Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Espanol to hijack Javi Guerra's Cardiff move

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Wednesday 12th March 2014.

Transfer news: Espanyol set to hijack Cardiff City's move for Javi Guerra if Bluebirds are relegated

Cardiff City revealed that they had completed a pre-contract agreement to bring striker Javi Guerra to South Wales after missing out on his signature in the January window but now it all looks in doubt

Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan claimed he was responsible for tying down on a pre-contract agreement last month.

Javi Guerra's proposed move to Cardiff City looks to be in danger
Cardiff City could miss out on Spanish striker Javi Guerra if they are relegated from the Premier League.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer failed in his late deadline day bid to capture the striker earlier this season but, within days details were revealed regarding the 31-year-old signing a three-year contract to join the Bluebirds this summer.

Now Barcelona based Espanyol are reportedly in the hunt to snatch the Rayo Valladolid striker , who Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan claimed he was responsible for tying down on a pre-contract agreement last month.

Espanyol boss Javier Aguirre is understood to be an admirer of Guerra, who has fired 12 La Liga goals so far this season.

The striker, whose current club are teetering on the bring of relegation out of La Liga, stirred the pot further by saying recently: "Cardiff are still interested, but I have not signed anything with anyone.

"There are teams interested, but they have to wait until the summer.

"I am now focused on saving Valladolid."

Reports in Spain today claim Guerra would only move to the Bluebirds if they retain their Premier League status and that Espanyol are the front runners to capture his signature.

Re: Espanol to hijack Javi Guerra's Cardiff move

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 pm

thomasblue wrote:Transfer news: Espanyol set to hijack Cardiff City's move for Javi Guerra if Bluebirds are relegated

Cardiff City revealed that they had completed a pre-contract agreement to bring striker Javi Guerra to South Wales after missing out on his signature in the January window but now it all looks in doubt

Javi Guerra's proposed move to Cardiff City looks to be in danger
Cardiff City could miss out on Spanish striker Javi Guerra if they are relegated from the Premier League.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer failed in his late deadline day bid to capture the striker earlier this season but, within days details were revealed regarding the 31-year-old signing a three-year contract to join the Bluebirds this summer.

Now Barcelona based Espanyol are reportedly in the hunt to snatch the Rayo Valladolid striker , who Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan claimed he was responsible for tying down on a pre-contract agreement last month.

Espanyol boss Javier Aguirre is understood to be an admirer of Guerra, who has fired 12 La Liga goals so far this season.

The striker, whose current club are teetering on the bring of relegation out of La Liga, stirred the pot further by saying recently: "Cardiff are still interested, but I have not signed anything with anyone.

"There are teams interested, but they have to wait until the summer.

"I am now focused on saving Valladolid."

Reports in Spain today claim Guerra would only move to the Bluebirds if they retain their Premier League status and that Espanyol are the front runners to capture his signature.

I dont know much about this guy but when I heard we had signed him it didnt really fill me with confidence. Although, I must admit that wasnt really based on anything factual apart from his age and the fact I had never heard of him before.

If we stay up I'd like to think we could bring somebody proven in and a bit younger.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm

why would he want to play for Cardiff or Espanyol when Real Vallodolid are better than Barcelona (1-0) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Link?

Was he actually quoted as saying, "I have not signed anything with anyone"?

If so, our ol' chum Vinny is a complete tool for blowing his own trumpet.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Probably depend on whether we avoid relegation or not. Most likely part of the pre contract agreement that he will join us if we stay up, and keep his options open to a move if we go down

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm Feeling Blue wrote:Link?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ck-6805922?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm

There are class players in the championship as jamie varney showed last night, with 2 ricidulously good finishes, yet we agree a deal for a 31 year old Spaniard?.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:
I'm Feeling Blue wrote:Link?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ck-6805922?

Don't you normally announce signings when there is a concrete agreement between both parties? Smacks of unprofessionalism, I can't envisage Lewandoski turning round and saying he actually didn't have an agreement with Bayern, when Bayern announced his impending move to them. If it was on conditions then they should of kept quiet.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:There are class players in the championship as jamie varney showed last night, with 2 ricidulously good finishes, yet we agree a deal for a 31 year old Spaniard?.

