Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: There is one thing that is very positive regarding Tan/C

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Considering most money men have huge egos then any new owner who would purchase us and return us back to blue would acheive god like status amongst the fans. I hope this does go ahead and the sooner the better. There is a small possibility of course that we might attract another crackpot owner but the chances of them being worse than Tan is rare. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' There is one thing that is very positive regarding Tan/CCFC '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/?p=798 :ayatollah:

The Dictator/Mad man what ever you want to call Vincent Tan, thanks to his circus and his outbursts Cardiff City are now World wide known, from America,to Asia to Russia to Europe everyone has heard of us, so we are now a massive club. There will be buyers around the corner quicker than you think. :thumbup:

I know for a fact Tan wants out now of Cardiff City and the quicker the better in his eyes, but and there is a but of course he wants his money back. I believe because we are now out there in the World and everyone is talking about us, they can see the potential Cardiff City has. :thumbup:

Yes he will leave us as a divided fan base, but time is a healer :thumbup:

But he will leave us with a stadium capacity of 33,500 approx, which will appeal to many billionaires :thumbup:
Anyone who comes in,they will want to get the fans back on side and I can honestly see our full identity coming back, not in years to come, but within 2 years, those that stayed BLUE can feel proud and if you had not and just walked away, I honestly think we would of lost it forever, those that turned Red can now see the majority dont want it and never ever wanted it.

I see light at the end of this terrible dark tunnel :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes we will prob go down this season.

But I see us coming back up, but next time stronger than ever and we will have leant so much from this season, it will help our club in its future. :thumbup:

All is not lost fellow City Fans.

" WE ARE CARDIFF CITY AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " " BLUEBIRDS " :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hope you're right Annis. I couldn't stomach it and walked away but maybe there's hope yet that we can put all this nonsense behind us.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Sounds promising and hopefully a billionaire does by us off tan and turn us back blue. But here is my question for you Annis..... If we got relegated, in your opinion on what inside info you know, in the championship would we be playing in blue or red?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Hopefully when he goes, all the fans who took a red scarf can give them back to him as a going away present.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

If Tan is to leave can someone please explain who is going to pay him off? Who in their right mind would take over our £100m+ debt and basket-case club?

We are ridiculed worldwide not admired - there's certainly no queue of billionaires lined up in the CCS car park that's for sure!

Annis, I enjoy reading your posts, but your way off the mark on this one sorry!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm

HandyLegs wrote:If Tan is to leave can someone please explain who is going to pay him off? Who in their right mind would take over our £100m+ debt and basket-case club?

We are ridiculed worldwide not admired - there's certainly no queue of billionaires lined up in the CCS car park that's for sure!

Isn't that the same attitude that allowed the rebrand to happen ?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Good point as every club who had a one season wonder in the PL has now gone on to be owned by billionaires. Only a matter of time before the likes of Barnsley, Burnley and Blackpool get back into champions league places. Why the constant desire to be bought out by a mad foreign money man. Surely you dont see yourselves as a Chelsea or man city? More like a pompey or a Blackburn. Sam was the answer to your prayers and vinny was your knight in shinning armour maybe its about time your club took a hit and got back on its own two feet with cardiff money and people.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bspark wrote:There is no way he can get his money back because he has paid in too much. He has now put in about £100m, as a championship club we are at best worth £20-£25m, as a premiership club maybe £50-60m. No chance he can get his money back and for same reasons no chance he will turn debt to equity.

Fulham were sold for 150 million with a smaller stadium etc you will be surprised how much we are with especially with parachute payments thrown in for the next 4 year's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23297785 150-200 million pounds and we are bigger than fulham ;)

If our stadium was based near one of the most expensive areas of the uk for real estate values and we had been in the premiership for 10-12 years consecutively then I suppose we could be bigger than Fulham.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
HandyLegs wrote:If Tan is to leave can someone please explain who is going to pay him off? Who in their right mind would take over our £100m+ debt and basket-case club?

Isn't that the same attitude that allowed the rebrand to happen ?

But VT is getting a double whammy out of it, all those adverts sprawled across the stadium whilst the game is on.. Who the hell is Kenny Rogers Roasters??? :lol:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:00 am

Still 11 games and 33 points to play for and you have now resigned to relegation? Silly.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:45 am

I have a suspicion that IF we do get relegated, Tan may turn us back to blue to create a more harmonius club, that in itself would attract a new buyer.

Like most people who sell something, whether a house/car etc you always try to make it look better when it comes to selling :thumbup:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 am

lets be honest no one here knows whats going on.
Tan cancelling the trip players cancelling the trip
tan wanting out... tan floating... tan staying for the long term

its great entertainment though. lets wait untill something is confirmed rather than potential rubbish being put out :) :sleepy2: :wave:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

lewispenarth wrote:its great entertainment though. lets wait untill something is confirmed rather than potential rubbish being put out :) :sleepy2: :wave:

It's not great entertainment at all. It's attracting the wrong publicity and making us even more of a laughing stock. It's also unsettling for the players and just adds to the doom and gloom atmosphere on match days.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 pm

i was referring to this board being entertaining :thumbup:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 pm

The sooner the better!

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

It's devastating. We are going to fall back down the leagues.

Was it all worth it???

