Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LATEST ON TRANSFER TARGETS '

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Surely Marshall would still be first choice but would be great to have another keeper as good as Marshall to give him some relief when injured or over played?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Any possibility of moving more out ?! The owner would be top of my list ! Milked the fans' adulation after promo at the CCS yet couldnt look those same fans in the eye @ Anfield ! YELLOW DESPOT , this is Cardiff City not some SE Asian sweatshop ! TAN OUT !

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Coco wrote:Any possibility of moving more out ?! The owner would be top of my list ! Milked the fans' adulation after promo at the CCS yet couldnt look those same fans in the eye @ Anfield ! YELLOW DESPOT , this is Cardiff City not some SE Asian sweatshop ! TAN OUT !

Behave.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:The paperwork at Cardiff's end for Mats Møller Dæhli was completed yesterday, there should be nothing to stop the deal being finalised and completed today.

Cardiff are now trying to do a deal direct with Man United to sort out the compensation. Molde the club are fed up of the agent solbakken because of the deal he had originally done.

Solksjaer wants the Diouf deal completed soon and I am told he will be at the Cardiff City Stadium tomorrow to watch the game against West Ham. Ole wants Diouf and goalkeeper Oliver Nyland in next week before the Man City game.

Wilfried Zaha has been in Cardiff yesterday for talks and a loan deal is looking very promising.

Craig Bellamy will be in the matchday squad for the game against West Ham and he has also told Ole that he would like to extend his contract.

Ole's like a whirlwind players everywhere, looking forward to seeing them tomorrow :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Misled Mike wrote:Marshall has been an outstanding shot stopper this season but in my opinion does not command his 6 yard box at set pieces which is his weakness. His distribution of the ball at times is very poor to but like someone has already stated he,s been worth 8/9 points this season.

I think the points mentioned are the reason we got him for less than a million instead of £20m.

CCFC defenders should know a keepers weaknesses and also strengths, if he won't come off his line then the defenders should know its there ball to clear. I have the same argument with people near my seat in the ground. Marshall £ for £ is one of the best signings we've made for years! If you want the finished product you have to pay top dollar.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks Carlos :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Eikrem
Daehli
Diouf
Zaha
Nyland (hopefully just back up/future star and not Marshall replacement)

That's a very good window for our midfield/attack, but I feel we badly need a new LB and CB, both to help with first team duties and better depth in defence. If we can bring in all these, plus a defender or two, I would be very confident for the rest of the season.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:49 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see zaha happening. On bench tonight and talk of Fabio on loan. Your only allowed one loanee from one club. Hopefully someone will tell me this is wrong.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:59 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I hope I'm wrong but I don't see zaha happening. On bench tonight and talk of Fabio on loan. Your only allowed one loanee from one club. Hopefully someone will tell me this is wrong.

Seems like 4 players

Rule 52.2.2 No Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:41 pm

rontom wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:I hope I'm wrong but I don't see zaha happening. On bench tonight and talk of Fabio on loan. Your only allowed one loanee from one club. Hopefully someone will tell me this is wrong.

Seems like 4 players

Rule 52.2.2 No Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.

Yes but I'm sure prem rules only allow one from each club. So I.e. we couldn't have two man utd loanees.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:47 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
rontom wrote:

Seems like 4 players

Yes but I'm sure prem rules only allow one from each club. So I.e. we couldn't have two man utd loanees.

Yes you are right, just checked and the premier league rules state 1, but the football league and FA state as rule 52.2.2 as quoted by me.

V.5.
A “Temporary Transfer” shall mean the transfer of a contract registration effected in accordance with Rules V.6 to V.10.
V.6.
Subject to the conditions set out below, a Temporary Transfer shall be permitted:
V.6.1. between Clubs; and
V.6.2. between a Club and a club in membership of the Football League, the Football Conference, the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and the Southern League.
V.7.
The conditions referred to in Rule V.6 are:
V.7.1. V.7.2. V.7.3.
V.7.4.
V.7.5.
a Temporary Transfer to a Club may not take place in the Transfer Window in which the Transferor Club acquired the Player’s registration;
during the period of the Temporary Transfer of his contract registration a Player shall not play against the Transferor Club;
if during the period of a Temporary Transfer the Player’s registration is transferred permanently from the Transferor Club to the Transferee Club, the two Clubs may agree in writing (to be copied to the League) that the Player shall not play against the Transferor Club for the remainder of the Season;
subject to any conditions imposed by the Board in the exercise of its discretion under Rule V.4.2, the minimum period of a Temporary Transfer shall be the period between 2 consecutive Transfer Windows and the period of a Temporary Transfer shall not extend beyond 30th June next after it was entered into;
the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the same Season shall be 4 and in no circumstances shall more than 1 be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

Premier league ruleS: SeCTiON V
SECTION V: PLAYERS – TRANSFERS OF REGISTRATIONS
V.7.6.
V.7.7. V.7.8.
not more than 2 Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:
V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and
V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be exceptional;
a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers by way of Temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any further Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule V.7.6.2;
any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the Transferee Club or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board.
V.8.
The Loan Fee payable on a Temporary Transfer shall be such sum (if any) as shall have been agreed between the Transferee Club and the Transferor Club and set out in Football Association Form H.2 or H.3 (as appropriate) or in a supplementary agreement.
V.9.
Any Loan Fee (including any instalments thereof) shall be paid on or before the date or dates agreed between the parties, the latest of which must be no later than 30th June immediately following the conclusion of the Season in which the Temporary Transfer expired.
V.10.
A Temporary Transfer shall be effected by submitting to the Secretary Football Association Form H.2 or Form H.3 duly completed and signed on behalf of the Club by an Authorised Signatory.