Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CLUELESS/NAIVE OLE & A TEAM OF INDIVIDUALS '

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:38 pm

' CLUELESS/NAIVE OLE & A TEAM OF INDIVIDUALS '

Tan and Ole's followers will try to bash me down once again, but the facts dont lie, we are going down, but going down without a fight and that to me hurts. :cry:

Even Ole agrees with me regarding his tactics
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139211

In the last 3 games, we have conceded 12 goals, under Ole we have time and time again been hammered by poor teams 4 nil by Hull City at home, 3 nil by the Jacks and today hammered by Palace at home 3 nil :o :shock: :shock:

So fans want exciting football and these so called great players like Zaha/Kenwyne Jones who play when they want too and half the time go missing. Sorry not for me.

We concede more than we score,it reminds me of Kevin Keegans managers days, the prob is we havent even got the players to even go down that route.

I would rather have what some of you call boring managers like Malky Mackay,Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce. I will say this , we would have a hard working team, maybe boring at tines, but a team with fight that never gives in and would play as a team not a bunch of individuals who play when they want too and dont care one bit, seen that before under DJ.

All week Ive been looking forward to this game, like the many other thousands, this was our big game, the one that really mattered, well from the first second it looked like we had come to play in a Sunday League game. Where was the fight,passion and the tactics?

Its easy to raise your game against Liverpool/Man City etc and attack them and excite the fans, but we have not got one point from a top 10 team under Ole and then we have been hammered by the teams in the bottom half.

I think we managed one real shot on target today. Palace have only scored 6 goals away from home all season and won only 2 and yet they took all 3points of us so easy, I still cant believe how easy they did it.

Ole talks a good one, but he is well out of his depth and its time many others woke up and were honest with themselves, Ol great guy, but well out of his depth in the Premier League.

Tan wanted a name and he chose Ole, but not for his management skills or management experience, but for his pathetic craze with Red/Man United and all the shit that goes with it.

Tan needs an advisor in football who will stand up to him, because if he does not this club will never rise again.

Dalman in my opinion is just as bad, today praising how far this club has gone forward in the last 3 months ,surely he should be saying all this if we had stayed up.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139108 :o

At this moment I am still in shock by todays performance if u can call it a performance. :cry:

Where do we go from here, thats the biggest question of all?

Re: ' CLUELESS/NAIVE OLE & A TEAM OF INDIVIDUALS '

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:39 pm

The club gets what it deserves, Rotten from the core

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:42 pm

There are 3 main reasons why we are going down:-

1) Tans madness
2) Malkys garbage signings and wastage of 40+ mil
3) Oles poor tactics

The players also have their part to play, but if their have not got the quality there is fucall they can do.

There's is no one person to blame for this but a combined effort. The only people who have not let the club down this season are the fans.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:42 pm

We are going down. The only thing left is to ensure in our last few games that we do our very best to make our feelings to Tan very clear. Please leave now!

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:43 pm

We don't deserve to stay uo end of. We need to go down and re-group

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Ole, Tan and Dalman all need to go. Until all of the above are gone we will plummet year on year.

Dalman: given the job to find a new manager. Failed miserably.
Tan: Has divided the fan base and created a hateful and angry atmosphere. Has taken away the joy of football for many.
Ole: Clueless. Tactically inept. Ridiculous subs. Seemingly cannot motivate a team. Out of his depth.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Totally agree on all you said. You should write a book !! The lack of passion for the fight is heartbreaking and OGS is way out of his league here and totally tactically naive.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:51 pm

We look terrible at home....The pressure or the atmosphere has got to the players. Away we look quite good.

IMO- sell Marshall, Caulker, Medel, Mutch, let Tan take the Parachute payments and pay him rent for the stadium and just let him go....

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:58 pm

We have been sheit since 2/3 the way through last season. Malky sheit! Ole sheit! Tan sheit! Dalman sheit! Players don't try a leg and don't give a sheit!!! Fans too busy singing songs about Tan and we'll always be blue rather than try and raise the roof to get behind the players. The whole place is sheit and heading for a big downward spiral :evil:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' CLUELESS/NAIVE OLE & A TEAM OF INDIVIDUALS '

Tan and Ole's followers will try to bash me down once again, but the facts dont lie, we are going down, but going down without a fight and that to me hurts. :cry:

Even Ole agrees with me regarding his tactics
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139211

In the last 3 games, we have conceded 12 goals, under Ole we have time and time again been hammered by poor teams 4 nil by Hull City at home, 3 nil by the Jacks and today hammered by Palace at home 3 nil :o :shock: :shock:

So fans want exciting football and these so called great players like Zaha/Kenwyne Jones who play when they want too and half the time go missing. Sorry not for me.