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm

This would be ideal. Tan out, someone else in, return to blue and get back on the buzz again

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:55 pm

With regards to the divided fan base I guess time will be a healer but that's 50 years down the line when red becomes the norm. In my opinion blue is the healer as that would unify the fan base immediately.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:08 pm

One important point mentioned in this post is that Tan would want his money back. Will take a lot of persuading to get an investor willing to gamble that much money on what is a relatively small club in comparison to most Premier league clubs. Not sure we are that well known worldwide. I spend a lot of time in the States, and am always surprised by the number of people who look at me with a blank expression when I tell them I'm from Wales, a lot of them have never heard of Wales never mind Cardiff. Hard to compare us with Fulham (mentioned earlier) who are based in a prospering city of over 8 million, compared to our city of around 350,000 located in a poorer part of the UK.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Fair play rules will also make it more difficult to find a buyer

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:02 pm

jackf wrote:Good point as every club who had a one season wonder in the PL has now gone on to be owned by billionaires. Only a matter of time before the likes of Barnsley, Burnley and Blackpool get back into champions league places. Why the constant desire to be bought out by a mad foreign money man. Surely you dont see yourselves as a Chelsea or man city? More like a pompey or a Blackburn. Sam was the answer to your prayers and vinny was your knight in shinning armour maybe its about time your club took a hit and got back on its own two feet with cardiff money and people.

Spot on.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:12 pm

markeMark wrote:One important point mentioned in this post is that Tan would want his money back. Will take a lot of persuading to get an investor willing to gamble that much money on what is a relatively small club in comparison to most Premier league clubs. Not sure we are that well known worldwide. I spend a lot of time in the States, and am always surprised by the number of people who look at me with a blank expression when I tell them I'm from Wales, a lot of them have never heard of Wales never mind Cardiff. Hard to compare us with Fulham (mentioned earlier) who are based in a prospering city of over 8 million, compared to our city of around 350,000 located in a poorer part of the UK.

Fulham maybe in the most prosperous city in the world with a population of 10 million, but they have grown as much as they will do. They have been in the Premiership for 9 years and still cant sell out 22k. Cardiff in comparison have much more potential, however, what I will say is that, their new owner Shahid Khan, has probably bought a London football club in order to establish an NFL franchise in the City, which would work perfectly with a ground share in the capital :thumbup:
So, for that reason that particular purchase makes sense for him.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
markeMark wrote:One important point mentioned in this post is that Tan would want his money back. Will take a lot of persuading to get an investor willing to gamble that much money on what is a relatively small club in comparison to most Premier league clubs. Not sure we are that well known worldwide. I spend a lot of time in the States, and am always surprised by the number of people who look at me with a blank expression when I tell them I'm from Wales, a lot of them have never heard of Wales never mind Cardiff. Hard to compare us with Fulham (mentioned earlier) who are based in a prospering city of over 8 million, compared to our city of around 350,000 located in a poorer part of the UK.

Fulham maybe in the most prosperous city in the world with a population of 10 million, but they have grown as much as they will do. They have been in the Premiership for 9 years and still cant sell out 22k. Cardiff in comparison have much more potential, however, what I will say is that, their new owner Shahid Khan, has probably bought a London football club in order to establish an NFL franchise in the City, which would work perfectly with a ground share in the capital :thumbup:

I was thinking more in terms of sponsorship potential etc. In this part of the country we seem to be in a constant struggle to attract inward investment of any kind, and most grants made to persuade companies to relocate end up in the rich South East of Britain, rather than around here. I guess that gives an advantage to clubs in that area to tout for sponsorship deals and other related business deals compared to us. They have more clubs to compete with down there, but I think there's a shed load of cash available in that part of the country, and more potential to sell a London club than one in S Wales.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:56 pm

markeMark wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I was thinking more in terms of sponsorship potential etc. In this part of the country we seem to be in a constant struggle to attract inward investment of any kind, and most grants made to persuade companies to relocate end up in the rich South East of Britain, rather than around here. I guess that gives an advantage to clubs in that area to tout for sponsorship deals and other related business deals compared to us. They have more clubs to compete with down there, but I think there's a shed load of cash available in that part of the country, and more potential to sell a London club than one in S Wales.

Sponsorship though, is really about brand exposure and the more successful a club is, no matter what part of the country it's in will get the best sponsorship deals as it will undoubtedly have more games broadcast live to worlwide audiences. Liverpool (Anfield) is situated in one of the most impoverished areas of the uk but can command huge sponsorship fees. :thumbup:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
markeMark wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Sponsorship though, is really about brand exposure and the more successful a club is, no matter what part of the country it's in will get the best sponsorship deals as it will undoubtedly have more games broadcast live to worlwide audiences. Liverpool (Anfield) is situated in one of the most impoverished areas of the uk but can command huge sponsorship fees. :thumbup:

Fair comment, not going to argue with that. I was a couple of million out on London's population as well, took early retirement 8 years back and haven't kept as up to date with things as I might have.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 am

Pikey wrote:Fair play rules will also make it more difficult to find a buyer

Really?? I thought any tom, dick (Tan) or harry can buy a footy club as long as it has been agreed by the current owner(s) :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 am

jackf wrote:Good point as every club who had a one season wonder in the PL has now gone on to be owned by billionaires. Only a matter of time before the likes of Barnsley, Burnley and Blackpool get back into champions league places. Why the constant desire to be bought out by a mad foreign money man. Surely you dont see yourselves as a Chelsea or man city? More like a pompey or a Blackburn. Sam was the answer to your prayers and vinny was your knight in shinning armour maybe its about time your club took a hit and got back on its own two feet with cardiff money and people.

Sense :thumbup:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Nonsense :thumbup:

Amended it for you.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Nonsense :thumbup:

Amended it for you.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Which bit? Or your amendment is indeed "nonsense". :thumbup: