Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Boxing 17th May, Cleverly comeback, Lee Selby, Rees etc

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:38 pm

I've had a few messages regarding this so just wanted to do a thread as usual for anyone interested in tickets.

Clev has now signed with Matchroom and as such will be back fighting on Sky Sports starting with the show at Cardiffs Motorpoint Arena on Sat 17th May.

Clevs opponent for his first fight at Cruiserweight will be announced soon and the bill features a host of local talent inc Selby in an eliminator, Rees vs Buckland 2, Callum Smith vs Tobias Webb etc

Tickets priced at £30, £40, £60 and £120 for VIP Ringside will be with us soon and so if anyone fancies it then drop me a message. No booking fees as always...simply the face value of the ticket.

:happy1:

Re: Boxing 17th May, Cleverly comeback, Lee Selby, Rees etc

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm

worth the money just for the Rees Buckland match id say! :thumbup:

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:worth the money just for the Rees Buckland match id say! :thumbup:

What a fight that was! I was lucky enough to be at the show and didn't dare to blink! Definition of warriors.....and we get to see them do it all over again!! :o

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Gav Rees always gives value for money.

Clev isnt world level for me. I think hes gone cruiserweight as its an easier division. Same as Bellew.

I honestly think Kovalev has broken Clev mentally.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:10 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:Gav Rees always gives value for money.

Clev isnt world level for me. I think hes gone cruiserweight as its an easier division. Same as Bellew.

No shame in losing to Kovalev. He'll be at the very elite level until hes finished.

Regarding Clev being broken mentally - guess we'll find out if that's true over the next 7 months. :thumbup:

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:44 pm

it will be interesting to see if clev can handle the weight difference, it wasn't so long back that he said he could go down in weight easily so to jump up a weight class was bizzare but hey it could be a good thing, losing to kovalev is nothing to be ashamed of he is an animal and I believe will spark Stevenson out when they do fight, be interesting to see clev with the quality cuiser's e.g afoloabi would be very interesting match up, he gets past afoloabi then I wouldn't mind seeing him in with huck etc and of course the bellew rematch must happen for the british public since the cuiser weight is kinda gash over here

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Boxer1 wrote:

No shame in losing to Kovalev. He'll be at the very elite level until hes finished.

Regarding Clev being broken mentally - guess we'll find out if that's true over the next 7 months. :thumbup:

Absolutely. Didnt say there was any shame in it, I just think he has broken him.

Clev has not impressed for over 3 years if you are totally honest.

He struggled against Bellew, then went out to the states trying to get with Golden Boy and that didnt work out for him, he lost to Kovalev and I think it could have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Hes not like most boxers, he is a very intelligent boy and doesnt NEED boxing, like some fighters whereby boxing is the only way they can put food on the table.

For me, and I could be wrong, his appetite for the sport isnt as it should be, he seems to be doubting himself which is a massive hurdle to overcome in a sport like boxing.

I hope I am proved wrong because he comes across a nice guy. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

Absolutely. Didnt say there was any shame in it, I just think he has broken him.

He struggled against Bellew, then went out to the states trying to get with Golden Boy and that didnt work out for him, he lost to Kovalev and I think it could have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Hes not like most boxers, he is a very intelligent boy and doesnt NEED boxing, like some fighters whereby boxing is the only way they can put food on the table.

For me, and I could be wrong, his appetite for the sport isnt as it should be, he seems to be doubting himself which is a massive hurdle to overcome in a sport like boxing.

He was down after the Kov loss. No doubt about it. He felt he let people down.

One thing that i will say though is he's buzzing to have gotten everything behind the scenes sorted and can now solely concentrate on fighting. It may not come across strongly in interviews because hes a very laid back person anyway but his appetite is back. The break has done him good.

Hope the CCFC fans will get behind him as they always do. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 am

citybluechris wrote:it will be interesting to see if clev can handle the weight difference, it wasn't so long back that he said he could go down in weight easily so to jump up a weight class was bizzare but hey it could be a good thing, losing to kovalev is nothing to be ashamed of he is an animal and I believe will spark Stevenson out when they do fight, be interesting to see clev with the quality cuiser's e.g afoloabi would be very interesting match up, he gets past afoloabi then I wouldn't mind seeing him in with huck etc and of course the bellew rematch must happen for the british public since the cuiser weight is kinda gash over here

The plan is to fight on May 17th, then again August-ish time and then Bellew in Liverpool in November. This SHOULD ultimately be in some kind of an eliminator and then winner will fight for a world title in 2015.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 am

Boxer1 wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

He was down after the Kov loss. No doubt about it. He felt he let people down.

One thing that i will say though is he's buzzing to have gotten everything behind the scenes sorted and can now solely concentrate on fighting. It may not come across strongly in interviews because hes a very laid back person anyway but his appetite is back. The break has done him good.