We concede more than we score,it reminds me of Kevin Keegans managers days, the prob is we havent even got the players to even go down that route.

I would rather have what some of you call boring managers like Malky Mackay,Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce. I will say this , we would have a hard working team, maybe boring at tines, but a team with fight that never gives in and would play as a team not a bunch of individuals who play when they want too and dont care one bit, seen that before under DJ.

All week Ive been looking forward to this game, like the many other thousands, this was our big game, the one that really mattered, well from the first second it looked like we had come to play in a Sunday League game. Where was the fight,passion and the tactics?

Its easy to raise your game against Liverpool/Man City etc and attack them and excite the fans, but we have not got one point from a top 10 team under Ole and then we have been hammered by the teams in the bottom half.

I think we managed one real shot on target today. Palace have only scored 6 goals away from home all season and won only 2 and yet they took all 3points of us so easy, I still cant believe how easy they did it.

Ole talks a good one, but he is well out of his depth and its time many others woke up and were honest with themselves, Ol great guy, but well out of his depth in the Premier League.

Tan wanted a name and he chose Ole, but not for his management skills or management experience, but for his pathetic craze with Red/Man United and all the shit that goes with it.

Tan needs an advisor in football who will stand up to him, because if he does not this club will never rise again.

Dalman in my opinion is just as bad, today praising how far this club has gone forward in the last 3 months ,surely he should be saying all this if we had stayed up.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139108 :o

At this moment I am still in shock by todays performance if u can call it a performance. :cry:

Where do we go from here, thats the biggest question of all?

I am sorry mister "your tactics", i failed to see your pre match comments! Please show me the link to that. No, you are just shouting shit like you have been for the last 10 years. Im gutted the likes of Medel, Mutch and Turner didnt have it in them to lead us forward today. But from you and Zaha i expected nothing, and got exactly that :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Have to say it is impossible not to agree with a lot of what Annis says above and (not for the first time) I was left bemused by a substitution...

Kenwyne Jones for Don Cowie when we are chasing the game?? :o :shock: :?

All around me looked on in astonishment and several walked out at that stage

I think Ole will be here for The Championship attack next season and (as always) I will get behind both manager and team on the pitch, but I sincerely hope he has a 'plan' for his summer clear out, because we had a team of ne'er do wells out there today and (for the first time) I am openly criticising them all. None of them played for the shirt today and (for me) that stinks!

The list of players who can clear off in the summer is too long to list, but I hope no-one is relying on the returning loanees to "do a job" next season. What incentive have they got to try hard when they know they will be jettisoned again in event we should be promoted straight back up? None, in my eyes!

Fans were quiet again (19:27 Blue protest apart :thumbup: ) and out-sung by a good Palace support, who gave Wilfried Zaha far more support than we did!

But the irony of it all was that in reality, big game or not, it was "same old, same old" Cardiff City and that was majorly disappointing for supporters, if not the soon-to-depart players on the field :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:08 pm

The only positive thing I took away from today was the ground was a sea of blue again. I think nearly all fans have woken up to why this is so important and wearing blue is the one thing each individual CAN control about this very unenjoyable season.

As for today's performance - the players effort, managers tactics and atmosphere were all horrible - this club feels bankrupt in spirit.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 pm

annis is spot on with this post , championship next season and im not even sure if we will do well there as ole dosent have a clue what hes doin tbh :(

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 pm

When the team was announced today I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and from that moment I feared the worst and sadly wasn't surprised by the performance.

Since OGS was appointed manager ther have, in my opinion, been 3 really poor performances which were Swansea away, Hull and now Palace at home. In each of these games Zaha and Jones have started and on all 3 occasions both have failed to make any impact on the game. Given the amount of game time each player has had this season it's little wonder but why does OGS continue to pick them, in my opinion it just beggars belief. When you consider the case of Jones then Tony Pulis, having signed him at Stoke ,would know exactly what his failings are and it probably took him all of 30 seconds to tell his players how to stop him. Massive mistake by OGS and the chickens certainly came home to roost as a result.