I have ther feeling he will be excellent, the issue is if he actually is going to sign after all

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Thought this would happen a few weeks back..
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137421&hilit=+Pre+contract

Was under the impression he was signed as a pre contract ...

More lies Mr Tan?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

http://www.lawinsport.com/blog/john-she ... n-football

pre contracts aren't worth shit. He has signed one but they are unenforceable.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm

There's been loads of cases where players sign a pre contract then end up somewhere else .
They are also full of clauses like it sounds here , if we go down the deal is off .

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm

can imagine it is off if we go down

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Always on the sheet not joining if we go down. Looks to me like a cambell type of player with some skill on goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_stslNwGzM

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

More lies by Tan. Starting to understand football? My arse! :roll:

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:53 pm

If he hasnt signed anything why say wont come if relegated? Doesnt have to say sod all because he has supposidly not signed?
Can only be clause in pre contract stating wont come itf relegated! unless someone has better idea?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Didnt we pay a club 1mil to sign cala,who had the same i:e a Pre-contract with another club?no surprise to me if he included a clause regards where we are next year.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Didnt we pay a club 1mil to sign cala,who had the same i:e a Pre-contract with another club?no surprise to me if he included a clause regards where we are next year.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Ooops! Fat fingers!!

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Espanyol can f**k off

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:There are class players in the championship as jamie varney showed last night, with 2 ricidulously good finishes, yet we agree a deal for a 31 year old Spaniard?.

Vardy you mean? Who played non league football until 2011, is 27 years old and got 20 goals in 65 matches in Championship?

Id rather go for an established La Liga goalscorer who is 31.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Thought this would happen a few weeks back..
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137421&hilit=+Pre+contract

Was under the impression he was signed as a pre contract ...

More lies Mr Tan?

MORE LIES
OH NO
A PRE-CONTRACT THAT CAN EASILY BE OVERTURNED, OH NO TAN!! TAN OUT
MORE LIES, TAN OUT

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Tan didn't lie, he has signed a pre-contract. He didn't say the clauses in the contract/if there were any (which us being relegated probably is a clause).

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 pm

This was mooted on the day he supposedly signed his Pre-Comtract but CraigCCFC knew different.

CraigCCFC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm wrote:
Wayne S » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm wrote:Yeah, this guy ain't coming if we go down. He'll get out of the pre-contract or have another club buy it out.

He liked the contract just wasn't up for the a relegation fight.

If he wasnt up for a fight why would he stay at a team in 18th in la liga??

Some of our fans are fudging clefs fair play.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Didnt we pay a club 1mil to sign cala,who had the same i:e a Pre-contract with another club?no surprise to me if he included a clause regards where we are next year.

No we paid his previous club to buy out his contract so he could joinnus after the deadline

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Roathie take a bow once again. 5 weeks ago.....

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Cant see Guerra signing for you if you go down.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Roathie take a bow once again. 5 weeks ago.....

To be honest I think we all kind of assumed this would be the case.

There was just a faint hope we were paying enough for him to still want to play for us in the second tier.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I'd anyone worried.

Good player clearly and be good to sign but if we don't ole had an entire season to recruit and get What malky couldn't in 3 years and thats bloody fullbacks and a striker.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 pm

ROATHIE WAS RIGHT, ROATHIE IS MYSTIC MEG AND NOSTRADAMUS INTO ONE, ALL HAIL ROATHIE
ROATHIE IS GOD
ROATHIE IS HERO

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:

ROATHIE WAS RIGHT, ROATHIE IS MYSTIC MEG AND NOSTRADAMUS INTO ONE, ALL HAIL ROATHIE
ROATHIE IS GOD
ROATHIE IS HERO

It's sad someone can feel the need to want to prove them themselves right so much. I enjoy debating honestly and bring proved wrong at times, I think that's called normal.