Hope the CCFC fans will get behind him as they always do. :ayatollah:

I am sure they will :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Boxer1 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:it will be interesting to see if clev can handle the weight difference, it wasn't so long back that he said he could go down in weight easily so to jump up a weight class was bizzare but hey it could be a good thing, losing to kovalev is nothing to be ashamed of he is an animal and I believe will spark Stevenson out when they do fight, be interesting to see clev with the quality cuiser's e.g afoloabi would be very interesting match up, he gets past afoloabi then I wouldn't mind seeing him in with huck etc and of course the bellew rematch must happen for the british public since the cuiser weight is kinda gash over here

The plan is to fight on May 17th, then again August-ish time and then Bellew in Liverpool in November. This SHOULD ultimately be in some kind of an eliminator and then winner will fight for a world title in 2015.

am I correct in saying nathans being trained by Darren Wilson now? whatever is going on looks a lot like handbags on fb from vince

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 pm

citybluechris wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

am I correct in saying nathans being trained by Darren Wilson now? whatever is going on looks a lot like handbags on fb from vince

Yeah. Its all gone a bit unnecessarily public to be honest but Darren Wilson has been chosen as Clevs trainer. Nath feels comfortable with him and we're all looking forward to May 17th :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Is Stephen Morris aka Shrek from Merthyr Vale still part of the Team Clev gang? :lol:

used to work up with me, hes f8cking nuts. :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:09 pm

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:Is Stephen Morris aka Shrek from Merthyr Vale still part of the Team Clev gang? :lol:

Ha ha. He's still hanging around :ayatollah: . Phoned me yesterday for tickets!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Boxer1 wrote:
CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:Is Stephen Morris aka Shrek from Merthyr Vale still part of the Team Clev gang? :lol:

Ha ha. He's still hanging around :ayatollah: . Phoned me yesterday for tickets!

He loves Clev :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Be interesting to see if hes strong enough mentaly to recover from that last fight. Was quite a setback for him which i bet knocked his confidence a fair bit. Hope he is though and he can learn from it, move on and regain a world title

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Boxer1 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

Yeah. Its all gone a bit unnecessarily public to be honest but Darren Wilson has been chosen as Clevs trainer. Nath feels comfortable with him and we're all looking forward to May 17th :ayatollah:

whatevers best for nath to get his head straight and focused can only be a good thing :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm

citybluechris wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

whatevers best for nath to get his head straight and focused can only be a good thing :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Boxer1 wrote:I've had a few messages regarding this so just wanted to do a thread as usual for anyone interested in tickets.

Clev has now signed with Matchroom and as such will be back fighting on Sky Sports starting with the show at Cardiffs Motorpoint Arena on Sat 17th May.

Clevs opponent for his first fight at Cruiserweight will be announced soon and the bill features a host of local talent inc Selby in an eliminator, Rees vs Buckland 2, Callum Smith vs Tobias Webb etc

Tickets priced at £30, £40, £60 and £120 for VIP Ringside will be with us soon and so if anyone fancies it then drop me a message. No booking fees as always...simply the face value of the ticket.

Any ideas if Cardiffs unbeaten Cruiser-weight Craig 'the kid' Kennedy is on the bill? :?:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 pm

CF3Bluebird wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:I've had a few messages regarding this so just wanted to do a thread as usual for anyone interested in tickets.

Any ideas if Cardiffs unbeaten Cruiser-weight Craig 'the kid' Kennedy is on the bill? :?:

Nothing yet. Craig imo should move heaven and earth to try and get on this show. He's not tied to a promotor and his ticket sales alone mean that Eddie Hearn won't lose out! Heard he's fighting for a recognised title next time out. Fingers crossed.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:37 pm

hes looking good craig hopefully goes far would be good to get him on one of these cards

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:36 pm

wasn't craig kennedy lined up to box hari miles but miles got some sort of injury now?

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Im going limo style with the gang from work :thumbup:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:14 pm

citybluechris wrote:wasn't craig kennedy lined up to box hari miles but miles got some sort of injury now?

Yes mate.......Craig needs a break out fight and Miles would've been perfect! Pulled out of a scheduled meeting with a back problem......Same as Brooks did also previously.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Im going limo style with the gang from work :thumbup:

Any space ha ha :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Boxer1 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:wasn't craig kennedy lined up to box hari miles but miles got some sort of injury now?

Yes mate.......Craig needs a break out fight and Miles would've been perfect! Pulled out of a scheduled meeting with a back problem......Same as Brooks did also previously.

I must admit I don't know much about craig unlike miles, miles have had some seriously bad luck and hard fights over the years, hopefully this does happen though

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am

citybluechris wrote:
Boxer1 wrote:

I must admit I don't know much about craig unlike miles, miles have had some seriously bad luck and hard fights over the years, hopefully this does happen though

Crai's last 2 title attempts (welsh title) were called off with bad backs as the above fella said. Brooks n Miles. ive been to most of his shows, would love to see him get in there with a top 10 UK cruiser now and push on. Spot on regarding the promoting, steve robinson doing it by default, id be fighting for free to get on this bill. looks awesome. Hes pushing for prize fighter later this yr, time to go up another level now. watch the space

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 am

As a starting point I've just had the following delivered -

40 x £40 tickets
8 x £60 tickets
4 x £120 tickets (VIP Ringside with a free bar from 6pm-8pm)

We're already ordering more but these are what i have for now. Let me know if anyone is interested.

:)

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Only £40 tickets left at present..... hoping to get some other prices on order asap.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am

We've just had more tickets in! Can now supply up to 12 sat together in the £40 seats in case groups fancy it.....Have some more £60's as well as the £120 tickets (VIP first few rows of Ringside with a free bar from 6pm-8pm). The VIPs have been unbelievably popular.

Opponent to be announced this week for Clev all being well. Selby is fighting Romulo Koasicha (21 wins, 3 losses) in a WBC featherweight title eliminator.

Lots of local lads on the bill inc Dale Evans, Chris Jenkins, Mitch Buckland, Robbie Turley plus the Rees vs Buckland rematch. Should be a great night :ayatollah: