A forum for all things Cardiff City

MATCH THREAD " CARDIFF CITY V NORWICH CITY " MATCH THREAD

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 pm

" CARDIFF CITY V NORWICH CITY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Saturday 3pm 1st February 2014.

This will be updated daily :thumbup: :ayatollah:

' CARDIFF CITY ' :thumbup:

' CARDIFF CITY'S 3 NEW SIGNINGS ' :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City new striker Kenwyne Jones is available for selection as is Zaha and Fabio :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cardiff City go in to this match after a run of 4 consecutive defeats, their worse run of results in the last 2 years.

Cardiff City are waiting fitness on Jordan Mutch due to a thigh strain.

Andrew Taylor is still out for a few weeks after his surgery.

Matthew Connolly is also unavailable through injury/surgery.

Don Cowie has a calf injury.

Mark Hudson is now fit after going off at Old Trafford.

' NORWICH CITY '

Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson, has had his suspension overturned on appeal.
Johnson, 26, is available for the Premier League trip to Cardiff on Saturday.

The Canaries have conceded 35 goals in 23 Premier League games this term.

Cardiff City v Norwich City

Possible City side:-

Possible Norwich side:-

Last 5 meetings:-
23 Aug 2008---Cardiff City 2-2 Norwich City---League Championship
10 Mar 2009---Norwich City 2-0 Cardiff City---League Championship
30 Oct 2010---Cardiff City 3-1 Norwich City---League Championship
15 Jan 2011---Norwich City 1-1 Cardiff City---League Championship
26 Oct 2013---Norwich City 0-0 Cardiff City---Premier League

Fact:-
Cardiff are unbeaten in the last three meetings between the two sides.

Prediction:-
Cardiff City 2-0 Norwich City (Kenwyne Jones & Craig Noone)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MATCH THREAD: Cardiff City v Norwich City

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

id go for :

marshall

john
caulker
turner
fabio

zaha
medel
daelhi
noone

jones
campbell

expecting mutch to be injured

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

marshall

mcnaughton
caulker
turner
fabio

noone
eikrem
medel
zaha

daehli

jones

Would win it for City.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Without having analyzed the opposition, IMO this is the ideal starting eleven against Norwich:

Marshall
Theophile-Catherine Caulker Turner John
Medel Whittingham
Noone Ki Daehli
Campbell

McNaughton simply isn't good enough. Jones sub for Campbell in the second half.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Lexzian wrote:Without having analyzed the opposition, IMO this is the ideal starting eleven against Norwich:

Marshall
Medel Whittingham
Noone Ki Daehli
Campbell

Take Whittingham out for Mutch if fit, or Eikrem otherwise and Campbell for Jones and thats one hell of a side

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:18 pm

No more messing about, we need to absolutely fuk Norwich up. Batter them. Destroy them. Fans, players, everything. We need to be on top form, and send out a message that all the money spent on transfers was worth it and we belong in this league. Time to step up. Now is the time to prove ourselves. No more excuses. 3-0 Cardiff. Ffs lets do a job on em. BLUUUUEBIRDS!!!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:47 am

Perfect time for 2 strikers. My team

Marshall

LB- KTC
CB - CAULKER
CB - TURNER
RB - FABIO

CDM - MEDEL

LM- NOONE
RM - EIKREM (OR ZAHA IF LOAN GOES THROUGH)

CAM - MUTCH (EIKREM IF ZAHA LOAN GOES THROUGH OR BURGET IF MUTCH INJURED)

ST - CAMPBELL
ST - JONES

BENCH - LEWIS, JOHN, DAELI, HUDSON, KIM, WHITTS, BELLAMY

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:55 am

I'd go for this, if signings go through and Mutch if fit. I would play zaha and noone as inside forwards rather than wingers with Campbell up top, then use more width with Jones on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 am

Loathe to call him a super sub, but Campbell has certainly been more effective in the second half in our FA Cup games when he's been brought on.

Would like to see Jones start us off and then Campbell come on in second half for his speed/headers :P

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

Turk-Bluebird! wrote:I'd go for this, if signings go through and Mutch if fit. I would play zaha and noone as inside forwards rather than wingers with Campbell up top, then use more width with Jones on.

Thats some team Turk

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Cardiff 1 Norwich 1

Not as easy as some think. ;)

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Oh-key! wrote:marshall

mcnaughton
caulker
turner
fabio

noone
eikrem
medel
zaha

daehli

jones

Would win it for City.

Eikrem who got taken off at half time in the cup?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Oh-key! wrote:marshall

mcnaughton
caulker
turner
fabio

noone
eikrem
medel
zaha

daehli

jones

Would win it for City.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:06 pm

We lose against Arsenal, Man City and United and we are suddenly shit? Sure, we could have beaten West Ham but February is ours. I just hope you negative fuckers support us until it is certain we are going down rather than being all quiet and subdued over the next couple of months.

I know we have it in us fans to make a difference with the atmosphere. Let's not blow it.

Remember Rorke's drift? Remember who we are? We are f*cking Cardiff lads. Support the team even if we do go down.

