Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MEDEL £11m AND OVERWEIGHT

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 pm

What's that all about? Taken off after an hour as he's puffed out! If we sold him now, we'd be lucky to get £3m for him.

Moody/Mackay were totally tucked up there, terrible business.

At least Eikrem looks a great replacement, and at a fraction of the cost.

Can we have an enquiry into the transfer dealings last summer, it's all too strange.

Re: MEDEL £11m AND OVERWEIGHT

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:19 pm

The Harry Bloo wrote:What's that all about? Taken off after an hour as he's puffed out! If we sold him now, we'd be lucky to get £3m for him.

Can we have an enquiry into the transfer dealings last summer, it's all too strange.

I'm annoyed as well but he isn't to blame, does his job well, he wasn't puffed out he had to be replaced so that we could press further up the pitch, I saw it coming before he was taken off....

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

The Harry Bloo wrote:What's that all about? Taken off after an hour as he's puffed out! If we sold him now, we'd be lucky to get £3m for him.

Malky totally ass raped us with the signing, Medel is a gd player but 5-7 mil at best, cornelius enough said, odemwingie & Brayford ffs caulker is the only player worth the money IMO. Medel apparently cost 15 mil with add on, the same with cornelius

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh no - you're not allowed to talk like that about "Mr PR" Malky!

The bloke done what he was employed to do - promotion, BUT, he wasted an unreal amount of Tans money....

Good riddance to the king of twisting the media!

Watch the bluebirds shock a few in the next few games, 62% possession and 19 shots at goal today - when did that last happen?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:35 pm

GGardner wrote:Oh no - you're not allowed to talk like that about "Mr PR" Malky!

The bloke done what he was employed to do - promotion, BUT, he wasted an unreal amount of Tans money....

Watch the bluebirds shock a few in the next few games, 62% possession and 19 shots at goal today - when did that last happen?

That was after we went 1-0 down and against ten men, before that west ham were all over us especially at the start

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:38 pm

I think he was taken off because Ole wanted an attacking player on the pitch

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 pm

i think he was taken off because hes simply shit.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Worst player on the pitch again according to the ratings, admittedly i didnt see this one. But doesnt suprise me.

As I said previous, if his name was "Chris Jones" and was a part time choir boy, he would be slated weekly.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Castro wrote:Worst player on the pitch again according to the ratings, admittedly i didnt see this one. But doesnt suprise me.

As I said previous, if his name was "Chris Jones" and was a part time choir boy, he would be slated weekly.

Castroath you talk so much sense! :thumbup:

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Odemwingie was the worst player on the pitch, giving the ball away time and time again even though he had one good run, I Personally like medel, must be hard for him to play in a team who is under pressure every week, think we need another striker, another centre half and another winger

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Jenks wrote:Odemwingie was the worst player on the pitch, giving the ball away time and time again even though he had one good run, I Personally like medel, must be hard for him to play in a team who is under pressure every week, think we need another striker, another centre half and another winger

You had the majority of the possession didn't you? At home - against West Ham...

If thats under pressure hes fecked :D

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:34 pm

I meant every week not today.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:43 pm

I loved Malky but lets be fair lads, apart from Caulker he's pissed 20 odd mill up the wall.
Also don't get the Medel worshipping, at £11 million I would like to see a FORWARD pass occasionally.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Gary "Mr Sideways" Medel.

Slows down any attacking impetus. Unfortunately it's us who he slows down more than the opposition.

Plays at most two forward passes in every game.

Other than that, EVERYTHING is either sideways or backwards.

Undoubtedly a decent player but over the last few games he's not even been winning any tackles!

Never worth anything like the money wasted on him.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Said he looked overweight about 2 months ago. Nobody was interested in believing it. Premiership looks to quick for him.

Is a good player, just not suited to a premiership struggling team.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm

total waste of 11 million in my opinion

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
GGardner wrote:Oh no - you're not allowed to talk like that about "Mr PR" Malky!

