Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ashley Williams

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

He's not even Welsh :laughing6:

Re: Ashley Williams

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:He's not even Welsh :laughing6:

Wait for roathy ,chuckles and Swansea lads responses :)

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 pm

If Germany fans demanded their team be pedigree Germans, they would lose half their team as they stole most of them from Austria and Poland. They are not retarded like our fans though.

It is a fact if he wasn't a jack no one would complain.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:If Germany fans demanded their team be pedigree Germans, they would lose half their team as they stole most of them from Austria and Poland. They are not retarded like our fans though.

Very true.

Got to admit I don't agree with his qualification criteria.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm

I get bored of all this

If you disagree with the qualifying criteria thats fine but its a different argument

If you want to chant hes not even Welsh to Ashley Williams go for it but make sure you give the same chants to Boaz Myhill, Sam Ricketts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Jack Collison, Jonathan Williams and Sam Vokes.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 pm

You are such an embarrassing and boring poster.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 pm

i do wonder...if it were NOW he had to choose,would it still be Wales he picked............or would he be thinking outside chance of England ?
people view this very differently, an English cap wouldnt mean a great deal to me,not because im anti English but because im Welsh.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Wales are shit --- should be grateful

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Fuk we need more foreigners, even tho I would not put Williams in that class, otherwise we will be garbage for ever.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:Fuk we need more foreigners, even tho I would not put Williams in that class, otherwise we will be garbage for ever.

Are you angry that Mackay was born in the same timezone as him?.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Fuk we need more foreigners, even tho I would not put Williams in that class, otherwise we will be garbage for ever.

The only thing that I'm angry about is how shit gunnarsson was last night, embarrassed cardiff as usual. :ole:

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:

The only thing that I'm angry about is how shit gunnarsson was last night, embarrassed cardiff as usual. :ole:

Why the little flag at the end, it is as if you are genuinely trying to cause division between the fans.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:

Why the little flag at the end, it is as if you are genuinely trying to cause division between the fans.

Why because I am fully behind the current manager, ye that makes sense :? Why cream over a past manager that will never be back, that is what causes a divide between fans :ole:

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Daya wrote:Wales are shit --- should be grateful

yeh and england are trying their best to be as shit,fooking awful last night as usual!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Yes because getting behind the current manager means treating the last like shit. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:02 pm

He's eligible according to the rules, is obviously proud to play for Wales and wear the armband and is a bloody good defender who can actually play football. Some of his long range passing last night was outstanding. :thumbup:
He even sings the anthem! ;)
Despise the guy when's he's up against us mind, but can't recall him ever being a nob like, Tate, Trundle or any of the cheating amigos.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Valley Lad wrote:He's eligible according to the rules, is obviously proud to play for Wales and wear the armband and is a bloody good defender who can actually play football. Some of his long range passing last night was outstanding. :thumbup:
He even sings the anthem! ;)
Despise the guy when's he's up against us mind, but can't recall him ever being a nob like, Tate, Trundle or any of the cheating amigos.

Williams, Davies and Taylor seem like sound guys, can't see why anyone would be a dick towards them. Tate, monk and trundle would be a different story tho if they played for Wales, total bellends.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Solid player, shouldn't be captain.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Anti-Williams songs are an embarrassment which ever way you look at it. Some of our fans are mind-numbingly stupid

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:I get bored of all this

If you disagree with the qualifying criteria thats fine but its a different argument

If you want to chant hes not even Welsh to Ashley Williams go for it but make sure you give the same chants to Boaz Myhill, Sam Ricketts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Jack Collison, Jonathan Williams and Sam Vokes.

Jonathan Williams is Welsh mate

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Remember when Coleman approached Turner and asked if he wanted to play for us? If he said yes doubt half our lot would be moaning. As long as he's proud to wear the shirt and gives 100% and sings the anthem then that's good enough for me. Besides if he didn't play for Wales who else is there to play at centre half? Ricketts? No thanks..

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:If Germany fans demanded their team be pedigree Germans, they would lose half their team as they stole most of them from Austria and Poland. They are not retarded like our fans though.

Very true.

Got to admit I don't agree with his qualification criteria.

No one really gives a toss whether you agree or not because, as far as I'm aware, you were not consulted when the rules were made. Unless of course I'm wrong............

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 pm

JB123 wrote:

not if you dont consider Ashley Williams to be Welsh

Williams was born in Kent in England however he meets the criteria to play for the Welsh team.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:55 pm

JB123 wrote:

Jonathan Williams qualifies only because his father was born in Anglesey!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:50 pm

PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

More qualified than Ashley. International football qualifications should be birth or if parent is from that country. However for as long as the current rule is in place wales might as well take as many players as we can.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

More qualified than Ashley. International football qualifications should be birth or if parent is from that country. However for as long as the current rule is in place wales might as well take as many players as we can.

and that just sums up the idiocy of our country 'im more welsh than you' you here it all the time its just elitist nonsense

the criteria allows both players to play for our country so they do simples.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

One player can't be "more qualified" than another. You either qualify or you don't. There are no degrees of qualification

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

One player can't be "more qualified" than another. You either qualify or you don't. There are no degrees of qualification

It's always an emotive subject and there is no need for a ccfc v jacks debate as some are having on here. For me the main criteria is obviously birth. The next criteria should be where parents are from. The only other criteria is residency and that should be like earnshaw. Move to country when you are young and live there for at least 10 years and you qualify.

I can understand grandparents rule but the one rule I can't understand is te one that allows the likes of boas myhill to play.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

It's always an emotive subject and there is no need for a ccfc v jacks debate as some are having on here. For me the main criteria is obviously birth. The next criteria should be where parents are from. The only other criteria is residency and that should be like earnshaw. Move to country when you are young and live there for at least 10 years and you qualify.

I can understand grandparents rule but the one rule I can't understand is te one that allows the likes of boas myhill to play.

whats wrong with Myhill his mother is Welsh?

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

There is not a main criteria, a secondary criteria etc etc. there are a group of criteria, none of which is more dominant than the others. You qualify by meeting any of the criteria. That's the rules!