Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:08 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:I get bored of all this

If you disagree with the qualifying criteria thats fine but its a different argument

If you want to chant hes not even Welsh to Ashley Williams go for it but make sure you give the same chants to Boaz Myhill, Sam Ricketts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Jack Collison, Jonathan Williams and Sam Vokes.

Jonathan Williams is Welsh mate

Jonathan Williams qualifies only because his father was born in Anglesey!

More qualified than Ashley. International football qualifications should be birth or if parent is from that country. However for as long as the current rule is in place wales might as well take as many players as we can.

One player can't be "more qualified" than another. You either qualify or you don't. There are no degrees of qualification

It's always an emotive subject and there is no need for a ccfc v jacks debate as some are having on here. For me the main criteria is obviously birth. The next criteria should be where parents are from. The only other criteria is residency and that should be like earnshaw. Move to country when you are young and live there for at least 10 years and you qualify.

I can understand grandparents rule but the one rule I can't understand is te one that allows the likes of boas myhill to play.

whats wrong with Myhill his mother is Welsh?

Apologies if I'm wrong but I thought myhill was born in USA to American parents and had lived here and got gb passport and like Eric Young was eligible to play for all 4 home nations.

Re: Ashley Williams

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

If you disagree with the qualifying criteria thats fine but its a different argument

If you want to chant hes not even Welsh to Ashley Williams go for it but make sure you give the same chants to Boaz Myhill, Sam Ricketts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Jack Collison, Jonathan Williams and Sam Vokes.

More qualified than Ashley. International football qualifications should be birth or if parent is from that country. However for as long as the current rule is in place wales might as well take as many players as we can.

One player can't be "more qualified" than another. You either qualify or you don't. There are no degrees of qualification

It's always an emotive subject and there is no need for a ccfc v jacks debate as some are having on here. For me the main criteria is obviously birth. The next criteria should be where parents are from. The only other criteria is residency and that should be like earnshaw. Move to country when you are young and live there for at least 10 years and you qualify.

I can understand grandparents rule but the one rule I can't understand is te one that allows the likes of boas myhill to play.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I thought myhill was born in USA to American parents and had lived here and got gb passport and like Eric Young was eligible to play for all 4 home nations.

his mother is from LLangollen

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PremierJacks wrote:
JB123 wrote:

his mother is from LLangollen

Fair enough. He deservedly qualifies

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Napoli Following Swansea City Defender

Ashley WilliamsEuropa LeagueKalidou KoulibalyNapoliPremier LeagueRacing GenkRafa BenitezSerie ASwansea City
Ashley Williams - SwanseaNapoli are reportedly following Swansea City defender Ashley Williams ahead of this summer’s transfer window.

The 29-year-old captain of the Swans will be out of contract with the Premier League side in June 2015, which has caused many to believe that he could be making his departure from the club in the near future, and it seems the Partenopei will be first to jump at the chance of possibly securing his services.

According to Il Mattino, Napoli boss Rafa Benitez was quite impressed by the Welsh international’s performances during the Serie A side’s Europa League round of 32 meetings with Swansea in February and could be considering making a bid for the player this summer.

The Azzurri will also still be aiming to sign Racing Genk defensive midfielder Kalidou Koulibaly at the end of the season as well, as Benitez is looking to strengthen the Italian club’s defence.

Ashley Williams, who has been with Swansea City since 2008, has scored one goal in his 32 league appearances for the Jacks this season thus far.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/04 ... -defender/?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:02 am

I always remember watching wales playing at Ninian park in the 80's and everyone booing Pat van den Hauwe......NOT.

I feel dirty and hypocrytical posting on a Blazing saddles thread YUCK!!!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Daya wrote:Wales are shit --- should be grateful

Granted, but we both know who has the best Individual and the obvious fact that England will be first on the plane home, yes?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:37 pm

CF3Bluebird wrote:

Granted, but we both know who has the best Individual and the obvious fact that England will be first on the plane home, yes?

At least they are there.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 pm

6 bysedd wrote:I always remember watching wales playing at Ninian park in the 80's and everyone booing Pat van den Hauwe......NOT.

I feel dirty and hypocrytical posting on a Blazing saddles thread YUCK!!!

I'm sure I heard you signing he's not even welsh, pat van den hauwe, he's not even welsh........

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Ash Williams qualifies as a Welsh international, behaves impeccably both on and off the field, was appointed as captain of Wales by the manager of Wales, plays for Wales and to my knowledge, has not played for any other country.

Therefore, with the greatest of respect to everyone's opinion on this forum, you are traitors if you boo him or sing negative chants about him IMHO!

This is just the kind of small-minded behaviour which can only damage our reputation as a nation bug also makes our club (Cardiff) seem full of moronic numbskulls, WHICH IT IS NOT!

Here's an idea:
Support your club by all means, but support your national side, whoever is playing.

If that deserves a ban, then go ahead because I don't want any part of a forum or club that indulges in mindless prejudice against something I hold dear.

And as a final thought: instead of questioning Ash W's motives and whether he would have played elsewhere, ask the same about Gareth Bale. I'm sure if he had wanted to, he could have found a reason to play for England, BUT HE DIDN'T! Good for him good for the country, good job the jacks don't slag him off because of his pedigree!!! They also don't give Bellers a hard time. Why do we have to be so bloody-minded?

TRUE BLUE

PROUD TO BE WELSH - PROUD TO SUPPORT ALL OUR TEAM

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:24 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
CF3Bluebird wrote:

At least they are there.

And Wales will be at the next big compo, you're only as good as your last match, England fans living off memory's, exactly the reason why i dont want them to win it, you'll never hear the end!

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:He's not even Welsh :laughing6:

That is correct......

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:58 pm

CF3Bluebird wrote:
CF3Bluebird wrote:

At least they are there.

And Wales will be at the next big compo, you're only as good as your last match, England fans living off memory's, exactly the reason why i dont want them to win it, you'll never hear the end!

If Wales ever won anything I wouldn't let anyone else forget about it especially the English. Wish them the best of luck this summer. Usually don't care how they do but will be supporting them against Uruguay because I f*cking hate Suarez.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm

CF3Bluebird wrote:
CF3Bluebird wrote:

At least they are there.

If Wales ever won anything I wouldn't let anyone else forget about it especially the English. Wish them the best of luck this summer. Usually don't care how they do but will be supporting them against Uruguay because I f*cking hate Suarez.

Each to their own, but you wont catch many Welshmen supporting England in any sport.