Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY OFFER 3 YEAR CONTRACT & IS SET TO SIGN '

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:Correct Annis, this contract for Cowie may surprise some but I understand it completely.

Ole will have seen and been aware of Cowies work rate and attitude and most managers will want this type of player in his squad, Cowie is underrated by many of our fans in my opinion.

He is definitely underrated. Remember the days when everyone's favourite player was Jason Perry. Perry was one of the most limited players I have seen but you knew he would sweat blood for the shirt and we loved him for it. Cowie has far more ability than Perry and would also sweat blood but what recognition does this get him on here? f**k all!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Correct Annis, this contract for Cowie may surprise some but I understand it completely.

Ole will have seen and been aware of Cowies work rate and attitude and most managers will want this type of player in his squad, Cowie is underrated by many of our fans in my opinion.

He is definitely underrated. Remember the days when everyone's favourite player was Jason Perry. Perry was one of the most limited players I have seen but you knew he would sweat blood for the shirt and we loved him for it. Cowie has far more ability than Perry and would also sweat blood but what recognition does this get him on here? f**k all!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:52 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Aramore wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I was only saying on the way to Manchester on Tuesday that I think Cowie would be more capable of doing a job in this team.
Malky tried to utilise Cowie as more of an attacking player where he's obviously no threat, but in a team full of attacking flair I believe Cowie could well be capable of filling the holes left in behind.

Despite some of you lot being ignorant to what he offers I think Cowie is a decent footballer with a superb engine who rarely wastes possession.
I think our best football under Malky was around about October of Malky's first season and Don Cowie was at the heart of it.

I'm happy for the lad, his commitment and attitude must be infectious and I'm glad he's earned a new contract.

Last season someone got the stats out that showed we conceded more goals per minute when Cowie was playing than when he wasn't.

Stats mean nothing to me mate, it was probably cos Malky threw Cowie on the pitch to go all out defence and totally changed our tactics to go with ala Sunderland game.

I'm not saying he's Maradona but I think we need a balance with the likes of Zaha, Daehli, Noone and co playing and I think Cowie could provide that.

With Malky we had no flair so he looked ordinary.

The lack of respect a top pro like Cowie gets on here is ridiculous.

To be honest I do like Cowie and he does give us more options, my first comment was more tongue in cheek really :ayatollah:

The only thing I don't quite understand though is we've got 10 options for centre midfield and we've been linked with another few today.

3 years can't be justified in my eyes either though. Two years with an option I would understand more but as he's 31 in February and rarely plays for us now I can;t see what good he'll be in 3 years time.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Aramore wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Aramore wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I was only saying on the way to Manchester on Tuesday that I think Cowie would be more capable of doing a job in this team.
Malky tried to utilise Cowie as more of an attacking player where he's obviously no threat, but in a team full of attacking flair I believe Cowie could well be capable of filling the holes left in behind.

Despite some of you lot being ignorant to what he offers I think Cowie is a decent footballer with a superb engine who rarely wastes possession.
I think our best football under Malky was around about October of Malky's first season and Don Cowie was at the heart of it.

I'm happy for the lad, his commitment and attitude must be infectious and I'm glad he's earned a new contract.

Last season someone got the stats out that showed we conceded more goals per minute when Cowie was playing than when he wasn't.

Stats mean nothing to me mate, it was probably cos Malky threw Cowie on the pitch to go all out defence and totally changed our tactics to go with ala Sunderland game.

I'm not saying he's Maradona but I think we need a balance with the likes of Zaha, Daehli, Noone and co playing and I think Cowie could provide that.

With Malky we had no flair so he looked ordinary.

The lack of respect a top pro like Cowie gets on here is ridiculous.

To be honest I do like Cowie and he does give us more options, my first comment was more tongue in cheek really :ayatollah:

The only thing I don't quite understand though is we've got 10 options for centre midfield and we've been linked with another few today.

3 years can't be justified in my eyes either though. Two years with an option I would understand more but as he's 31 in February and rarely plays for us now I can;t see what good he'll be in 3 years time.

I'm a little surprised at the 3 years bit, but I think a player like Cowie will give you a lot off the pitch as well as on the pitch. He strikes me as a guy with very high standards and will play and train with nothing less than 100% and will raise the bar throughout the squad.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Cowie is in our top 10 players. Criminally underrated. They'd rather breeze block players like Medel with fancy foreign names than people who do the job. If we had a team full of Cowie's we'd be in Europe by now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Magnificent move by Vincent tan
He knows that when Malky moves to his next management post he will do the usual and come back for cowie.
Tan ties him up on a three year deal and now if Malky wants him he has to pay 8.5 million to sign him.
Revenge is a dish served cold (Cornelius style) :thumbup:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 pm

steve davies wrote:Magnificent move by Vincent tan
He knows that when Malky moves to his next management post he will do the usual and come back for cowie.
Tan ties him up on a three year deal and now if Malky wants him he has to pay 8.5 million to sign him.

