Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY OFFER 3 YEAR CONTRACT & IS SET TO SIGN '

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Ole has offered Don Cowie a new 3 year contract and Cowie is expected to sign it in the forthcoming days.
Cowie will be missing from this Saturdays Norwich C game with a calf injury.

Plus Great News

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134365 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY OFFER 3 YEAR CONTRACT & IS SET TO SIGN '

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ole has offered Don Cowie a new 3 year contract and Cowie is expected to sign it in the forthcoming days.

omg he must be hell of a player in training :lol:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 pm

This thread is going to be hilarious :lol:

#overreact

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Ole out lol

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Cowie must be a hypnotist!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

He will get CSE payments from Malkey as well. ;)

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Is he injured atm? Haven't seen him in the squad since ole took over?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:35 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Is he injured atm? Haven't seen him in the squad since ole took over?

Think he played against Newcastle

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:36 pm

This is the worst news ever. :(

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Got to be a wind up :lol: :lol: :)

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Aramore wrote:This is the worst news ever. :(

You can't of been supporting cardiff long :haha:

Strange one though

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Is it April 1st already?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Good to see the club planning ahead for next season in the Championship.

Tommy Smith also set for two year extension and we're in discussions with Chopra, Koumas & Jon Parkin

:roll:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Preparing for championship football.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Absolutely idiotic statement.
Last edited by Cwmann_Bluebird on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Why? I don't think he will feature much for OGS, but his contract was up in June, so why let him go for nothing when he is worth £875k (Transfermarkt valuation). I think there are a few players who are surplus to requirements, but OGS has had little time to bring in the players he wants in January, which is a notoriously difficult time to recruit, therefore he has rightly concentrated on who he wants in rather than who is to go out.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

I was only saying on the way to Manchester on Tuesday that I think Cowie would be more capable of doing a job in this team.
Malky tried to utilise Cowie as more of an attacking player where he's obviously no threat, but in a team full of attacking flair I believe Cowie could well be capable of filling the holes left in behind.

Despite some of you lot being ignorant to what he offers I think Cowie is a decent footballer with a superb engine who rarely wastes possession.
I think our best football under Malky was around about October of Malky's first season and Don Cowie was at the heart of it.

I'm happy for the lad, his commitment and attitude must be infectious and I'm glad he's earned a new contract.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I was only saying on the way to Manchester on Tuesday that I think Cowie would be more capable of doing a job in this team.
Malky tried to utilise Cowie as more of an attacking player where he's obviously no threat, but in a team full of attacking flair I believe Cowie could well be capable of filling the holes left in behind.

Despite some of you lot being ignorant to what he offers I think Cowie is a decent footballer with a superb engine who rarely wastes possession.
I think our best football under Malky was around about October of Malky's first season and Don Cowie was at the heart of it.

I'm happy for the lad, his commitment and attitude must be infectious and I'm glad he's earned a new contract.

Last season someone got the stats out that showed we conceded more goals per minute when Cowie was playing than when he wasn't.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:05 pm

He's part of the squad,he won't be starting every week but he'll be decent cover.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 pm

Is it me or is this season just getting stranger and stranger :lol:

I'm not a fan of his and don't think he is premiership level but in his defence he gives 100% every game , and is probably one of the fittest players in the league . He has got a great cross on him and isn't scared to get stuck in .

Good squad player but didn't expect to see him staying

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ole has offered Don Cowie a new 3 year contract and Cowie is expected to sign it in the forthcoming days.

Plus Great News

Please tell me this is a f*****g wind up?!
He wouldn't get in half the teams in the championship ffs!

And there was me thinking Ole would laugh when he saw Son of Malky in action!

For f**k sake.

Aramore wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I was only saying on the way to Manchester on Tuesday that I think Cowie would be more capable of doing a job in this team.

Last season someone got the stats out that showed we conceded more goals per minute when Cowie was playing than when he wasn't.

Stats mean nothing to me mate, it was probably cos Malky threw Cowie on the pitch to go all out defence and totally changed our tactics to go with ala Sunderland game.

I'm not saying he's Maradona but I think we need a balance with the likes of Zaha, Daehli, Noone and co playing and I think Cowie could provide that.

With Malky we had no flair so he looked ordinary.

The lack of respect a top pro like Cowie gets on here is ridiculous.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:

Plus Great News

So you would happily let him run down his contract and leave, whereas I would rather use him until the summer for cover, then sell him for £875k.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:22 pm

popeye21 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:

Plus Great News

So you would happily let him run down his contract and leave, whereas I would rather use him until the summer for cover, then sell him for £875k.

You are the ultimate optimist if you think we would get a fee for him mate.
As well as being shite he's the wrong side of 30.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm glad of this the mans a dynamo :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 pm

We've got some right whoppers of fans to be fair. Ole's systems are based on squad rotation and good depth. Cowie also has a good cross and has set up goals this season. If plan A isn't working then getting Cowie on the right and Bellamy or Whitts on the left and getting them to ping balls in at big Kenwyne Jones is a great plan B option.

People slated Dave Jones for having no plan B and then when Solskjaer builds a side suited to various styles of play they cry and moan and say its the worst thing ever. Fancy football is not going to break down every team and Solskjaer is just making us adaptive. Cowie is a good resource off the bench. Him signing a new contract doesn't mean he'll start every week.
Last edited by Green Arrow on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Correct Annis, this contract for Cowie may surprise some but I understand it completely.

Ole will have seen and been aware of Cowies work rate and attitude and most managers will want this type of player in his squad, Cowie is underrated by many of our fans in my opinion.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Good squad player who will never let you down :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:44 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
popeye21 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:

Plus Great News

You are the ultimate optimist if you think we would get a fee for him mate.
As well as being shite he's the wrong side of 30.

But he is fitter than most 25 year olds and is one of those players who will probably play another 5 years or more because of their fitness.