But if that wasn't bad enough OGS subbed him for Don Cowie :o What the f**k was that about.

As far as Zaha is concerned he should be sent back to Man Utd because he simply isn't fit for purpose and shouldn't be selected, even for the bench, again this season.

In his post match interview OGS has said that despite his players being well prepared they lacked Quality and run out of ideas and belief. Unfuckingbelieveable thing to say in my opinion because he picked the team and it's his job to get them organised and he has failed again.

We are a club in crisis because even if OGS left, after our now certain relegation, who will the muppets running our club pick as his replacement. VT and his puppet Dalman have made a huge mistake with OGS and again in my opinion cannot be trusted to select his replacement because they will again go for celebrity over substance.

I actually feel sorry for OGS because he has taken the wrong job at absolutely the wrong time and this will damage him and he doesn't deserve it.

An utterly spineless performance today on a par with anything we witnessed most every season under DJ.

Only at Cardiff City - Eh.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:11 pm

I doubt that Malky was an angel and the compensation case no doubt will throw stuff up....However he did have a clear game plan and we had dog.

Ole has not got a plan from one week to the next and has a book of football cliches for his match of the day interviews "the boys are hurting in the dressing room - sick as Norwegian parrots mate"

Having no game plan might even be forgivable if he was a man-manager - anyone who has played team sport at any level knows that fight and team spirit can achieve miracles.

Today I should be gutted but I wasnt - we were put out of our misery. Even after ten minutes you could see no passion, no Cajunas, no fight, no urgency (cambell and caulker apart). Palace set initially out to contain us ...they couldnt believe how inhibited City were

WTF is Kenwyne Jones about ????

I cant forgive lack of fight ...DISGUSTING!!!!!

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:16 pm

It's his constant repeating of the same mistakes that highlights him as the poor manager he is. The following players keep missing 4 games then playing 1 then missing 3 and playing 2 etc etc. And when they come in they and no one around them know what they are doing or why they are there:

Kim, Gunnarsson, Jones, Zaha, Bellamy

Formation: What is it?

Identity: we have none.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:There are 3 main reasons why we are going down:-

1) Tans madness
3) Oles poor tactics

The players also have their part to play, but if their have not got the quality there is fucall they can do.

There's is no one person to blame for this but a combined effort. The only people who have not let the club down this season are the fans.

On the way home I was thinking the very same, the whole club needs sorting starting at the very top. The board are clearly yes people, no way to run any business unless you want it to fail.

As Annis said Tan desperately needs a Football adviser who will stand up to him and tell him blue is blue. Leaving the football to the football people.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:17 pm

All the points made in this post are a 100 percent spot on where do we go from here? thats a good question ill be honest with out sounding negative i cant see us beating southampton next week either, there is just no bottle or belief in that squad, i think.Ole should man up and tell players what each performance was like instead of pussy footing around them individually. Extra work & hours need to be done on that training ground each player needs to win a place in that side. I really dont know whats next ? Vincent Tan is an absolute idiot for his antics throughout the season.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:18 pm

I agree with everything Annis has said. We lost today to a very ordinary Palace team, they must have thought christmas had come early. The difference in the two teams was easy to see, Palace did the basics properly without any frills, were organised as you would expext from Pulis and of course new how to defend. On the other hand City were disorganised and played as though nobody new each other, lacked passion, fight, desire and of course are incapable of defending. This supposed to have been a relegation battle but it turned out to be a pleasant tea party where Palace were the guests. Make no mistake this was a shocking performance for a game of such massive importance. Place should not have left the CCS without anything, that's how it should be in games of this magnitude. City fans are passionate, if we go down fighting then i accept that, today was totally embarrassing. City are going down not with the worst squad but because of managerial inexperience at Premiership level. What a tragic cock up !

