints. I thought he was going to integral to the story but it turned out it was a nothing.

The start of the season was exceptional but unfortunately the ending let it down. Could have been so much more.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Mario wrote:The end was quite 'meh' for me.

They built up the yellow king so much to be some evil, unique genius and all he ended up being was a redneck nut living in the wilderness. He was no where near as intimidated as made out, I would fancy my chances against him.

The dodgy reverend, what happened to him?. When Rust was hounding him for answers all he did was make subtle hints. I thought he was going to integral to the story but it turned out it was a nothing.

The start of the season was exceptional but unfortunately the ending let it down. Could have been so much more.

If you dont know what happened to the dodgy reverend then you obviously didnt watch or listen to the last 3 episodes very closely.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:doesn't take much to keep some people occupied I tried 4/5 times to watch the second episode, biggest crap I ever saw, so gave up on it, many, many better American shows than that. one being Banshee among others. third season 2015 shame

Each to their own, I thought it was far more thrilling and grittier than Banshee.

I liked Banshee but it was far from reality, the 20 minute fight scenes especially.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:

If you dont know what happened to the dodgy reverend then you obviously didnt watch or listen to the last 3 episodes very closely.

I know he died, but that was it?.

From a season so intense and dark at times, the ending left me not even caring what happened to either of the leads.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Mario wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:

I know he died, but that was it?.

From a season so intense and dark at times, the ending left me not even caring what happened to either of the leads.

He was killed by the Yellow King

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:50 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:Anyonelse been watching the series?

Had me gripped from first episode to the last, with each episode getting more thrilling.

That final episode Saturday night did not dissapoint. The only dissapointment was the show has ended and there isnt really scope for another series considering it was based on events spanning a 17 year period.

Finest acting ever witnessed on TV by Matthew Mcconaughey. Dont know what the TV version of the oscars is but he should have swept all the awards.

Chris, I've just finished watching it. Absolutely fantastic TV. Thought it was gripping too right until the end. Definitely the best series I've seen. HBO at its finest.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Nanny McPhail wrote:

Chris, I've just finished watching it. Absolutely fantastic TV. Thought it was gripping too right until the end. Definitely the best series I've seen. HBO at its finest.

:thumbup:

I will defo watch again. I watched each episode twice, three times some episodes and im sure there are things that were missed. Very clever story I thought.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:

I will defo watch again. I watched each episode twice, three times some episodes and im sure there are things that were missed. Very clever story I thought.

Good news that there will be a season 2. Bad news no Harrison or McConaughey.
http://www.thewrap.com/true-detective-know-season-2/

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Nanny McPhail wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
Nanny McPhail wrote:

Good news that there will be a season 2. Bad news no Harrison or McConaughey.
http://www.thewrap.com/true-detective-know-season-2/

Dont see how they could use them again tbh mate. I look forward to the next season.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:50 pm

is it really that good? suits is an awesome watch too

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 pm

I doubt if it's better than Luther

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Blue_Always wrote:I doubt if it's better than Luther

Luther is a poor mans Sherlock

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:10 pm

jooshy wrote:is it really that good? suits is an awesome watch too

Its a program with lots of dialogue that you have to follow through out each episode so if you don't mind programs like that you'll enjoy it. It's worth watching alone for Matthew Mcconaughey's acting and his interactions with Woody Harrelson.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
jooshy wrote:is it really that good? suits is an awesome watch too

Its a program with lots of dialogue that you have to follow through out each episode so if you don't mind programs like that you'll enjoy it. It's worth watching alone for Matthew Mcconaughey's acting and his interactions with Woody Harrelson.

This ^^^^

I made sure I watched each episode twice before the next episode. You cant watch it and do something else ie phone / Ipad as well.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:

Pure racism, not even trying to hide it. :o

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Blue_Always wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:

:confused2:

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Best I've seen for a while, great part played by Rust but was disappointed with the ending and strayed slightly in the middle. A major loss if not McConaughey in the next series, if you have not seen it a viewing is advised. :happy1:

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Great show Polo. HBO at its finest. Some good stuff on HBO at the moment.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Excellent drama

Another I seen recently was Corleone its in Italian but with subtitles its about Salvatore Riina ('Totò u Curtu'), a mafioso boss from Corleone.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 pm

ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:Excellent drama

Another I seen recently was Corleone its in Italian but with subtitles its about Salvatore Riina ('Totò u Curtu'), a mafioso boss from Corleone.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd be very wary of anyman who watches gangsta films in subtitles.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:39 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
Blue_Always wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:

:confused2:

Sorry Polo I got the wrong end of the stick.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Any links to watch online?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:21 pm

A block wrote:Any links to watch online?

It will be on this site

http://www.primewire.ag/?tv