Plastic melts. We don't. We should be loving every minute.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:39 pm

I think Ole didn't start the new signings in case of injury, don't think he wanted to take the risk when we got teams we can get points from

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:We lose against Arsenal, Man City and United and we are suddenly shit? Sure, we could have beaten West Ham but February is ours. I just hope you negative fuckers support us until it is certain we are going down rather than being all quiet and subdued over the next couple of months.

I know we have it in us fans to make a difference with the atmosphere. Let's not blow it.

Remember Rorke's drift? Remember who we are? We are f*cking Cardiff lads. Support the team even if we do go down.

Plastic melts. We don't. We should be loving every minute.

:thumbup:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Time for Whittingham, Hudson & McNaughton to step aside.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:05 pm

marshall

mcnaughton
caulker
mbodj
fabio

noone
medel
rincon (dæhli 70)
zaha

quagliarella
jones (campbell 67)

should do it.

Re: UPDATED LATEST NEWS CARDIFF CITY V NORWICH CITY Match Th

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Don't worry about who should start or play or sub lets get it right first from the stands FFS let's get a atmosphere going c'mon gents and ladies let's make some noise
Blooooooooooooobirds \0/<0>\0/<0>\0/<0>\0/ c'mon city

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:38 pm

From what OGS have done so far, I expect this to be a match where Cardiff will have quit a lot of possession, probably 60% or a bit more, if the players show up mentally on match day and do their work at least. The main challenge is to use the possession as leverage to create chances, and also to convert the chances to goals.

At worst it'll be like the West Ham game, around 65% possession, twice as many shots at and on goal than the opposition but a loss. At best it can be a total mauling. As with the West Ham game I suspect the first goal will decide the final match outcome.

If all the players stick to the game plan and major personal goof-ups are avoided, and there isn't cases of Norwich players suddenly conjuring up magical moments of breathtaking goalscoring out of thin air, this should be a match all about dominance, perhaps even total dominance, and a safe victory.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:27 pm

Just found out how to do a flashy formation...

If fit, swap Mutch for Whitts

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 pm

nubbsy wrote:

According to the manager, he was taken off because of a problem with his calf. I agree he didn´t perform very well the 45 he got, but maybe his calf troubled him a bit. I would give him a second chance and play him in a match like this where his creativity is most needed. Still, I´ll be surprised if Ole lets him start.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 am

Nigeria skipper Joseph Yobo has sealed a loan move to return to the EPL with Norwich City, his Turkish club Fenerbache have announced.
Fenerbahçe, which are listed company, said in a statement to the stock market: “Our talent Michael Joseph Yobo temporary transfer until the end of the 2013-2014 season for Norwich City FC. “
Several other media reports also said Yobo will return to England to feature for Norwich City till the end of the season and he will earn about 800,000 Euros.
The former Everton star who has not seen regular first-team football action at Fenerbahce this season has insisted on getting same wage as Fenerbahce at any team he will go, but may now have to be a little more flexible in this respect in order to get a team he could play for more often.
Yobo’s desire to earn a recall to national team and get a chance to play at Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup desired a regular football action.
He is expected to travel to England to join his new team this weekend before Sunday’s transfer deadline.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 am

Lexzian wrote:Without having analyzed the opposition, IMO this is the ideal starting eleven against Norwich:

Marshall
Medel Whittingham
Noone Ki Daehli
Campbell

have to go for 2 strikers imo

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am

What about Ciani and Rincon? if we sign them today..

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 pm

Bobdillinz wrote:Don't worry about who should start or play or sub lets get it right first from the stands FFS let's get a atmosphere going c'mon gents and ladies let's make some noise
Blooooooooooooobirds \0/<0>\0/<0>\0/<0>\0/ c'mon city

This ^^ The thing to do is for fans to get to their place early which can create the atmosphere.
Too many people generally leave it until the last minute which doesn't help IMO.
Very important we as fans get the place rocking as per Man City home!
Been shite lately.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Out of interest .... will people be happy with a draw tomorrow ? I just wonder if we need to be winning a home game like this.

I think a draw is totally acceptable seeing as we have new players coming in to the team, but 3 points and a climb of rock bottom would be a nice way to toast the weekend :notworthy:

It might take OGS a few more games to get the team in shape and playing how he wants. :thumbup:

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Cornishblue wrote:Out of interest .... will people be happy with a draw tomorrow ? I just wonder if we need to be winning a home game like this.

I think a draw is totally acceptable seeing as we have new players coming in to the team, but 3 points and a climb of rock bottom would be a nice way to toast the weekend :notworthy:

It might take OGS a few more games to get the team in shape and playing how he wants. :thumbup:

It's definitely a must not lose game but preferably 3 points please.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:03 pm

Marshall
Fabio Caulker Turner John
Medel
Eikrem. Whittingham
Noone. Bellamy
Campbell

Subs
Lewis
Mcnaughton
Daehl
Berget
Zaha
Kim
K. Jones

Re: MATCH THREAD " CARDIFF CITY V NORWICH CITY " MATCH THREA

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Hoping for 2-1 but feel it may be a draw.