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 pm

This disastrous season can only be be blamed on the person at the top. Like all businesses, you always tend to find those at he bottom of the pile do what then need to do to stay employed, but as you get further up the food chain it starts to become the domain of the managers and above who are/need to be arse lickers. Above that at Boardroom level we have got a snakepit full of yes men all without exception terrified of Tan. Tan is happy with this , in fact insists on it, so if he stays so does the regime. If that is the case I am out.Its not fun anymore :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Actually, I wouldn´t blame this one on tactics. Football it´s a lot more than tactics, although reading the posts here, it sounds like tactics is all that counts. Ole talking the way he did in that interview, is him taking responsibility for the lost, not putting it on the players, which any other manager easily would be tempted to do. We didn´t lose because he played Cambell out wide, we lost because the players went out on the pitch with their shoulders high as heaven, which of course, Ole partically has to take responsibility for. The way I read the game, those were the main tactical priorities:

1. CP must not score the first goal. Therefore, be patient, keep the ball without risk in the midfield. You could read that on Daehli´s behaviour, passing the ball back to safety instead of running with it, with the risk of losing it central.

2. Play the ball out wide and get it in front of goal. CP was sitting back and defended very well in the middle. Seems like the right thing to do. Just that Zaha, or anyone else, was unable to deliver it.

Then what happend? Of course CP scored, the worst thing that could happen. And this was in a period that the players were starting to act more confidently. After a nervous first 15 minutes, they finally managed to keep on to the ball without risk and slowly starting breaking down CP´s defence. Getting the ball out wide. At this point the game plan seemed to be working quite well.

Then CP scored. And I don´t agree with Ole saying it was the second goal that changed the attitude among the players, they actually reacted quite badly already on the first one, as if they on forehand all had agreed on, this was what ABSOLUTELY NOT should happen. This was the way they could lose the game. After the first goal, I thing we witnessed the belief fading away minute for minute. The only way we would have been able to get into the game and break down CP defence, was to either get the ball in from the flanks, or take on players one to one to catch their defence unbalanced. Zaha tried, but did not succeed.

Then the second half was the Hull game all over again. A total disaster. Medel and Mutch having their worse performance of the year made us lose the midfield completely. Daeli went missing. It felt like there was nothing to do. I can´t see which tactical changes that would have brought us back into the game, when the players performed as bad as they did. Passing was poor, the crossings were poor, no one ever passed one single CP player one to one, the set pieces was terrible. I think we can leave most of the tactics of out this, the players went out there with shoulders above their heads. This is a difficult part of the game, to make the players perform under pressure. Last week, they handled it quite well. Being at home, playing the match they HAD to win, was a bit too much to ask. Unfortunately. It takes time to build confidence.

But we have seen the quality in the squad, we know it´s there. Next week, the match will totally different. I will not be shocked if we go and beat a Southampton having not much to play for. A win there, we are back into the fight. I refuse to give up.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:35 pm

If your saying that Malky wasn't out his depth in the Premier League then your kidding yourself. It's incredible, anyone who walked into our job always faced a battle due to the fact we had a squad who was scared to be shot by a sniper if they crossed the opposition half because it was bred by a manager who has no clue how to play Football or produce it. Im grateful for what Malky done but in a quick summary he had a great personality but when it came to football it was horrible to watch. I was paying money to hope that we get set pieces because it was bred by a bad manager. If he was still here I wouldn't have renewed. I think managers deserve summer/pre season.. Walking in mid season with not much dollar to spend because of Malky blowing it all and not prioritising positions, I wouldn't trust him to put my trolley back if he offered. Ole deserves the summer and pre season to build and make his team. I feel sorry for Ole more than anything and I ain't going to criticise too much because I kind of saw this coming after Malky putting us there.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:36 pm

We've not been good enough from the start.
It's been a season to forget that's for sure.
Don't fully understand "Tans and Ole's followers" comment.
Think it's just a petty comment from a petty individual to be honest.Ole is employed by Tan,as Malky Was.Ole Isn't a yes Man for him. If that were the case then fair enough, but is been stated publically that Ole was Dalmans choice.
The idea that this "Red Loving Tan Army" of fans Forced Malky out and Ole in,is remedial thinking at best.

Malkys retained list was far to sentimental,Cornelius and Peter O were bad choices.
Tans Meddling was catastrophic.
Ole's lack of experience is damaging our status.
His choices of players in January clearly pointed to a relegation and promotion push.

All in All to coin a Phrase, " we have to dust ourselves off and go again".