:lol:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Nail on head Carlos.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm

:lol: :notworthy:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:15 pm

RFMH wrote:This thread is going to be hilarious :lol:

#overreact

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

:ayatollah: :lol: :notworthy:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Iv been trying to tell everyone for months that cowie is a very good player but people just slated me. But at least thats 2 more qualified people than our fans wanting cowie at CCFC

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Curiouser and curiouser!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ole has offered Don Cowie a new 3 year contract and Cowie is expected to sign it in the forthcoming days.
Cowie will be missing from this Saturdays Norwich C game with a calf injury.

Plus Great News

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134365 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please tell me this is a f*****g wind up?!
He wouldn't get in half the teams in the championship ffs!

And there was me thinking Ole would laugh when he saw Son of Malky in action!

I still wonder at the utter shite some come out with. Never ceases to amaze!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Son Of Malky they said.

Son Of Ole, they never said.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
popeye21 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ole has offered Don Cowie a new 3 year contract and Cowie is expected to sign it in the forthcoming days.

Plus Great News

Please tell me this is a f*****g wind up?!
He wouldn't get in half the teams in the championship ffs!

And there was me thinking Ole would laugh when he saw Son of Malky in action!

So you would happily let him run down his contract and leave, whereas I would rather use him until the summer for cover, then sell him for £875k.

You are the ultimate optimist if you think we would get a fee for him mate.
As well as being shite he's the wrong side of 30.

Well, if he signs a contract and then someone comes in for him in the summer (a Championship club, for instance), then the club will be able to get a fee for him, won't they?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Good news, cowrie is such a good player to have in squad,100% effort and always consistent and very fit. We do have some clueless fans who can't see what a good player he is.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Ha! you jokers who think Cowie can't be useful...Was an excellent Championship player, but now we've reached the PL you now say 'he's shit blah blah'

You describe Cardiff City as some major PL powerhouse...If we stay up this year it will be a miraculous effort by the lads...I see it going down to the last game.

Don Cowie will be needed mark my words...What a great pro, happy to put the team first. If we go down, Cowie will be there to pick up the pieces and try and get us back up you daft sods :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Cowie is a great pro with a great engine who is a very useful option to use off the bench never gives less than 100% and as obviously impressed OGS and therefore i am happy to see him sign a new contract and remain an assett yo our Club never mind which Division we are in next season.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:27 am

Come off it Carl it makes no sense to me at all.
Ole must be hoping to keep us up this season and if he does his next ambition will be to make us a top ten team. Where would cowie fit into those plans.
With the players brought into the club this month I will be surprised if cowie makes the bench in many games.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 am

Aramore wrote:This is the worst news ever. :(

Idiotic post. Open your eyes.
Great squad player.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Aramore wrote:This is the worst news ever. :(

Absolutely idiotic statement.

An exaduration - not idiotic because it is awful news.

I liked cowie in the championship & i think he works hard on this pitch and has a great attitude - but whenever he is on the field the game goes dead.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 am

I quite agree. I'm pretty sure he has a good effect on the whole squad. With his work ethic he must surely have a good influence on the younger squad members. Obviously not flashy enough for some of the board members, but a good solid squad member who will have a part to play whatever division we are in. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 am

Dont get this one at all tbh.

3 year contract especially.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:20 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Dont get this one at all tbh.

Play/coach role two years in maybe?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 am

must be good to have someone like him around the club, and he has had some good games for us this season (Man united at home stands out particularly)

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 am

Plus Great News

That is staggering.
I really thought he was on the way out.
When is he going to play?
Has he kept him on on the premise City will be in Championship and need that sort of player then next season :?:
Hopefully Mackay will land a new job soon and take him & Taylor with him.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 am

RFMH wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Dont get this one at all tbh.

Play/coach role two years in maybe?

If we do a Wolves and get relegated 2 years on the bounce maybe but certainly not in the premier league.

He stifles our attacking intent and I just dont see a place for him ahead of Medel and Gunnarson. If anything we should be looking to improve on our defensive midfield options not giving a 31 year old reserve a 3 year contract.

Where is the link anyway?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 pm

I really hope our players do not read mb's.

He always gives 100% and has good defensive qualities too. He's been excellent when we need to close up shop in the past.....runs all day.

Im beginning to think that a lot of mb fans are the very worst type amongst us.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Cowie confirmed yesterday to one of the Media Wales reporters that he has been going through the contract but has not yet signed it.