Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

pontypridd v valencia

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Ponty town to play valencia in a friendly in july at valencia

Re: pontypridd v valencia

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Beddau bluebird wrote:Ponty town to play valencia in a friendly in july at valencia

There are some of the presenters from talk sport going and trying to round up as many people as they can to go out and watch, sounds like fun

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:53 pm

fair play hell of a friendly regardless of the quality of side they put out, something to tell the grand kids. wish i was playing!

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:56 pm

If i wasn't going to Amsterdam i would of fancied that

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:54 pm

How the f**k did ponty town pull this off?

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Gotta be a wind up..
If not might get in the blower and try get a game

Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

I heard Dominic Broad (Ponty Manager) on TalkSport with Colin Murray, he used to coach there I think.

Sounds like it will be a massive party and I for one am tempted to go. 29th July I think.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

Good on Ponty I say, hell of a friendly that! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm

This friendly is this week isn't it ?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 pm

yes this week there was a report on htv wales tonight about the game

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

This was actually confirmed in February great pulling that off

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:32 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:This was actually confirmed in February great pulling that off

When is the game? I'd like to see it.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Its in the smaller stadium but they did get offered to play at the Mestella (54,000 cap?) but they had booked the flights etc.

Coach did work there a while back, kept in touch, and requested a game. Playing the reserves/academy but who cares, massive game for the club.

They put pictures of the squad on walesonline, awful photoshopping going on! Danny Murphy is involved somehow too, possibly playing to help them out but not sure on that.

The game is on Tuesday (29th)

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:11 pm

You see I would rather city play local teams in friendliest for those teams to make some money rather than the likes of Chasetown

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Yes talk sport presenters have asked listeners to go out support them! So far about 300 are going from all over uk, and team expences being met by wicks. :thumbup:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Beddau bluebird wrote:Ponty town to play valencia in a friendly in july at valencia

Just back from the game they lost 3-0.
Great turnout, many Ponty fans, and lots of fans from other clubs joined in the ambiance singing the Ponty songs & wearing the Ponty shirts. No singing other clubs songs which was good, super ambiance, beer for sale, no aggression, excellent publicity for fun, British supporters.

A few congas going on too.

Some of the Ponty songs:

"You've never heard of us before..."

"We want to stay here, we want to stay here, Ponty is shit, we want to stay here"

Ponty team did well in temperatures approaching 30°C

No Echo or Wales Online reporters, only saw a Talksport guy, who said he was surprised with the lack of Welsh journalistic presence.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Jupiter wrote:

Great turnout, many Ponty fans, and lots of fans from other clubs joined in the ambiance singing the Ponty songs & wearing the Ponty shirts. No singing other clubs songs which was good, super ambiance, beer for sale, no aggression, excellent publicity for fun, British supporters.

Some of the Ponty songs:

"We want to stay here, we want to stay here, Ponty is shit, we want to stay here"

No Echo or Wales Online reporters, only saw a Talksport guy, who said he was surprised with the lack of Welsh journalistic presence.

Sounds like you had great fun :thumbup:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

Some of the Ponty songs:

Sounds like you had great fun :thumbup:

Yep it was terrific fun.

Just read the Walesonline write up by Gareth Rodgers, not sure if he posts on this forum. He wasn't there yesterday and even got the name of the stadium wrong. He reported it was played in Paterna Valencia which is about 60 miles north of the Golf-Beach Resort "Oliva Nova" where it was actually played!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm

what a great lyric, why didnt i think of that....

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Jupiter Posts: 49Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Not egg chasing mate. If it had been, then BBC Wales would have sent a whole production team. Stayed a week and shown the game live.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Military Junta wrote:You see I would rather city play local teams in friendliest for those teams to make some money rather than the likes of Chasetown

It was our DVP team yesterday fgs, yesterday was nothing more than just reigniting the relationship/bond the two clubs have. Swansea play Port Talbot a shit load of times and they barely benefit from it. Foreign opposition for the Welsh sides is the big pull

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

As one poster said above, I've been very surprised at how little media coverage this has received in Wales. Barely anyone really knew about it and it's been a big coup for Pontypridd. I bet if it was Pontypridd rugby playing a top European rugby side the Welsh media would have been all over it.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:You see I would rather city play local teams in friendliest for those teams to make some money rather than the likes of Chasetown

It was our DVP team yesterday fgs, yesterday was nothing more than just reigniting the relationship/bond the two clubs have. Swansea play Port Talbot a shit load of times and they barely benefit from it. Foreign opposition for the Welsh sides is the big pull

Many City fans would prefer the annual pre-season game away to Merthyr started back up than a game against Chasetown or whatever even if it was a DVP team. I take it that you never went to the Merthyr pre-season games in the summer then ?