Turning on Fans won't fix or alter anything.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 pm

I find it rather disgusting how supporters are pinning on this on Ole along with Tan.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

castleblue wrote:
Since OGS was appointed manager ther have, in my opinion, been 3 really poor performances which were Swansea away, Hull and now Palace at home. In each of these games Zaha and Jones have started and on all 3 occasions both have failed to make any impact on the game. Given the amount of game time each player has had this season it's little wonder but why does OGS continue to pick them, in my opinion it just beggars belief. When you consider the case of Jones then Tony Pulis, having signed him at Stoke ,would know exactly what his failings are and it probably took him all of 30 seconds to tell his players how to stop him. Massive mistake by OGS and the chickens certainly came home to roost as a result.

But if that wasn't bad enough OGS subbed him for Don Cowie :o What the f**k was that about.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I don´t agree Jones was our worst player today. Actually, I think he did quite well the first half, winning most of his duels, both in the air and on the group, kept the ball up on several occasions and even delivered the ball quite nice out the flanks. The second half the whole team collapsed, with Medel and Mutch, in my eyes, as the biggest disappointments. Zaha was no good, i agree on that, but neither was Noone when he came in. Didn´t make much impact at all. Jones was replayed with Cowie, because Caulker was put forward to fill his role. I suppose Cowie´s job was to contribute to higher pressure in the midfield since Medel and Mutch obviously needed help.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:51 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I find it rather disgusting how supporters are pinning on this on Ole along with Tan.

i do too, OLE was offered the post and took it............tan employs him thats all..had he been a huge success the people who couple Ole to Tan now ..would be saying its in spite of Tan........this EVERYTHING that goes wrong is Tans doing and anything that goes right is in spite of him is pathetic and childish

i over heard some around me in the canton today say they intend on boycotting the rest of the season

Dve wrote:Actually, I wouldn´t blame this one on tactics. Football it´s a lot more than tactics, although reading the posts here, it sounds like tactics is all that counts. Ole talking the way he did in that interview, is him taking responsibility for the lost, not putting it on the players, which any other manager easily would be tempted to do. We didn´t lose because he played Cambell out wide, we lost because the players went out on the pitch with their shoulders high as heaven, which of course, Ole partically has to take responsibility for. The way I read the game, those were the main tactical priorities:

1. CP must not score the first goal. Therefore, be patient, keep the ball without risk in the midfield. You could read that on Daehli´s behaviour, passing the ball back to safety instead of running with it, with the risk of losing it central.

2. Play the ball out wide and get it in front of goal. CP was sitting back and defended very well in the middle. Seems like the right thing to do. Just that Zaha, or anyone else, was unable to deliver it.

Then what happend? Of course CP scored, the worst thing that could happen. And this was in a period that the players were starting to act more confidently. After a nervous first 15 minutes, they finally managed to keep on to the ball without risk and slowly starting breaking down CP´s defence. Getting the ball out wide. At this point the game plan seemed to be working quite well.

Then CP scored. And I don´t agree with Ole saying it was the second goal that changed the attitude among the players, they actually reacted quite badly already on the first one, as if they on forehand all had agreed on, this was what ABSOLUTELY NOT should happen. This was the way they could lose the game. After the first goal, I thing we witnessed the belief fading away minute for minute. The only way we would have been able to get into the game and break down CP defence, was to either get the ball in from the flanks, or take on players one to one to catch their defence unbalanced. Zaha tried, but did not succeed.

Then the second half was the Hull game all over again. A total disaster. Medel and Mutch having their worse performance of the year made us lose the midfield completely. Daeli went missing. It felt like there was nothing to do. I can´t see which tactical changes that would have brought us back into the game, when the players performed as bad as they did. Passing was poor, the crossings were poor, no one ever passed one single CP player one to one, the set pieces was terrible. I think we can leave most of the tactics of out this, the players went out there with shoulders above their heads. This is a difficult part of the game, to make the players perform under pressure. Last week, they handled it quite well. Being at home, playing the match they HAD to win, was a bit too much to ask. Unfortunately. It takes time to build confidence.

But we have seen the quality in the squad, we know it´s there. Next week, the match will totally different. I will not be shocked if we go and beat a Southampton having not much to play for. A win there, we are back into the fight. I refuse to give up.

Thank you dve for a sensible post! In this self pity pool of blame :ayatollah: Medel and Mutch should be leaders, today they where not, thats oles responsibility, and he will take it.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:There are 3 main reasons why we are going down:-

1) Tans madness
3) Oles poor tactics

Absolutely spot on mate.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm

We have been desperate for defenders since the dave jones era, why didn't we strengthen in this position