That was after we went 1-0 down andainst ten men, before that west ham were all over us especially at the start

Rubbish we were all over them 2nd half before he got sent off

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Canas cost nothing. Similar players . 11m is incredible. Although I thought he was superb against us to be fair.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 pm

jackf wrote:Canas cost nothing. Similar players . 11m is incredible. Although I thought he was superb against us to be fair.

He is always top class. People are just throwing their dummys out their mouths because we lost :roll:

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:22 am

Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:Canas cost nothing. Similar players . 11m is incredible. Although I thought he was superb against us to be fair.

He is always top class. People are just throwing their dummys out their mouths because we lost :roll:

:lol: he most definitely is not

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:04 am

Can we have an enquiry into the transfer dealings last summer, it's all too strange

The biggest factor why MM got sacked.............

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Aramore wrote:

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Surprised at this. I really don't know what you expect from Medel. He's a defensive mid. DEFENSIVE MID. Means his role is to sit in front of the back four, tackle and break up play, which he does to great effect. Check the stats, how many goals have we conceded when he's not on the field? He's not going to go rampaging forward, firing shots and setting people up. Not that kind of player, and not his role. He has one of the highest pass completion rates at the club. And calling him fat is just playground stuff.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

That was after we went 1-0 down andainst ten men, before that west ham were all over us especially at the start

Rubbish we were all over them 2nd half before he got sent off

Like I said when we were 1-0 down west ham sat back and let us come at them.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:07 pm

CM_Saunders wrote:Surprised at this. I really don't know what you expect from Medel. He's a defensive mid. DEFENSIVE MID. Means his role is to sit in front of the back four, tackle and break up play, which he does to great effect. Check the stats, how many goals have we conceded when he's not on the field? He's not going to go rampaging forward, firing shots and setting people up. Not that kind of player, and not his role. He has one of the highest pass completion rates at the club. And calling him fat is just playground stuff.

I so think he's overweight, slow but still one of our better players. A proper pre season might help. He might have very good possession stats but what does he do.with the ball, all Swansea players have great stats but do sod all with it. Joe Allan might have better stats than Gerrard but they make completely different types of passes.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Daya wrote:
Castro wrote:Worst player on the pitch again according to the ratings, admittedly i didnt see this one. But doesnt suprise me.

Bullshit!! no other player at Cardiff City would get a look-in at his previous clubs Boca, Sevilla

Gary Medel should be used as a centre-back when we are behind or even as a box-to-box midfielder instead of holding mid

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Name one player at City who'd get into the national team of Chile!!! Gary Medel is a class act and WILL play for a bigger team than us in the EPL

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:20 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Daya wrote:

Bullshit!! no other player at Cardiff City would get a look-in at his previous clubs Boca, Sevilla

Gary Medel should be used as a centre-back when we are behind or even as a box-to-box midfielder instead of holding mid

One of the worst signings we have made in modern times was a defensive midfielder from Sevilla going by the name of Jordi Lopez. He even played for Real Madrid and had a European winners medal to his name... He was awful.

Judge on performances, not history. Thats why the likes of John O'shea still make a living.... And so far, Medel has been average.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Castro wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Daya wrote:

One of the worst signings we have made in modern times was a defensive midfielder from Sevilla going by the name of Jordi Lopez. He even played for Real Madrid and had a European winners medal to his name... He was awful.

Judge on performances, not history. Thats why the likes of John O'shea still make a living.... And so far, Medel has been average.

I think hes played well, but thats my opinion....its not easy for him having Whitts and Kim in front of him.....Whitts passes on the creative responsibility to Medel far too often...Medel has been switching the ball with 30 -50 yard passes which is essentially Whittingham's job.....Getting over-run in Midfield cos Kim and Whitts are not good enough.....Put Barcelona's Busquets as our holding midfielder for Cardiff and watch him struggle

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Castro wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Daya wrote:

Medel is average because Jordi Lopez and john O shea have winners medals but are still rubbish. Is this your logic?